• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Increased Attack Bonus has become less effective

wolfhoundtoo

1) By player field I presume you mean your city? The reason the name is important is that's the only way I can tell you what it's doing for you.

2) You can get the boosters in the daily challenge and the events at least sometimes. Building up your tavern and friends list to collect silver would help you get the 30% boost from that regularly although it's going to be a bit of work.

3) At level 10 the zues will give 30% boost to your attack and defense of your ATTACKING army. It's pretty good. if you are having trouble with battling the zues is the smallest GB you can get that will help you out decently.

5). No you can't change the turn order. But you can look at the turn order and figure out which enemies are going when and then kill some of them to reduce the amount of damage you take. If you can kill an enemy unit before it fires that is one less hit your army takes.

6) The boost of the enemy increases as you proceed on the continental map. The more you get above your era the worse the enemy boosts as I recall (been a while since I looked) but that's on top of the fact that enemy troops are generally better as you age up. So fighting HMA troops with EMA troops isn't easy and you need to have a pretty good idea of how to fight and maximize the bonuses your troops get and how quickly you can kill enemy units to reduce your damage. Also as i recall EMA is around the time you can run across a bonus quest with barbarians in it. If you are facing those units you should read their description........which will tell you that for everyone one you kill the remaining enemy units increase in strength. It is the one time that I can remember that killing units as fast as you can isn't the best strategy.

7) The advantage of rogues are that so long as you have other units on the field they convert when they are first attacked to one of those other units. It absorbs one hit (for no damage) and if it converts to something with retal you might even get a hit on the enemy. Generally speaking you don't want to keep the rogue while it is a rogue in the background. It means you have one less hitter which means instead of helping you it is hindering you.

You are aware that units get bonuses against certain other types of units and that there are bonuses for terrain?

Emberguard

I'm only at 420/350 and can easily get past 100 attrition with ease. If I use both a tavern and potion boost, I can get to 150 or better. Might I ask what age your in and what troops your using? At 1000+ you should be able to do 200+ attrition with ease.
Not sure if you are referring to Attrition or Attack Penalty.

In the following screen 45 is the attrition and 431is the Attack Penalty.

View attachment 19069
Yeah. Attrition stops increasing at 150. Unless anything's changed then 200+ is the same as 150

Ebeondi Asi

Fighting same age troops at "super" high attrition is always almost futile. 110 is pushing way hard for me at 1700/900.
You need the defense up over 900 to keep moving up the attrition ranks. When you get it up another few hundred, I bet you will be able to keep going over 110

85gt

Seems the more I add to Attack and Defense it does not allow me to go any further, I was able to get to over 100 attrition months ago with less Attack/Def and now with several hundred more att/def % it is very hard for me to get to 100 attrition. Im now at 2100+att and 1400 def.
It seems Inno has stages or something for % of attack boost as in they are always changing how strong AI is. I know as you add attack % to your troops you can see it change in GE, the att/def % gets stronger of the defending troops. Has anyone figured out at what point adding more Att/Def no longer seems to help ?

67Sage101

I'm only at 420/350 and can easily get past 100 attrition with ease. If I use both a tavern and potion boost, I can get to 150 or better. Might I ask what age your in and what troops your using? At 1000+ you should be able to do 200+ attrition with ease.

I'm gonna need some more information for me to wrap my head around those facts. Are you manual battling? Or is that for Auto battle. Is 100 the point at which you start losing all 8 troops ?

wolfhoundtoo

Seems the more I add to Attack and Defense it does not allow me to go any further, I was able to get to over 100 attrition months ago with less Attack/Def and now with several hundred more att/def % it is very hard for me to get to 100 attrition. Im now at 2100+att and 1400 def.
It seems Inno has stages or something for % of attack boost as in they are always changing how strong AI is. I know as you add attack % to your troops you can see it change in GE, the att/def % gets stronger of the defending troops. Has anyone figured out at what point adding more Att/Def no longer seems to help ?

Have you been moving up in ages?

