• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

INCIDENTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeletedUser24335

When are incidents going to come to the live server? They have been testing it for over 2 months in Beta

Algona

I think INNO decdied that every time someone asked this question they were going to delay it a week. Fall 2021?

I'm sure INNO will announce it well before deployment so everyone can say how much they hate it and how much they love it and ask why GvG lag wasn't fixed, and make FPs go to Inventory, Propose changes so that it give Expansions and tell what a money grab it is.

All before they try it.

Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Same as it ever was.
Letting the days go by.

Last edited:

DeletedUser28970

He isn't? :eek:

Actually, They are giving them to newbies right now ... probably because if it's all goofed up the newbies won't realize it! ROFLMAO!

I saw a note about them in the "blurb box" as I logged in about 2 or 3 weeks ago, but so far have yet to see a 'soggy hippo' or a glowing tree ...

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser27889

I have heard rumor of them being found on S but I don't play there so I wouldn't know. I do play on beta where there are incidents however there are still issues with them. The main one being incidents that spawn inside your city are absolutely impossible to see. They are only 'found' if you happen to have a collection spawn near them, click the collection and 'find' an incident reward. I'm assuming they are trying to figure out a way to make incidents inside cities work but with the current system it seems it would be best for them to scrap the idea of incidents happening inside cities and keep them to the outskirts.

One reason they may be leaking the incidents out is because in beta there was a pretty large (not universal mind you) calling for an indicator telling you when an incident has spawned, or may have spawned to send you looking. I imagine that request would be repeated in every forum when released. The beta CM indicated that she had record of all incidents spawned and how many were found. So it is possible by them leaking them out, they will know if they are in fact too hard to be found based on the number of people who are able to see them when they weren't even looking.

While they did make an improvement, they added a pulsing color to the incidents to make them stand out a bit more. The pulse seems to only happen when hovering and the incidents themselves are still pretty difficult to see. For all the 'hidden in the outskirts' items I've seen the game use, tickets, apples, some of these are smaller, the colors blend in and can be very difficult to spot.

I imagine the color blind will have quite an issue when released. I think, if rumors of them popping up in some random worlds are true, they are trying to see what a group of people who don't know to look for them are able to see and how many are being missed to give them a clearer picture of how difficult they really are.

DeletedUser30312

I think Algona pretty much said what needs to be said.

Still, if Inno's actually taking the time to test them thoroughly over on Beta, then I'm fine with that.

DeletedUser29672

My son who recently started playing (a week ago) has had as many as 4 incidents per day.
His city still has a small footprint so that's possibly a reason those of us who have larger more expansive cities don't get them.
Either they're buried within our city or they have programmed a kill switch if the city is too large.

DeletedUser26120

or they have programmed a kill switch if the city is too large.
Don't think so, think they are just activating it for newer accounts/players. So therefore it's all the small cities who have them right now.

I've noticed one problem in beta is that an incident will pop up in the middle of my road. I can see that being extremely problematic in later ages with taller buildings and lots of clutter. They'd be virtually invisible.

So that is definitely one issue they have to address already - they're not done testing it yet. We will all get them when they are, I believe.

DeletedUser31217

Hi! I have been playing this game with my husband for 2 weeks now, the same amount of time and he gets incidents and I don't. I put in a support ticket but nothing has changed. Is there no way to fix this, I've had several updates recently but this hasn't been fixed. We were having a fun competition, but now I can't even compete anymore and it kinda ruined the fun ☹️. I really wish the game would have been fair in this aspect.

Darth Mole

Hi! I have been playing this game with my husband for 2 weeks now, the same amount of time and he gets incidents and I don't. I put in a support ticket but nothing has changed. Is there no way to fix this, I've had several updates recently but this hasn't been fixed. We were having a fun competition, but now I can't even compete anymore and it kinda ruined the fun ☹️. I really wish the game would have been fair in this aspect.
Wow - wait till you start getting plundered and he doesn't!

DeletedUser31217

Wow - wait till you start getting plundered and he doesn't!
Yeah, I figured out how to avoid that for the most part. He will fight the same army in the expeditions and win with the coverage that I lost with! He feels kinda bad, but he's excited he's not being held back from advancing the way I am. So, now I just spend less time on it...excitement lost! So it seems the theory of releasing it to all newbies is bogus.

DeletedUser26120

Incidents are only being released to new players at the moment. They will be rolled out to everyone after the feature is fully tested.

DeletedUser29390

I must be a newer player, I received my notice about incidents this morning and have had a few today, nothing special but a nice distraction like with the cherry blossoms trees from that event I can't remember the name of.

DeletedUser28970

I must be a newer player, I received my notice about incidents this morning and have had a few today, nothing special but a nice distraction like with the cherry blossoms trees from that event I can't remember the name of.

a lot of folk got the notices today. If you liked the Spring Event and the cherry trees .... then you will love the Fall Event with it's Apple trees and the apples you can plant and collect!

Mustapha00

I want to say that I got the notice about Incidents on Tuesday, and, while I haven't been around as long as many others have, I'm coming up on my two year anniversary, so I can't imagine Inno would consider me a "new player".

I think the most Incidents I've found on one log in is six, and the best reward was 5 Forge Points from a Rhino On A Raft.

Status
Not open for further replies.