• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Incidents and Daily Quests

DeletedUser8420

At least you have them...I have yet to get the incidents, so I can't understand the terrible burden you must carry....maybe one day...
well I have no idea what the "daily challenges" are so it seems someone at INNO is playing their own type of game with us.

DeletedUser8420

And I would agree with you...Frankly, between me and thee...I think INNO hates us both...
Agree, Before my complaint was posted I was getting incidents 2 or 3 a day....now, as since I complained about the incidents being in city streets blocked by buildings I haven't got a single one and I still haven't' seen the daily challenges. So, now we aren't suppose to point out the obvious problems without being blocked from the portion of the game.

Falconwing

I finally got Incidents (whoopie doo) but no DQ for me. I guess I'm just not worthy in Inno's eyes. It's really aggravating because a couple of people in my guild have them and they are raking in stuff from the weekly. On has gotten diamonds, a SoK, and 50 fp's.

Freshmeboy

Falconwing... perhaps a fresh perspective on the testing procedure might open some eyes. How would you distribute the DC's for testing across all the worlds if there could only be a minority sent out...? What would be an equitable solution...?

DeletedUser26154

Incidents are working well. I've found 5 so far.
Nothing to write home about but we're getting the free stuff.
As far as DC, it's coming.

DeletedUser17543

Just submitted a ticket with support about the lack of incidents in 2 of the worlds I play. One world which is my "youngest" city got about a half dozen incidents this AM, the other 2 worlds none. Inno claims they are there I just can't see them because of my system or software. I did the recommended "refresh" several times and nothing. I also noticed during other event that one world I pay in consistently and very noticeably gets much fewer items such as the apple trees than the other 2 worlds. However today in one world I see a bunch and in the other 2 nada, zilch, naught, zero, NONE!

Freshmeboy

It's unfortunate you had to file a ticket to get a feature intended for everyone after such a long wait...apparently the incidents aren't fully functional across all the worlds. It's probably a minor hiccup and keep in mind the incidents aren't that much of a competitive advantage...

spnnr

Just submitted a ticket with support about the lack of incidents in 2 of the worlds I play. One world which is my "youngest" city got about a half dozen incidents this AM, the other 2 worlds none. Inno claims they are there I just can't see them because of my system or software. I did the recommended "refresh" several times and nothing. I also noticed during other event that one world I pay in consistently and very noticeably gets much fewer items such as the apple trees than the other 2 worlds. However today in one world I see a bunch and in the other 2 nada, zilch, naught, zero, NONE!

Did the same for my lone world of Greif and 10 mins after incidents miraculously appeared. Hope you have the same luck!

Mustapha00

I've been getting the Incidents for quite some time now...maybe a month to six weeks.

No, they are not game changers. The best reward I've gotten is 5 Diamonds perhaps twice across 5 game worlds.

But the point is fairness. Why should I have access to a game feature on live servers that someone else does not have access to? I get that there has to be sufficient testing to be reasonably sure that the feature will work as intended (and have seen the results of things rushed out prematurely). But Incidents were hardly a pressing need nor a major revamp, so nothing would have suffered had the roll-out been done simultaneously across all servers (or as near as is practicable).

Falconwing

Falconwing... perhaps a fresh perspective on the testing procedure might open some eyes. How would you distribute the DC's for testing across all the worlds if there could only be a minority sent out...? What would be an equitable solution...?
Well, it would depend on what was necessary for testing. Did they need a small amount on each server, or could they have tested it on one server alone, given it to everyone on that server, then spread it to the to other servers when testing was complete? My assumption is the game works the same on each server. I could be wrong, but I can't think of why any server would work differently than any other server.
That way it would be fair to everyone on that server, and not quite so aggravating to the rest of us. Think of it this way, if you were in school and heard another grade was getting pizza, that would suck. Now, if you heard one class in your grade got pizza and it wasn't yours, that sucks worse. But if they chose a few people from your class to get pizza while the rest of you watch, that would be complete and utter BS, right? I feel like I'm watching others eat pizza while I nibble on crackers.

DeletedUser31392

To go along with this rant and raving I will say that the DC rollout has been unfair. It really should have been done by world and not by player to make things fair across the playing field.

In one of my Guilds I know of at least 2 players that have the DCs available to them. Both get an extremely heavy amount of FP rewards for being such new players, which has afforded them to advance their GBs much faster than others without them.

And 1 of them listed out the buildings they received from doing DCs for over a month now, a handful of buildings they normally would need to wait for a seasonal event for (SoK, Wishing Well, Rogue Hideout, Champ Retreat), as well as ones that were part of Set buildings from only 1 prior event so far (Zen Garden, Elephant Fountain Gate), and a few other things I cannot remember now.

This player has been around a little over month now and has managed to push an LoA to level 7 in 24 days, a little over 50fps a day. I have been coaching this player from almost Day 1 when he joined the guild, and instructed him to hold his fp packs for later to purchase goods for Chat and Arc to give him a leg up while still in Iron Age. On occasion he will spend a 5fp pack or 2 daily on swap threads, but the majority of his FPs come from completing DCs nearly every day since he unlocked them. This is not counting FPs he has spent on other GBs trying for prints and to win extra packs, only what was spent on swap threads.

That's and extra ~25 fps a day he normally would not have received by not having the DCs. While this is not truly game breaking for "end game" players, it will give and advantage to these players over others that have been playing a while and decide to start a new world.

The other member of my guild has said that he has mostly been given FPs as rewards with an occasional building like the previous player mentioned above.

Again an extra 25fps a day is not really game breaking for most players that have managed to snag a bunch of set buildings or other FP producing buildings, that 25/day adds up to 175/week which more than doubles the amount of fps normally earned daily through hourly fps on the bar.

So yes, releasing this content to only a select few on each world is considered unfair for most players, and some are bound to get extremely upset. (I'm not really because I know they will some soon and I'm benefiting from the fps from the 2 players mentioned above).

If Inno released a statement explaining the data they were trying to gather by doing a limited release of DCs to specific players I think it would have made these outburst much smaller.
If it was their intent to see the difference between these players and other new players without them to compare progress this should have been announced when releasing partial content.

Bad PR move =\

DeletedUser28670

Capture.png

Here it is, a city with daily quests.
Here's my proposal w/ more details on this guy + a way to fix the total unfairness.