• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Forwarded Include building population in pop-up statistics

Should the building information popup show the population provided by the building?

• Yes

Votes: 20 76.9%
  • No

Votes: 6 23.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jsc29

Idea: Include the population that the building supplies in the pop-up statistics for the building when it is deployed. (Currently the population for a building can only be seen when the building is in inventory or in the building menu.)

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Yes. No.

Reason:

Currently there is no way to see what population a building supplies (that I am aware of) if it is a special building, like an airship. Even if it is an ordinary residence, like an Apartment House, one cannot see the population unless one goes to the building menu. This is a problem because there are various situations in which a player needs to know the population of a building. For example, if the player is trying to decide which building to delete, the population the building provides can factor into that decision.

Details:

Currently, for special buildings, if it is deployed within a city, there is no way to tell what population it provides, other than by going to an off-site resource, like the FOE Wiki. To take an example, the Airship, this is the information that is shown for a deployed Level 11 Airship when the mouse is hovered over it:
  • Gold produced every 24 hours
  • Goods produced every 24 hours
  • Forge Points produced every 24 hours
  • Supply produced every 24 hours
  • Goods received by guild upon collection
  • Happiness provided by the building

The only thing the building produces that is not shown in this list is the population provided. There is no reason obvious to me why this information should not be provided along with the Happiness statistic. Note that the amount of population provided by the Airship depends on both the age of the building and the level of the building. Currently there is no way know what population the Airship provides given these two parameters unless one goes to the FOE Wiki and looks up the statistic in a table. It is absurd that a player should have to go out of game to know the benefits of their own building.

Visual Aids: none

Balance: There are no balance issues with this improvement. It is informational only and does not affect gameplay.

Abuse Prevention: There are no abuse issues with this suggestion.

Summary: Players deserve to know the benefits that their buildings provide. That should include both Happiness and Population. Currently, only Happiness is shown. A building popup should show both Happiness and Population, not just Happiness.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Reason:

Currently there is no way to see what population a building supplies (that I am aware of) if it is a special building, like an airship. Even if it is an ordinary residence, like an Apartment House, one cannot see the population unless one goes to the building menu. This is a problem because there are various situations in which a player needs to know the population of a building. For example, if the player is trying to decide which building to delete, the population the building provides can factor into that decision.
If I delete a building, population is not a factor. I delete it based on size and output. If population becomes an issue I will not be able to delete it. The moment I want to delete a building I get a pop-up telling me the amount of population I will lose. Putting it in a pop-up is hardly an improvement. Not like it is info I need on a daily basis.

Last edited:

Captain Christian

Idea: Include the population that the building supplies in the pop-up statistics for the building when it is deployed. (Currently the population for a building can only be seen when the building is in inventory or in the building menu.)

Have you Checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested? Yes. No.

Reason:

Details:

Currently, for special buildings, if it is deployed within a city, there is no way to tell what population it provides, other than by going to an off-site resource, like the FOE Wiki. To take an example, the Airship, this is the information that is shown for a deployed Level 11 Airship when the mouse is hovered over it:
  • Gold produced every 24 hours
  • Goods produced every 24 hours
  • Forge Points produced every 24 hours
  • Supply produced every 24 hours
  • Goods received by guild upon collection
  • Happiness provided by the building

The only thing the building produces that is not shown in this list is the population provided. There is no reason obvious to me why this information should not be provided along with the Happiness statistic. Note that the amount of population provided by the Airship depends on both the age of the building and the level of the building. Currently there is no way know what population the Airship provides given these two parameters unless one goes to the FOE Wiki and looks up the statistic in a table. It is absurd that a player should have to go out of game to know the benefits of their own building.

Visual Aids: none

Balance: There are no balance issues with this improvement. It is informational only and does not affect gameplay.

Abuse Prevention: There are no abuse issues with this suggestion.

Summary: Players deserve to know the benefits that their buildings provide. That should include both Happiness and Population. Currently, only Happiness is shown. A building popup should show both Happiness and Population, not just Happiness.
Thank you! I've been wanting a feature like this for so long!

Farfle the smelly

Yes, good idea. it would be helpful...
HOWEVER all that info can be found on the wiki, so...
The wiki is as helpful as opening up the build module. I think the OP wants to save themselves that time, which I can get behind. It can be a pain to stop what you’re doing and open up build, when logically that info could just be in the tool tip like the rest of the info. I don’t care how many coins I earn but I do care about the population. I’m curious why the devs decided not to include it originally. Space? I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.