• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Inno, you need to fix this

DeletedUser27889

I know I cannot create a proposal because one has already been submitted but the lack of action on the issue needs to be addressed. Screen Shot 2017-06-22 at 10.34.03 AM.png

This is a portion of my guilds treasury. As you can see we have 12K for each AF good, and already almost 5K for OF. Yet in future were as low as 64 in one good and 8 in our CE.

The AF and later OF players need to spend Future era or below goods from the treasury to play in any other map than AA. In AA we have to donate medals.

These AF and OF players dedicated a good portion of their city to building goods buildings that provided treasury goods so they could play this game. They, and us as their guildmates worked hard leveling them at the expense of all the other things those thousands of FPs could have awarded us. We played the game by the rules set out for us and now are being punished for having listened.

Should AF/OF players just not play GvG anymore? I understand (or observe through the games actions) they are looking to phase out GvG. But currently it still exists and many of the most hardcore FoE fans are in AF/OF and enjoy playing it.

They are left with a choice to either set up their city to produce lower aged goods only at the detriment of their cities and games or to rely on lower aged players to pay their way eventhough AF/OF players planned accordingly when Obs, Arc and Atom were released to not burden the treasury. Or, just stop playing.

People have put too much time into their guilds, into these buildings, for them to have been made obsolete.

The PERFECT solution was already suggested here, voted on and approved by players but ignored.

A PLAYER NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL WHAT ERA GOODS, THEIR CURRENT ERA OR LOWER, THAT THEIR GUILD GOODS BUILDING PRODUCES!

I understand the devs don't read this forum but as a community I think if we want actual change to happen we need to make this a bigger deal to bring attention to it.

As more and more players advance into AF/OF this issue is becoming more and more of a game breaking problem. I am in a level 39 guild that prior to members advancing to AF had a cushion of about 5K of each good or every era. That was with our members being very active in GvG and opening the 3 levels of GE.

Now we struggle even opening all the levels of GE without member donations, our members have all but stopped playing GvG because we can't afford the goods. We have 51 guild goods buildings spread amongst 46 of us.

This also works as a deterrent for any player to lay these GBs down knowing they will be almost obsolete (can't play GvG because there's not enough goods, who cares about support pool?) And as a deterrent for their guild mates to help level them.

I think it's clear that AF/OF players are huge fans of this game, please don't push them away from it any longer.

Algona

A PLAYER NEEDS TO BE ABLE TO CONTROL WHAT ERA GOODS, THEIR CURRENT ERA OR LOWER, THAT THEIR GUILD GOODS BUILDING PRODUCES!

No, I'd say that Guilds need to manage their Treasury.

It seems INNO has found (intentionally? accidentally?) a way to force Guilds to pur effort into acquiring lower Era Goods either through manufacture and donation or acquiring a variety of Eras of players.

My first thought is this seems Good for the game.

DeletedUser16163

I agree with Stephen Longshanks. I have decided to camp out in the Future until some thing is done about Arctic Future and above. I have three Great Buildings that produce goods for the treasury. However, those goods would be totally wasted if I enter Arctic Future. I also can not afford to spend medals on the All Ages map since I still have at least 20 expansion slots I still need to purchase. My next expansion cost 200,000 medals. So you can see why I do not want to spend medals in GvG.
This is just my opinion; I already know I am wrong, but feel free to call me stupid. I know you enjoy it.

DeletedUser27889

This issue makes a good argument for just camping at the end of Future Era.
I agree. The founder I was speaking to just today mentioned how much he regretting leveling and if he knew then what he does now he never would have left future. I know that if something doesn't change I will never go above future.
In what way? Our players range from HMA-OF we don't discriminate based on era. The only way to manage our guild producing GBs better would be to start demanding our players remain or reach whatever age we want them to. We're not going to control our players like that and I don't think inno would even want us to tell players you have to stop playing the game for the guild.
It seems INNO has found (intentionally? accidentally?) a way to force Guilds to pur effort into acquiring lower Era Goods either through manufacture and donation or acquiring a variety of Eras of players.
This could very well be the case but all it does is hilight that these players were lied to when they put down these buildings to begin with. Every era prior to AF had an associated GvG map for the players to play in. They invested in these buildings to provide a means for themselvs to put goods directly into treasury and use them on the map and later GE. Their work in these buildings was done, then the game turns around and says 'lol just kidding' now you have to make goods to donate might as well have done nothing? That doesn't make sense.

Top that off with being told for a year that a purpose to these goods were coming and have it not show up.

Algona

In what way? Our players range from HMA-OF we don't discriminate based on era. The only way to manage our guild producing GBs better would be to start demanding our players remain or reach whatever age we want them to. We're not going to control our players like that and I don't think inno would even want us to tell players you have to stop playing the game for the guild.

