• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Inexplicable population increase

smotpoker81

My population increased by 234 this morning for no reason. I did not build any new residential buildings, or any buildings of any kind for that matter. The last changes I made were last night when I deleted a goods building and a military building, and added a different military building, which should have left me at 119, but I am now at 353 for some reason. I play quite often, so I knew exactly what my population was, and it is now 234 more than what it should be and I'm trying to figure out what might have caused that but I am at a loss.

Emberguard

My population increased by 234 this morning for no reason. I did not build any new residential buildings, or any buildings of any kind for that matter. The last changes I made were last night when I deleted a goods building and a military building, and added a different military building, which should have left me at 119, but I am now at 353 for some reason. I play quite often, so I knew exactly what my population was, and it is now 234 more than what it should be and I'm trying to figure out what might have caused that but I am at a loss.
if you put in a support ticket we might be able to figure it out

Otherwise.... did you use a reno/one up/upgrade on something?

smotpoker81

You know what, I think I figured it out. I just advanced to HMA, and also got a Suishun upgrade kit that I used right after. When I upgraded, it went from EMA to HMA, which has a higher population output. I didn't realize that upgrading also moves it to your current age, since I had originally built it in EMA. Sorry about that.