• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

New Idea Include FPs contributed in GB reward notification

Do you support this proposal?

• Absolutely

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • No

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters

Nate-

I can from PC :) not sure about mobile

Anyway...half of the time the popups dont show up....so adding anything to it may not help anyone :)
Interesting -- I think you are right. I only play on mobile, but just logged into the PC version to confirm
Re the pop-up, I'm actually not sure if it comes up at all in PC. But it would be helpful to the mobile players.

Johnny B. Goode

Not sure if you have heard, but phones can do more than phone calls nowadays.
Have you heard an old expression that goes, "Don't teach your grandmother to suck eggs"? Look it up. I know how to access my phone's calculator while keeping the app open. Apparently you don't. :rolleyes:
Regarding your proposed scam -- my guild has good people. You should surround yourself by good people as well. Makes life more enjoyable in a way that writing 600+ posts on this forum won't.
I'm not saying your guild doesn't have good people, but you apparently have reason not to trust them or this Idea wouldn't have occurred to you. (And I've written so many more than 600 posts. You have no idea.) And I do surround myself with good people...in real life. And the people I have associated with in-game are pretty decent folk, too. Oh, and it isn't a "proposed" scam, I'm just pointing out the position you're potentially putting yourself in by not checking numbers yourself. You're too lazy to do the math yourself? Then suffer the consequences. Play smart or play stupid, your choice.
I appreciate the picture, but I don't see why it would be confusing to have the contributed fp amount in the top box.
That's because you're new to the Forum and don't grasp how easily confused the majority of players are. Believe me, it doesn't take much.

Nate-

you apparently have reason not to trust them or this Idea wouldn't have occurred to you.
This is not true. Don’t make assumptions about my motivations. As I said I think profit is a player construct but giving players the numbers to calculate their profit / ROI is useful. My fp stash goes up, so I have a positive ROI but to the extent I can get more information within the game, that is great.

don't grasp how easily confused the majority of players are. Believe me, it doesn't take much.
Why do you think you are so much better than other people?

It’s almost like my idea personally offends you.

Tony 85 the Generous

Not possible if the GB is locked. You can't enter the GB.
That is not entirely true. On mobile that only applies to non-friend non-guild mate non-neighbors. If the gb level is locked and they are a friend, guild mate, or neighbor, then you can click on their avatar from the player's list and sleect great building and you can access any players gbs if they are in the list. On PC you can access anyone and everyone's gbs at any time. this one situation happens to fall into PC vs mobile difference category.

Tony 85 the Generous

That's a really good point, you'll only get 1 popup when you log in no matter how many of them were triggered between sessions.
Not sure that is true. I just got two pop-ups when returning to my city from working GBG.

I'm still on of the train of thought, that if you aren't following the gbs you are contributing to and/or don't know what your reward will be when you contribute (such as 1.9 thread).

If you are asking for something because the situation you find yourself in often enough to derive this request is:
A day later, someone snipes me. I would never know because by the time the post-er leveled their building, I won't remember that I gave FPs thinking I would get 2nd, and instead got 3rd.
then I will need to take a corallary page from Agent327 and suggest you need to adjust you style of play for the game. Why would you take the chance of getting bumped when you contribute? Why did you not do the simple subtraction to verify the requested 1.9 contribution is the correct amount before you contirbuted?

Tony 85 the Generous

It’s subtraction and division, right?

Sorry I can’t do that math in my head for all possible combinations that occur in the game.
Subtract the two numbers given in the bar (total to level - total contributed) then divide the result by 2.

You only need to do the math for one spot at a time, The one spot that is next to be claimed and staring at your from your scree. The one spot you are thinking of claiming and need to verify you will be locked in if you claim it. I would ask how many others would claim a spot without checking they would be locked in, but there will be so few it is not worth asking.

Nate-

I would ask how many others would claim a spot without checking they would be locked in, but there will be so few it is not worth asking.
You must be in an OCD guild. I probably point out more cases than anyone else in my guild of 1.9 spots being posted that aren't safe. Its not a regular occurrence, probably 1-2x per month.

@Johnny B. Goode already said that most players get confused easily. If he is correct, then the two step math probably will be difficult for them to do in their head. While I personally hold players in higher regard, I do think math in your head can be difficult.

DreadfulCadillac

Don't know what this is, but any new notifications are bad. Notifications in general are bad, everything (not just foe, other sites) seems to notify your phone or whatnot for trivial things.

Nate-

Don't know what this is, but any new notifications are bad. Notifications in general are bad, everything (not just foe, other sites) seems to notify your phone or whatnot for trivial things.
this wouldn’t be a new notification. It modifies the text in an existing in-game pop up to give some additional information