Well, shucks, that is your Guilds's problem to solve, that's why the leaders get paid the big bucks. My Guild rather painfully and at considerable expense to yours truly and other Guild leaders successfully dealt with the problem. Shook up the Guild a bit, but that may not have been a bad thing.

What the hell, you're good people, Manda. I'll give away free advice worth every penny you'll pay for it.

Don't allow players to advance until they are profitably self supporting wrt Guild Treasury. Got a player who won't fulfill that? Boot 'em, your Guild will be better off w/o the deadwood. That goes for everyone. Leader, friend, GE participant or no, GvG or no. Everyone supports themselves. Got serious GvG expenses? Again, that's your Guild's problem to solve. That's why a damned good Treasury Officer backed up by a good Guild policy is critical.

DeletedUser27889

Don't allow players to advance until they are profitably self supporting wrt Guild Treasury. Got a player who won't fulfill that? Boot 'em, your Guild will be better off w/o the deadwood. That goes for everyone. Leader, friend, GE participant or no, GvG or no. Everyone supports themselves. Got serious GvG expenses? Again, that's your Guild's problem to solve. That's why a damned good Treasury Officer backed up by a good Guild policy is critical.
GE requires goods from current and previous eras. Do you ask your folks to not only have their GBs producing current era goods but then ask them to donate previous era goods to cover themselves?

How do your AF people have the ability to produce AF/FE goods AF troops for GE and FE troops for GvG?

I'm not trying to be nitpicky I just don't understand what you mean. My point is all of these buildings are producing more than enough goods to cover whatever costs we desire, they are producing the wrong era of goods.

I don't want you to think I don't appreciate your advice, I always do but I don't think it's the guilds right to tell players when they may or may not advance. If that were the case we wouldn't have a single player above future and our founder would have had to boot himself. With there being such a simple fix to this issue on innos part I don't think I would want to be in a guild that was that controlling over members games.

I think in a way I understand what you're saying. Our good buildings are enough to cover our GE costs 2-4. What I am saying is that AF/OF people cannot and should not be expected to put down previous eras good producing buildings just so they can play GvG. This is when they have already put down guild good gbs, already put down previous era military.

AF players can't play on AA that well anymore because they're VS OF. (Though I don't play there so I shouldn't speak about a map I know little about)

AF/OF players have put all this time and energy into leveling their guild GBs they should be able to have a place to play. Inno will not be expanding the GvG map so there for they should be able to chose what era their GB produces so they can play there.

Our best GvG players are AF/OF. AA costs medals so some have donated large amounts to fight there. When no AF map came out they played in FE, without their GBs producing FE goods our stockpile dwindled so they switched to CE, same problem, and now we just work down the line? When these players have 2-3 level 10 guilds goods buildings a piece sitting there wasting away?

DeletedUser26965

I disagree with much of what you're saying but think inno should have kept making maps for each new era. if they did you would still have the same issue to deal with when the top end of the guild advances to the next Age/Era they take the guild goods producing GB's with them, always been that way, the only difference from AF onward is the goods portion of those GB's are of lesser value now in one sense but in another players also don't have to worry about putting their own AF/OF stock into the treasury.

Algona

Let me make this perfectly clear, I am not...

Get out of my head, President Nixon... Heh. Dick Nixon. Before he dicks you.

Donlt get me wrong, I'm ambivalent on INNO screwing (some ambivalency, eh?)high Era players on the Treasury Goods. Yes, INNO can solve the problems by changing how Treas GBs work.

Unitl (IF!) they do. the problem is producing an interesting dynamic for your Guild and many others.

How do you pay for GvG? What can you do about GE costs? What other hidden effects are there?

Your Guild will have to make tough decisions and this is one of them.

I don't think it's the guilds right to tell players when they may or may not advance.

That's exactly what my Guild did do. It's a no-warnings. bootable offense to progress past ProgE unless the player has the Goods GBs to pay their own way in GE. I t hurt, there was plenty argument, RAH's law of TANSTAAFL won. I dipped into my own pocket for a few thousan FPs to help guildies acquire and level Obs. Others in my Guild did the same. Those that couldn't be bothered to cooperate and get Obs (or Arc or even atomium) were booted.

I have no regrets about that, folk who ca';t donate a 3x3 space to the Guild ain;t worth supporting.

Paying for GvG?

Sorry, you are on your own. My Guild figured it out, the longer it takes others, the longer we have that advantage. One more hint in addition to the last line of my last post: non fighters have to farm.

qaccy

First off, I'll point out that the Arc would still be dominating the (GB side of the) game even if it only provided the single bonus of GB contribution boosts. That's not the reason why people build and level that one in particular, and it's certainly not at all useless nor obsolete to an AF/OF player (or anyone, really). Secondly, it's my opinion personally that you're looking at the problem backwards. Treasury GBs made it too 'easy' to play in GvG by rendering 'normal' production completely obsolete. Producing goods normally is a competing interest with using them on tech, negotiations, even GE negotiations now, in addition to GvG. With treasury GBs, it's completely free (and far better output) in the long run to just keep collecting from those in what's relatively a very small footprint. My level 6 Atomium produces 60 goods per day in a 6x7 space with no need for unrefined goods or population. Better still, my level 7 Observatory produces 35 goods per day in a 3x3 space and, obtaining BPs aside, is relatively free to build and much cheaper to level than an Atomium. Normal goods buildings can't compete with that at all.

