• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Indy GBG auto battle troop type

Tytan the Great

Just got into Industrial and started GBG. I noticed I have way more troop losses and injuries compared to Colonial, even for low attrition fights. My standard army is 1 or 2 Jaeger the rest rogues. My attack and defense stat are about 200% each. I mostly auto until the troops loss are getting high. i tried to use Howitzer and it seemed worse. Any suggestions?

Agent327

Just got into Industrial and started GBG. I noticed I have way more troop losses and injuries compared to Colonial, even for low attrition fights. My standard army is 1 or 2 Jaeger the rest rogues. My attack and defense stat are about 200% each. I mostly auto until the troops loss are getting high. i tried to use Howitzer and it seemed worse. Any suggestions?

Don't auto and pick units based on the army you face.

P C C

There's no one size fits all answer. When I tried using anything other than Jaeger/rogue or howitzer/rogue combinations because of army matchups, I often regretted it. So I'd say you're already considering the two most flexible options. I'm not in as competitive GBGs as you so I generally had enough time to have the option of surrendering to get more favorable terrain or attacking a different sector to get a new defending army, which gave me more flexibility. And even the choice of full auto battle vs making one move followed by auto might change the best choice.

In your circumstances, I'd stick to Jaeger if I couldn't take time to choose but if you run up against howitzers or few trees on the map you could be out of luck. In case it matters, I'd add that in battles I won I was more likely to lose howitzers than Jaegers and I would have had to store a building and build a howitzer factory to restock if I hadn't been ready to move to PE

Tytan the Great

There's no one size fits all answer. When I tried using anything other than Jaeger/rogue or howitzer/rogue combinations because of army matchups, I often regretted it. So I'd say you're already considering the two most flexible options. I'm not in as competitive GBGs as you so I generally had enough time to have the option of surrendering to get more favorable terrain or attacking a different sector to get a new defending army, which gave me more flexibility. And even the choice of full auto battle vs making one move followed by auto might change the best choice.

In your circumstances, I'd stick to Jaeger if I couldn't take time to choose but if you run up against howitzers or few trees on the map you could be out of luck. In case it matters, I'd add that in battles I won I was more likely to lose howitzers than Jaegers and I would have had to store a building and build a howitzer factory to restock if I hadn't been ready to move to PE
Last GBG season, the big fights are all done within a minute. I couldn’t even pick troops fast enough. This season is a little better, not as rush. Still, I lose more rogues than I’d like, or they got badly injured. Its a big adjustment going from Colonial to Industrial, with all but one troops with ranged attack. It’s a big learning curve, and I will have to try different combinations and see what works best.

-Sebastian-

My experience with Indy was that it was a very bloody age. There isn't any good troop type (only 1 bad troop type - fast/champ). Jaegers vary a lot depending on whether there's forest. Everything else except heavies varies depending on whether there's jaegers and forests. Ranged is OK, except against other ranged (because yours move first, and then get killed by theirs). Heavies are reliable, except against artillery and ranged. Artillery is reliable, except against light and fast.

I liked CA and PE much better. Camping in Indy was probably the worst move I made in this game.

Agent327

Do you auto fight at reset when attritions are in the single digits?

Yes, but I can afford it and I never use rogues. With the combination you use, you should at least always manually start the batlle and move your jaeger to the side before you hit auto.

Tytan the Great

Yes, but I can afford it and I never use rogues. With the combination you use, you should at least always manually start the batlle and move your jaeger to the side before you hit auto.
I did exactly that. i always skip the first turn and let rogues move ahead. need to practice more with different methods