• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Include FPs contributed in GB reward notification

Do you support this proposal?

• Absolutely

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate-

Idea:
There is currently a pop-up on mobile with the GB reward (FPs, medals and bps). I propose this pop-up be modified with new text so that it reads "...You helped reach that goal by contributing XX forge points. ...". A screenshot of the current pop-up is included. For those who don't find the proposed information useful, their gameplay won't be changed in any way.

Have you checked the Ideas section for the same idea posted by someone else? Is this idea similar to one that has been previously suggested?
Did not find similar idea.

Reason:
This would allow a player to see if they got the FP reward they expected. While I believe this will be especially helpful for players who use 1.9 threads, it has benefits for everyone as it summarizes how many forge point were contribution and the reward for that contribution.

Details:
1) Enables users to see if the return on their FP contribution on another person's GB matches their expectations.
2) The current pop-up has room for this additional information.
3) For those who don't find the proposed information useful, their gameplay won't be changed in any way.

Visual Aids: Here is the current pop-up:

IMG_2429.jpg

Balance:
This idea won't cause any harm.

Abuse Prevention:
Do not see any possible way to abuse this as it just provides additional information for the player.

Summary:
A pop-up shows up when you get a GB reward (forge points, medals, blueprints). I propose that the forge points contributed also be included in this pop-up. For those who don't find the proposed information useful, their gameplay won't be changed in any way.

Last edited:

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Why would it be most helpfull for players who use 1,9 threads. Don't they know how much they contributed?????

Are you a FoE developer that you know how much work it is???

Nate-

Why would it be most helpfull for players who use 1,9 threads. Don't they know how much they contributed?????
If I contribute to a building today, and it is leveled in a week, how am I supposed to remember how much I contributed? I give to 100+ buildings in a week.

Are you a FoE developer that you know how much work it is???
The data regarding the FP reward is coming from the GB that was leveled. The pop-up already shows what place the player achieved. All I'm asking is for one additional piece of information. I'm not an FoE developer, but its not like I'm asking for information from a completely different part of the game. I'm asking for information from the same object. That being said, I'm happy to delete that point if that is your only objection to my proposal.

Tony 85 the Generous

On PC, you want the pop-up that appears in the upper right/right side of the screen for 7-8 seconds (according to my stop watch and 10 trials) when someone else's gb that you contributed to, to contain the number of fp, medals, and bps you received? You want to add a whole bunch of info to a temporary and randomly (time random as you don't know when it will happen) appearing pop-up window and think you will have enough time to see it and read when it appears for its 8 second life span?

I certainly do not want a new pop-up flashing in the middle of my screen when someone (finally) completes a level on their gb that I contributed to; and definitely not if I have to click a button to make it go away.

Before I vote, please elaborate and clarify which pop-up you are seeking to modify.

Why not just look in the town hall news to see who hasn't leveled their gb and in town hall events to see whom has leveled their gb and then go look at it to see you rewards?

Personally when I am thinking about where my fp is, the only one I care about is the town hall news to see who is holding up returning the fp I "lent" them. With more medals and bps than Scrooge McDuck has money, I don't need to know (nor care) how many more I just received.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
If I contribute to a building today, and it is leveled in a week, how am I supposed to remember how much I contributed? I give to 100+ buildings in a week.
You contributed 1,9. It's a 1,9 thread. Your profit it anything above that if your Arc is higher than lvl 80. Profit isn't huge. Why is it important to know how much it is? Is it 10, is it 20, is it 50? What's the big deal?

The data regarding the FP reward is coming from the GB that was leveled. The pop-up already shows what place the player achieved. All I'm asking is for one additional piece of information. I'm not an FoE developer, but its not like I'm asking for information from a completely different part of the game. I'm asking for information from the same object. That being said, I'm happy to delete that point if that is your only objection to my proposal.
You are not a developer. You have no idea how much work it actually is, so your information is misleading.

Nate-

You contributed 1,9. It's a 1,9 thread. Your profit it anything above that if your Arc is higher than lvl 80. Profit isn't huge. Why is it important to know how much it is? Is it 10, is it 20, is it 50? What's the big deal?
The purpose of my idea is to put contribution and reward side-by-side. So it has value regardless of whether you use 1.9 or not.

But if you do use 1.9, you often trust that the requestor did their math right. But what if they did their math wrong, and someone else took the spot you thought you were locking in. You gave a certain amount of FPs expecting the same amount back, but don't get that back. Right now you have no easy way to figure this out. My idea would enable that.

If you are expecting a profit, this allows you to confirm that.
If you are expecting to break even, this allows you to confirm that.
If you expect neither of the above, this shouldn't bother you because there is no additional popup.

You are not a developer. You have no idea how much work it actually is, so your information is misleading.
I asked if you want me to delete that point. You didn't answer the question. Do you want me to delete the point?