My point here is, because of treasury GBs, as long as they're able to produce goods for GvG ages there's zero point whatsoever to produce goods 'normally' for GvG use. They're simply drops in the bucket compared to the efficiency these things provide. And of course, if you were to remove all treasury goods that have been gained by a guild's cumulative Arc collections (because as I pointed out, people would be building this GB even without the treasury aspect), and narrowed it down to just what's being obtained from Atomium and Observatory collections, I believe the amounts would be about on par with treading water compared to weekly GE costs, probably with a slight gain (most people do not level these two GBs very high, even if they're in FE or below where the goods are allegedly more useful).

TL;DR Inno has already 'fixed the problem' by mostly removing the treasury GBs (mainly overinflated Arc levels), which made it too easy/brainless, from the equation when it comes to GvG.

DeletedUser26965

I just had to reread this again. Mandana, some of what you're saying is confusing me. I mean you seem to be expressing these issues in an odd way. Just because Inno changed their GvG model from one map per era that uses goods to pay for to a single map that uses medals is not the cause of your guilds lack of FE goods. Say for instance they kept the same exact model and when AF opened they made an AF map instead that required AF goods to play in. Your top members would advance and you would still be in the same FE situation, nothing would have changed in that regard see? But this applies to all Age/Era's. If your guild members with guild goods GB's are all in IA then advance to EMA then you'll begin to have a shortfall of IA goods, then again when they move to HMA then EMA guild goods lose the income from those GB's. So I'm not exactly sure how you think this is tied to the GvG model change.

This is just too simple really. If your guild needs goods for any given Age/Era then make them, buy them, help members in those Age/Era's get the 3GB's, help them level them, recruit members/farmers in those Age/Eras, get a goods merchant in your guild. This has nothing to do with the GvG model change.

And I want to reiterate something of value that has come from this change. Members don't have to donate AF/OF goods to the treasury because they are overflowing with a bounty of goods! How great is that! Now you can afford to get that damn Promethium.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26154

I still have at least 20 expansion slots I still need to purchase. My next expansion cost 200,000 medals.

According to Wiki, only four more from where you are at now.

347fbbb07593b76b13617e07cd329fa8.png

I'm one behind you, at the 160,000 medal mark.

DeletedUser26120

A bit off topic but I used adblock plus for years, until recently.

I was troubleshooting what was causing Linux Mint to freeze up randomly so I started using chrome with no adblock and I couldn't believe how much faster and more responsive it was. Memory usage dropped a lot as well, the difference was almost day and night.

Would highly recommend you not use adblockers - they are too bloated these days and on top of that many sites can detect them now, and use other methods to block you from reading content. (most are easy to bypass with inspect element though) But I disgress.

On-topic, is that list accurate? It says 63,000 for expansion but that's where I am right now and it's actually 65,000 not 63.

Official wiki says 63,000 as well but here:

A1ULnrU.jpg

Tsk tsk, means official wiki legit just copied all info from wikia, including the errors. Tsk tsk.

DeletedUser

On-topic, is that list accurate? It says 63,000 for expansion but that's where I am right now and it's actually 65,000 not 63.
The column that says "63,000/600" is the coin/Diamond cost to pay for expansions unlocked in the Tech Tree or won on the Continent Map.

DeletedUser26120

That can't be right, my last expansion cost well over a million to lay down.

DeletedUser27889

Sorry, you are on your own. My Guild figured it out, the longer it takes others, the longer we have that advantage. One more hint in addition to the last line of my last post: non fighters have to farm.
Well, to each their own and I do appreciate your tips. With everyone staying behind don't you find it more difficult leveling? With the points af/of/fe players score for GE alone?
Just because Inno changed their GvG model from one map per era that uses goods to pay for to a single map that uses medals is not the cause of your guilds lack of FE goods.
What I mean is for every previous era the members that advanced (and whose guild GBs advanced with them) had a new area to play in (using those goods) When AF came out AF players were left with a choice to play in FE or pay their medals to play in AA.

Our guild members did not spend thousands of FPs leveling buildings that put medals into the treasury, one does not exist. Our AF/OF players put a lot of time and space into making buildings to pay their way through GvG, the game then made those buildings obsolete.

The reason the issue exists is because the AF/OF players, having no field of their own, played in future, which would have been fine had their buildings still been producing future era goods.

AF players now have even less of a choice with OF troops being in AA. They think they are killing GvG but what they are killing is any GvG player advancing from future into AF now that they know their goods will be worthless.