• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Inno Tower vs. Babel

Cyrus the Adequate

Is there any reason to keep a Babel once you have Inno Tower?

In looking over my city, it seems that Babel is a poor use of space unless I boost it to something like Lvl 40. With Inno, you don't need population anymore, and below level 25 Babel underperforms a basic Goods building.

Am I missing something?

wolfhoundtoo

Unless as you noted you boost it high enough to be worth the goods you get then nope no reason to keep it. Especially with so many event buildings providing population and goods.

Ebeondi Asi

Inno Tower early on lets a player drop houses. amazingly good results. all kinds of space gained. and no need to build new houses every Era.
Later on after you have a gazillion population from Event Buildings. Inno is a nice small footprint for Forge Points it gives after you level it way up dirt cheap. the added population from Inno at that point is totally no problem.

Johnny B. Goode

A better question is why build Inno Tower? There are much better FP GBs that have better accompanying benefits.
In looking over my city, it seems that Babel is a poor use of space unless I boost it to something like Lvl 40.
I would never delete a Babel before Modern Era. Current era goods without using coins/supplies and it can't be plundered? Win/win.
With Inno, you don't need population anymore, and below level 25 Babel underperforms a basic Goods building.
After a couple of events you shouldn't need population anymore without Inno Tower...unless you're doing something wrong. And Babel doesn't underperform a basic goods building, it has benefits that offset the slightly lower production. And goods shouldn't be an issue below Modern Era anyway, even without a single goods building. I almost never build a goods building except to complete a quest, even in a new city.

Pericles the Lion

There are many ways to play. I built TT in IA and buffed my friend's list to include mostly advanced age players. Between them and my guild I collected a good amount of SAAB/SAM goods that I traded down to meet daily needs. Except for quests, I haven't had a goods building since IA and no houses. Ripped out Babel in EMA. Haven't needed INNO. Also tore out LOA but might rebuild down the road for the supply boost. TT comes with mixed reviews but, for lower age players, I think it's a good choice.

Emberguard

Babel these days you'd only keep for the goods

A better question is why build Inno Tower? There are much better FP GBs that have better accompanying benefits.
Inno Tower you'd keep if you either are able to lvl it up high enough for the FP output -OR- if you've aged up at a rate where the Inno Tower population is still useful for your current progress.

Right at the start of the game there is a period of time where the population would come in handy as it may take a few events before you eliminate all housing. If you're able to get the goods really cheap or free it'd be worth considering placing the Innovation Tower down and deleting it once you no longer need the population from it. But doing that (even if it's rebuilt later down the track once you have the capabilities to power level it for FPs) would mean you'd need to be prepared at the start to use it as a temporary structure no different from a normal Residential house from the Build Menu, not a permanent structure.

Cyrus the Adequate

Once I got enough event buildings I deleted both on all worlds I'd built them. Most worlds I never bothered with Inno. Don't see the point in either through at least FE once you get your population up initially, since there are better ways to get both goods and fp and that space can be put to use boosting attack.
Hmmm...the thing is, I can get the same population as 40 or more squares of houses with a single Inno, and get the FPs on top of that. That actually saves space that I can use for event buildings. As of now, I have Athlon Abbey maxed, Eagle Mountain, and will have Pirate's Hideout maxed in a few days.....still not enough population. At some point, I'm not sure what else to use the space for - 3 Winners Plaza, a couple of Botanica Rotundas, a half-dozen SoKs, Olympic treasury, Arc, CdM, CoA, Zeus, Galata, ToR, Obs, SoH......not sure where to go next, except maybe CF or Traz.

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

I had Babel for the goods for a while, but soon deleted it. I built Inno much for the reasons you stated, but never took it beyond level 3. Once I had enough special buildings (I had a Menagerie for a while) I deleted Inno tower as well. I never wanted to raise it for FPs, because of the hit on happy.

The Menagerie from the antiques dealer is a great pop building. They typically go for a reasonable price. A couple of those should let you replace most of your pop. RQ for goods, Traz for units, you can get rig of most of your pop now.

DevaCat

Geez, why wriggle around? I have never built Babel or Inno, and never regretted it. I went for CF and Alcatraz asap and eliminated the need for pop (among other benefits). That’s not to say I won’t build either one later on, but for me they are for now totally unnecessary. Give me a Cape for fps and rqs with CF any day.

RQ = recurring quest, and well worth doing

Cyrus the Adequate

Geez, why wriggle around? I have never built Babel or Inno, and never regretted it. I went for CF and Alcatraz asap and eliminated the need for pop (among other benefits). That’s not to say I won’t build either one later on, but for me they are for now totally unnecessary. Give me a Cape for fps and rqs with CF any day.

RQ = recurring quest, and well worth doing
Gotcha. I've got CF in one of my three worlds, but it's not yet leveled to the point of covering all the goods I need.

So, your point is to eliminate the need for pop rather than cover it with Inno. Good points to think about....