• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Include FPs contributed in GB reward notification

Do you support this proposal?

• Absolutely

Votes: 16 53.3%
  • No

Votes: 14 46.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nate-

Personally, I blow by this pop-up. If it was removed from the game, I'm not sure I would notice it was gone.
I agree with you -- the current pop-up is useless. My proposal adds useful information, but if my proposal isn't adopted, then someone should propose the pop-up be removed.

Johnny B. Goode

I agree with you -- the current pop-up is useless. My proposal adds useful information, but if my proposal isn't adopted, then someone should propose the pop-up be removed.
So if your useless information isn't added to the pop up window, you want it removed altogether? Isn't that like the old "take my ball and go home" playground reaction? Except it isn't your ball, now is it?

Periclez

I like the proposal. It will alert me to any errors I make contributing forge points, and that might help me eliminate future errors. If not, it certainly won't hurt anything.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Have you considered whether the moderator of this particular sub-forum should have a neutral stance with a focus on formatting, and act less as a flyswatter.
Please note that most moderators still play FoE! They have as much a right to post in the capacity of a player as any other user on the forums

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?pages/forum_rules/

@Agent327 Can I go back and modify my original proposal post? Or is that against the rules because people have already voted.
https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/how-to-post-an-idea.38353/

Nate-

So if your useless information isn't added to the pop up window, you want it removed altogether? Isn't that like the old "take my ball and go home" playground reaction? Except it isn't your ball, now is it?
In my opinion, the information I'm proposing be added is not useless.

I also said "someone should propose...". I don't find the current pop-up useful, and if others feel that way, someone should propose removing it. I don't plan on making that proposal. I think the remainder of your comment re a ball is rhetorical, but if you want to rephrase in a respectful way, I'm happy to address it.

BruteForceAttack

Probably what is more useful is if the popup showed how many fps did you profit or lost. Anyways I doubt inno will put another number in the popup (especially the contributed fps) as it will be confusing to some players.

Current popup is useful to folks who are hunting for bps....to see if they got that corner bps or not without having to open the gb to check the same.

Nate-

Anyways I doubt inno will put another number in the popup (especially the contributed fps) as it will be confusing to some players.
Why would it be confusing to say "...You helped reach that goal by contributing XX forge points. ..."?

IMO, the bp part of the pop-up is too small to be useful, but perhaps it is useful in that short period of time when you don't have a full set. I have more bps than I know what to do with.

Tony 85 the Generous

Yes, I agree. That being said @Agent327 will tell you that neither of us are FOE Developers so we can't judge what would be short work.
Don't discount a player's day job.

I'm not super concerned and don't go through the effort of tracking my ROI. But I also don't double-check that someone is posting a safe position on my guild's 1.9 thread. There isn't any easy way to do without exiting the app. Maybe the post-er made a mistake when using the FOE Tool, and posted a position that wasn't safe. A day later, someone snipes me. I would never know because by the time the post-er leveled their building, I won't remember that I gave FPs thinking I would get 2nd, and instead got 3rd. With the additional text I propose, I can go back to the post-er and educate them about their mistake. But I say this with caution because I don't want to give the impression that my proposal is only useful for those who use 1.9. I "feel" many people will find it useful to see their ROI on FPs donated/lent/swapped.
Don't forget the coordination of 1.9 leveling is a player construct (ie., not something supported by Inno while also not against the rules). If this is a situation that you find yourself in, then as you have stated, you already know the solution. Furthermore, checking the value of a 1.9 posted position while the spots are being filled can be done by any grade schooler that knows subtraction. Total amount to level - amount on gb needs to be equal to the amount the owner listed. If not, if the amount posted is less, then you can be sniped. No app needed to check the next spot open to be claimed.

If you are looking for this change because
A day later, someone snipes me. I would never know because by the time the post-er leveled their building, I won't remember that I gave FPs thinking I would get 2nd, and instead got 3rd.
then, IMO, this is a weak reason for the change.

The award so far for the strongest reason is:
Logically, if it displays medals and blueprints then why not FP as well. I never really thought about it but now that it's apparent is seem like an oversight on INNO's part. Probably should have been there all along.

Nate-

The award so far for the strongest reason is:
Thanks @Tony 85 the Generous . To be clear, I don't think my proposal is only useful for those who use 1.9, as that is a player construct. But contributing to GBs and getting a reward is a game construct, and frankly fundamental to the game. And I think we agree that if the current pop-up didn't exist, I wouldn't propose adding one.

Just to clarify @67Sage101 comment, the current pop-up displays all three parts of the GB reward -- fps, medals and blueprints. The fp number I'm proposing is the player's contribution, not the reward.

Johnny B. Goode

But if you do use 1.9, you often trust that the requestor did their math right. But what if they did their math wrong, and someone else took the spot you thought you were locking in.
Here is your problem in a nutshell. And it is your problem, not a game problem. If you use 1.9 and don't check the math, that's on you. There's no need to make a game change, however minor, to fix a "you" problem. Check the math yourself. Then you won't get surprised or disappointed, nor will you have to wonder if all your donations will pan out...you'll already know as soon as you make them.
But I also don't double-check that someone is posting a safe position on my guild's 1.9 thread. There isn't any easy way to do without exiting the app.
Again, this is a you problem and not a game problem. And have you never heard of pencil and paper? If that isn't easy for you, then you have major problems that have nothing to do with the game.
A day later, someone snipes me. I would never know because by the time the post-er leveled their building, I won't remember that I gave FPs thinking I would get 2nd, and instead got 3rd. With the additional text I propose, I can go back to the post-er and educate them about their mistake.
Their mistake? No, it's your mistake. You're too lazy to check so you want the game to tell you later if you've screwed up. You're just lucky everyone on that 1.9 thread doesn't know how little attention you pay to donating or they might be scamming you all the time. All they'd have to do is post an amount less than 1.9 and tell everyone else not to donate until you do. Presto! You've just made the GB owner's job much easier and cheaper. Check your own math. If you don't know how, just ask.

Nate-

Here is your problem in a nutshell. And it is your problem, not a game problem. If you use 1.9 and don't check the math, that's on you. There's no need to make a game change, however minor, to fix a "you" problem. Check the math yourself. Then you won't get surprised or disappointed, nor will you have to wonder if all your donations will pan out...you'll already know as soon as you make them.

Again, this is a you problem and not a game problem. And have you never heard of pencil and paper? If that isn't easy for you, then you have major problems that have nothing to do with the game.

Their mistake? No, it's your mistake. You're too lazy to check so you want the game to tell you later if you've screwed up. You're just lucky everyone on that 1.9 thread doesn't know how little attention you pay to donating or they might be scamming you all the time. All they'd have to do is post an amount less than 1.9 and tell everyone else not to donate until you do. Presto! You've just made the GB owner's job much easier and cheaper. Check your own math. If you don't know how, just ask.
You write this as if my suggestion has no incremental value, or that the value is offset by a downside. Neither is the case. Does my idea improve the game? Yes it does. We may disagree on the magnitude and you may feel its minuscule, but it is a net positive for the FOE game playing community. Does my idea improve how you play the game? I dunno. But that isn't the objective of this thread.

I have heard of pencil and paper. Why should I use them when FOE can show me two numbers side-by-side very easily? Not sure if you have heard, but phones can do more than phone calls nowadays. They have screens that can show numbers.

Regarding your proposed scam -- my guild has good people. You should surround yourself by good people as well. Makes life more enjoyable in a way that writing 600+ posts on this forum won't.

BruteForceAttack

Why would it be confusing to say "...You helped reach that goal by contributing XX forge points. ..."?

IMO, the bp part of the pop-up is too small to be useful, but perhaps it is useful in that short period of time when you don't have a full set. I have more bps than I know what to do with.
1623354327811.png

I can clearly see how many fps I got back... If they add something like you contributed 350 fps or 341 fps or 320 fps... it maybe be confusing to an average user.

instead it is better if the second number says something like your profit was 9 fps or 0 fps or -21 fps

Nate-

View attachment 18862

I can clearly see how many fps I got back... If they add something like you contributed 350 fps or 341 fps or 320 fps... it maybe be confusing to an average user.

instead it is better if the second number says something like your profit was 9 fps or 0 fps or -21 fps
I appreciate the picture, but I don't see why it would be confusing to have the contributed fp amount in the top box. As I proposed, the second sentence can be revised to say, "You helped to reach that goal by contributing 350 Forge Points." I guess there could be a label above the two column part of the page that says "Your Reward".

I think profit is a player construct, so I personally don't like that. If you get FPs as a result of using swap threads, your profit is the full amount of the FP reward (so 341 fps in the example screenshot).

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
You write this as if my suggestion has no incremental value, or that the value is offset by a downside. Neither is the case. Does my idea improve the game? Yes it does.
No it doesn't. It improves YOUR game and because of that it MUST improve THE game according to you. If 2 out of 100 players will use it, it already is a net positive, but that does not make it a good or useful idea.

BruteForceAttack

I appreciate the picture, but I don't see why it would be confusing to have the contributed fp amount in the top box. As I proposed, the second sentence can be revised to say, "You helped to reach that goal by contributing 350 Forge Points." I guess there could be a label above the two column part of the page that says "Your Reward".

I think profit is a player construct, so I personally don't like that. If you get FPs as a result of using swap threads, your profit is the full amount of the FP reward (so 341 fps in the example screenshot).
I guess then what we have is fine.. ::) if one needs to know how many fps they donated, they can go to the gb and find out. The pop up is related to returns i.e. how many fps you got back, how many bps and medals...mixing that data with how much someone added doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

Nate-

I guess then what we have is fine.. ::) if one needs to know how many fps they donated, they can go to the gb and find out. The pop up is related to returns i.e. how many fps you got back, how many bps and medals...mixing that data with how much someone added doesn't make sense.
How would they go to the GB and find out if the GB was locked?

Status
Not open for further replies.