I am a developer, but not a FOE developer. Are you a developer?

Nate-

On PC, you want the pop-up that appears in the upper right/right side of the screen for 7-8 seconds (according to my stop watch and 10 trials) when someone else's gb that you contributed to, to contain the number of fp, medals, and bps you received?
Before I vote, please elaborate and clarify which pop-up you are seeking to modify.
On mobile, the pop-up with the GB reward (FPs, medals and bps) already exists. I'm not asking for a new pop-up but for the pop-up below to be modified. I propose new text to be added so that it reads "...You helped reach that goal by contributing XX forge points. ...". Thats only 5 words. Whether you care for the additional information or not, you have to click the X or "Show GBs" button, same as before. Unfortunately I don't know about the PC user experience or how similar information is delivered.

IMG_2429.jpg
You want to add a whole bunch of info
I'm asking for one piece of information -- FPs contributed. The GB reward information is already given.

Why not just look in the town hall news to see who hasn't leveled their gb and in town hall events to see whom has leveled their gb and then go look at it to see you rewards?
Actually, this is not always possible. Its 2 clicks to enter the town hall news, scroll and then another click to go to the other person's city. Then you have to find the GB, and then 2 clicks to enter the GB and go to the previous level. And if that GB is locked, you can't enter the GB to see the contributions for the previous level. When you return to your city, you have to then enter the town hall again to check the next GB. My suggestion always works and doesn't add a pop-up or clicks, while your suggestion only works sometimes and has 5 clicks at least.

the only one I care about is the town hall news to see who is holding up returning the fp I "lent" them
A bank compares the loan amount to the repayment. How do you compare that the FP repayment matches the FP loan amount? If there is another way to do this, I'm interested to learn. Also it appears that you use PC and I use mobile. In mobile you can find out who is holding up the fps you lent them by clicking the "Great Buildings" button. But that doesn't give you info on buildings already leveled.

Nate-

I'm not sure why that information is needed. Seems a waste of time and energy for no real benefit.
Please re-read everything above as I describe the real benefit. And if you don't need this information, it shouldn't bother you as it won't add any clicks or pop-ups.

If it would take just a small amount of effort, I would like to see FPs contributed in that popup window. (For a couple of weeks I was tracking contributions in a notepad and a spreadsheet to get an idea of how well I was investing FPs.)

Nate-

If it would take just a small amount of effort, I would like to see FPs contributed in that popup window. (For a couple of weeks I was tracking contributions in a notepad and a spreadsheet to get an idea of how well I was investing FPs.)
Yes - that is exactly what my proposal will achieve. I appreciate your support and please remember to vote in the poll.

Johnny B. Goode

In mobile you can find out who is holding up the fps you lent them
You don't "lend" FPs, you donate them. And no one is holding them up except you. If you want the FPs you donated to reap a reward quicker, just finish leveling the GB. Easy peasy. I mean, the only reason you would not get back what you invested is if you made a foolish donation to begin with. You're looking for a solution on the wrong end of your problem. Only donate when you're locking the reward you desire. To lock at less and then worry about it when the GB levels seems like a very short-sighted way to play the game.

Nate-

You don't "lend" FPs, you donate them. And no one is holding them up except you. If you want the FPs you donated to reap a reward quicker, just finish leveling the GB. Easy peasy. I mean, the only reason you would not get back what you invested is if you made a foolish donation to begin with. You're looking for a solution on the wrong end of your problem. Only donate when you're locking the reward you desire. To lock at less and then worry about it when the GB levels seems like a very short-sighted way to play the game.
I wasn’t the person on this chain who started using the word lent. While your phrasing (“donate”) may be more accurate, not everyone plays your way or sees the game the same way you do. The great thing about my proposal is that it does not negatively impact you in any way.

Reagan said “Trust, but verify”. I only donate when I lock in a spot. That’s the trust part. But mistakes happen, so I would appreciate an ability to verify. That’s what my proposal enables.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Reagan said “Trust, but verify”. I only donate when I lock in a spot. That’s the trust part. But mistakes happen, so I would appreciate an ability to verify. That’s what my proposal enables.
Do your calculation twice before you donate and you have verified it. You now want to be informed after the fact at a time you can not do anything about it anymore. That makes it useless information in my opinion.

Nate-

Do your calculation twice before you donate and you have verified it. You now want to be informed after the fact at a time you can not do anything about it anymore. That makes it useless information in my opinion.
Isn’t the place you finish even less useful information? Yet that is included.

Even if you are doing swaps, many people will appreciate seeing their ROI on donating FPs.