85gt

No it doesn't. Defense only gets stronger when you move up in age.
Yes it does, also the 2 fight quests in Venus get stronger as you add more % to your att/def, I watched mine go from 308 to 338 just by adding more attack % to my troops. No I have been Venus since 2 weeks after it came out

Last edited:

85gt

Well, I can't say you are wrong since I'm not in Venus but I expect that players in that age will be along to tell you are incorrect soon.
lol, all you have to do is keep a record of your GE troop % that your fighting against, as you add att% so does the GE troops your fighting against, this is a fact, open your eys

wolfhoundtoo

lol, all you have to do is keep a record of your GE troop % that your fighting against, as you add att% so does the GE troops your fighting against, this is a fact, open your eys

No, you need to learn how to actually track things. Because in my age (Oceanic) and in my previous age (Artic Future) there was no change when I increased my attack and defense for GE. I'd also like point out that I responded to your post regarding the 2-fight quest in Venus how does that relate to GE? One thing I can say for sure is that GE att/def does NOT change based on your increases in att/def as I've added quite a lot of att/def since I came back after GBG started. You are at best confused.

Pericles the Lion

No, you need to learn how to actually track things. Because in my age (Oceanic) and in my previous age (Artic Future) there was no change when I increased my attack and defense for GE. I'd also like point out that I responded to your post regarding the 2-fight quest in Venus how does that relate to GE? One thing I can say for sure is that GE att/def does NOT change based on your increases in att/def as I've added quite a lot of att/def since I came back after GBG started. You are at best confused.
I don't check to see what the defending army's att/def is in either GE or GBG. I can autobattle to GE64 without losing units so it really doesn't matter, the defender's A/D is insufficient. Honestly, I don't think I've checked their stats since I was in EMA (I'm in FE now). No matter. If you are correct, if the defender's A/D does not change as a player's A/D increases that means that the defending units' A/D will be the same for all players in that age. This should be easy to verify. I've already completed level 64 for this session but will be happy to collect the A/D data for all 64 encounters next week if another FE player cares to do likewise. Then we can compare to see if an individual player's A/D has an influence on the defender's A/D.

85gt

I don't check to see what the defending army's att/def is in either GE or GBG. I can autobattle to GE64 without losing units so it really doesn't matter, the defender's A/D is insufficient. Honestly, I don't think I've checked their stats since I was in EMA (I'm in FE now). No matter. If you are correct, if the defender's A/D does not change as a player's A/D increases that means that the defending units' A/D will be the same for all players in that age. This should be easy to verify. I've already completed level 64 for this session but will be happy to collect the A/D data for all 64 encounters next week if another FE player cares to do likewise. Then we can compare to see if an individual player's A/D has an influence on the defender's A/D.
My GF is FE, just need to know your last level 4 fight in GE to compare

Pericles the Lion

My GF is FE, just need to know your last level 4 fight in GE to compare
No problem. I'll let you know next Tuesday. I'll be able to send some GBG defender stats today,

Update: I'm in FE and my current A/D is 1178/779 (did not use potion or tavern boost) and in GBG this morning:

10 Attrition adds an attack/defense bonus of 32% to defending army base stats.
20 Attrition adds 99%, 30 Attrition adds 203%, 40 adds 345%, 50 adds 527%, 60 adds 751% and 71 adds 1051%

Last edited:

85gt

No problem. I'll let you know next Tuesday. I'll be able to send some GBG defender stats today,

Update: I'm in FE and my current A/D is 1178/779 (did not use potion or tavern boost) and in GBG this morning:

10 Attrition adds an attack/defense bonus of 32% to defending army base stats.
20 Attrition adds 99%, 30 Attrition adds 203%, 40 adds 345%, 50 adds 527%, 60 adds 751% and 71 adds 1051%
GBG attrition is going to be the same for all I think, it changes for GE and the quests where you have to fight. The thing they can change is how the AI works to use skills

Lord Pest

The att and def % does not change as your players stats gets better. It has nothing to do with your player stats. 2 players in the same age go up against the same att and defense % in GE.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ebeondi Asi

The AI does change is some ways. The fact is well known that the AI in early Eras goes for Rogues first. In later Eras the AI does not Go for Rogues first.

85gt

The AI does change is some ways. The fact is well known that the AI in early Eras goes for Rogues first. In later Eras the AI does not Go for Rogues first.
That seemed true till Venus, in Venus it seems to go after rogues again