• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] interesting situation - can a later era building be used?

• Thread starter DeletedUser26120
  • Start date

DeletedUser26120

I am in Contemporary Era and needed an extra expansion, so I pushed ahead to the first one in TE map.

Now I am getting Tomorrow Era side quests. One is to gather goods and m/p so I can complete it - the reward is a Surveillance Nexus, cultural building.

My current storyline quest is asking me to build 1 cultural building from my age or 2 from the previous. That's why I hadn't done it yet - needed 800k+ supplies to build 2 from PME.

So now my question is, once I get this TE building, can I use it to complete my storyline quest? Would it count as one from my age since it is later era? lol

Lancer

So now my question is, once I get this TE building, can I use it to complete my storyline quest? Would it count as one from my age since it is later era? lol

If I had to guess, I would bet that would still work. If it wouldn't though, it would be a good point to make a proposal for. I would think that it would be accepted because if you ever had to say conquer 3 sectors of a region by fighting only, but in that region you only have two remaining sectors left to overcome before you have them all. Once you would get those two and have that province it will count as doing the required 3.

Lancer

Even though your CE you say you pushed through to TE map and TE quests. So I believe that TE building would work

Lancer

Title was on-point. Very interesting! When you figure out exactly what the outcome is, if you proceed, please post your results.

DeletedUser13838

I am in Contemporary Era and needed an extra expansion, so I pushed ahead to the first one in TE map.

Now I am getting Tomorrow Era side quests. One is to gather goods and m/p so I can complete it - the reward is a Surveillance Nexus, cultural building.

My current storyline quest is asking me to build 1 cultural building from my age or 2 from the previous. That's why I hadn't done it yet - needed 800k+ supplies to build 2 from PME.

Don't you have a bunch of buildings in your inventory from GE that you could use? Regarding the question I think story line quests ask for buildings/units from your map age but don't remember for sure.

DeletedUser31882

Same here. I think current era means the current era of your TH.

I'm fourth-ing this thought train.

My guess is the code/tags will be specific, similar to all the 'or' quests that track X for Current age(LMA) or X x2 for Previous age tasks(HMA), rather than the more loose tasks of X productions from any production building.

Analyze the wording, screenshot it so you have evidence and then what Lancer said. If you get burned, at least you can make a case to support about it!

DeletedUser31592

You can't donate goods above your era to satisfy the quest that specifies it needs to be from your age or the previous age, so I'm guessing the building won't work, either.

DeletedUser26532

Tried this exact thing some months back. Doesn't work.

Seems a bit silly but there you have it.