Tony 85 the Generous

Actually, this is not always possible. Its 2 clicks to enter the town hall news, scroll and then another click to go to the other person's city. Then you have to find the GB, and then 2 clicks to enter the GB and go to the previous level. And if that GB is locked, you can't enter the GB to see the contributions for the previous level. When you return to your city, you have to then enter the town hall again to check the next GB.
You can access the players gb directly from the event history on the PC version. So this is a difference between PC and mobile.

A bank compares the loan amount to the repayment. How do you compare that the FP repayment matches the FP loan amount? If there is another way to do this, I'm interested to learn. Also it appears that you use PC and I use mobile. In mobile you can find out who is holding up the fps you lent them by clicking the "Great Buildings" button. But that doesn't give you info on buildings already leveled.
Just access that info through the events as you mentioned.

RazorbackPirate

Isn’t the place you finish even less useful information? Yet that is included.

Even if you are doing swaps, many people will appreciate seeing their ROI on donating FPs.
Other than knowing something leveled, it's mostly useless information. Don't see the need to add more.

As far as seeing ROI, with an Arc 80, on a 1.9 thread, ROI is zero. If you're sniping, you should know your ROI going in, if you locked, then it's a done deal. If you have an Arc beyond 80 or participate in a 1,85 thread, you also know your ROI going in. No need to be reminded after the fact.

Other than you wanting it, what is the use case for this? What can I do with that info listed, that I can't already do without it listed? How does knowing any of this, after the fact, in any way improve my game?
You're not a bank. You're not a loan officer. You don't lend. There are no contracts to enforce. The list in Town Hall will tell you who's holding it up, which makes no difference, unless you're going to level it yourself.

If it's already leveled, nothing has been held up, no reason for this info.

Tony 85 the Generous

I wasn’t the person on this chain who started using the word lent. While your phrasing (“donate”) may be more accurate, not everyone plays your way or sees the game the same way you do.
I say lent because you get them all back plus some [interest] from Inno, providing you arc is L81+ and using a 1.9 thread.

The pop-up with the GB reward (FPs, medals and bps) already exists. I'm not asking for a new pop-up but for the pop-up below to be modified. I propose new text to be added so that it reads "...You helped reach that goal by contributing XX forge points. ...". Thats only 5 words. Whether you care for the additional information or not, you have to click the X or "Show GBs" button, same as before. Unfortunately I don't know about the PC user experience or how similar information is delivered.

View attachment 18856
This is the key and should have been included in the original description. If the program can detect when a gb you have contributed to has been leveled, then it should be short work to report how many fp you had on it when it leveled.

I see nothing detrimental about the request in regards to the game. So sure, add it.

But are you that concerned about a few fp profit and track every single fp? If you snipe someone, haven't you already calculated your profit? With a level 80 arc and a 1.9 thread the difference in donation and reward is always 0. With a level 100 arc and a 1.9 thread you know you are making 2% on each contribution. Are those few fp that critical to your game?

Personally, I blow by this pop-up. If it was removed from the game, I'm not sure I would notice it was gone.

Nate-

So, because we get less usefull information we need more less useful information?
I think it's more useful. What evidence do you have that the place you finish is more useful than the FPs given? Or is it just something you "feel"?

Can you show me the poll that proves that statement, or is it just something you "feel" ?
Before you hold me to this standard, please hold yourself to it. You will have no issue finding tons of instances were you gave your feelings without evidence. That being said, I respect your feelings.

Have you considered whether the moderator of this particular sub-forum should have a neutral stance with a focus on formatting, and act less as a flyswatter.

If the program can detect when a gb you have contributed to has been leveled, then it should be short work to report how many fp you had on it when it leveled.
Yes, I agree. That being said @Agent327 will tell you that neither of us are FOE Developers so we can't judge what would be short work.

But are you that concerned about a few fp profit and track every single fp? If you snipe someone, haven't you already calculated your profit? With a level 80 arc and a 1.9 thread the difference in donation and reward is always 0. With a level 100 arc and a 1.9 thread you know you are making 2% on each contribution. Are those few fp that critical to your game?
I'm not super concerned and don't go through the effort of tracking my ROI. But I also don't double-check that someone is posting a safe position on my guild's 1.9 thread. There isn't any easy way to do without exiting the app. Maybe the post-er made a mistake when using the FOE Tool, and posted a position that wasn't safe. A day later, someone snipes me. I would never know because by the time the post-er leveled their building, I won't remember that I gave FPs thinking I would get 2nd, and instead got 3rd. With the additional text I propose, I can go back to the post-er and educate them about their mistake. But I say this with caution because I don't want to give the impression that my proposal is only useful for those who use 1.9. I "feel" many people will find it useful to see their ROI on FPs donated/lent/swapped.

This is the key and should have been included in the original description.
@Agent327 Can I go back and modify my original proposal post? Or is that against the rules because people have already voted.

Status
Not open for further replies.