• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Incorrect Information

• Thread starter DeletedUser36301
  • Start date

Mustapha00

Being that I do not participate in GvG, whether Inno devotes resources to "fixing" it or not doesn't matter much to me directly, although I understand that my Guilds, and I as a member of those Guilds, do benefit from the points earned in it.

Now, that said, it has always made me want to take a cheese grater to the backs of my thighs and then generously apply lemon juice to the wounds that game companies add additional content to the game far more often than they "fix" existing content. Worse, the new content often clashes with the old, meaning an even worse (if happily temporary because events do end) gaming experience. I'd like to think that such companies can "walk and chew gum at the same time", but, often, the evidence is to the contrary.

RazorbackPirate

The constant chase of new features is an inherent problem with software in general, not just online games. Let's face it, bug fixes don't attract new customers. That's not an excuse, nor does it absolve the developers, it's just an acknowledgement of the inherent business drivers a company can't escape or ignore.

GvG is a particular issue for Inno right now since it doesn't run on mobile. An ever increasing majority of the player base can't even access it. Like it or not, GvG is on life support and it's only a matter of time before Inno declares some new feature to be the 'replacement' for GvG. Think DC and Treasure Hunt. They never could, or never would port Treasure Hunt to mobile, so after DC gained enough traction, they declared DC the 'replacement' and removed Treasure Hunt from the game.

I'm not sure what Inno will introduce that will become the 'replacement' for GvG, but one thing I don't see is any more investment than is necessary to keep GvG limping along until then. Trying to lobby for Inno to invest into truly fixing GvG, to me, is just ignoring reality. Enjoy GvG while you can, but I think it's days are numbered.

Last edited: