• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Interface Ideas: Keep players longer if game easier to navigate!

DeletedUser34366

Obviously, the onslaught of commercials on television about this game mean that something is not as good as Inno wants. Well, wouldn't it be also smart to not just entice "new players" but to make an effort to "keep" players? Here's some things that may help.

1. Grey out the "Tavern" option when not available. You already do this for "aid", but not for "Visit Tavern". Inconsistency of interface is very confusing to those trying to learn the game.

2. Add a section to the market, where we can post what we want to get and people can offer what they would give for it. For example, if I need copper, let me ask for 100 copper, and then people can offer what they would give. In these trades, the one listing what they need would be teh one paying the FP for the trade.

3. Allow sorting by player under "social interactions" in the townhall. It would make it MUCH easier to realize who has not been helpful and no longer needs to stay on the friends list.

Just the first three that came to mind when I finally figured out how to get to these forums and use them. I have spent over 20 years getting paid to improve user interface, and sorry folks, but this place is ... in transition towards becoming what it can be.

DeletedUser8428

Obviously, the onslaught of commercials on television about this game mean that something is not as good as Inno wants. Well, wouldn't it be also smart to not just entice "new players" but to make an effort to "keep" players? Here's some things that may help.

1. Grey out the "Tavern" option when not available. You already do this for "aid", but not for "Visit Tavern". Inconsistency of interface is very confusing to those trying to learn the game.

2. Add a section to the market, where we can post what we want to get and people can offer what they would give for it. For example, if I need copper, let me ask for 100 copper, and then people can offer what they would give. In these trades, the one listing what they need would be teh one paying the FP for the trade.

3. Allow sorting by player under "social interactions" in the townhall. It would make it MUCH easier to realize who has not been helpful and no longer needs to stay on the friends list.

Just the first three that came to mind when I finally figured out how to get to these forums and use them. I have spent over 20 years getting paid to improve user interface, and sorry folks, but this place is ... in transition towards becoming what it can be.

I believe that your thinking is faulty if you're making assumptions on corporate viability on the basis of whether or not the company has expanded the use of commercials. 2nd, since you're experienced , you ought to make use at least two of the posts at the top of these threads - both indicate - "read before posting"

There is a lot of good information in those posts about how to post in a standardized format which makes is easier for fellow players to evaluate your suggestions against others, about what kinds of suggestions Inno has already indicated they do not want to hear about and ... in the 'Submitted' and 'Closed Archive', you'll see tons of suggestions already submitted to Inno or rejected by the players who frequent fhe forum.

DeletedUser34366

Thanks for your support. I don't really care about who gets the credit. Good ideas move forward no matter what.

As a severly-disabled veteran I know what fights are worthless, and what people are not worth fighting. Good-bye.

Graviton

It's not a worthless fight, it's just that if you want a proposal to go anywhere it has to be in a specified format. Don't give up after the first setback.

DeletedUser8428

Thanks for your support. I don't really care about who gets the credit. Good ideas move forward no matter what.

As a severly-disabled veteran I know what fights are worthless, and what people are not worth fighting. Good-bye.

I'm sorry you take offense. The information I offered was to better prepare you to present an idea that wouldn't get torn down here in the forum on the basis of format, or because it had already been submitted - if you don't want that information so be it.

DeletedUser

This won't work because the Aid function does not work like the Tavern sitting function. The Aid function is available to you every 24 hours whether there is something to motivate/polish or not. If there is nothing to motivate/polish, pushing the Aid button still uses up your Aid for that day. The Tavern sitting function is available to you every 24 hours only if the Tavern has an empty seat available. If there are no seats currently empty, pushing the Visit Tavern button will take you to the Tavern, but it will not use up your sitting opportunity for that day.
If I need Copper, the other person could not "offer what they would give", because they would be giving Copper. They would have to respond with what they need for the Copper...and then you would let them know if you have it or not...and then... I'm sure you can see that this would not be an easier interface that the current market system.
If you aid from your Town Hall Event History, and then go through your friend/neighbor/guild lists at the bottom, any player showing that they had not been aided from the Event History would have not aided you in at least 5 days. (PC)

ODragon

This won't work because the Aid function does not work like the Tavern sitting function. The Aid function is available to you every 24 hours whether there is something to motivate/polish or not. If there is nothing to motivate/polish, pushing the Aid button still uses up your Aid for that day. The Tavern sitting function is available to you every 24 hours only if the Tavern has an empty seat available. If there are no seats currently empty, pushing the Visit Tavern button will take you to the Tavern, but it will not use up your sitting opportunity for that day.

I think that's his point. Who cares about seeing a tavern? One only cares about sitting in it.

DeletedUser32389

I think that's his point. Who cares about seeing a tavern? One only cares about sitting in it.
Which begs the question: why show the tavern and the chair animation? I don't have to teleport to other people city when I hit Aid...

ODragon

Which begs the question: why show the tavern and the chair animation? I don't have to teleport to other people city when I hit Aid...
Some people want to see their tavern to weed out all without the right tablecloth. I get that but I also think one can do that while sitting. I'm all for suppressing the tavern popup.

DeletedUser6892

This is not in proper format and you are bringing up too many issues in one proposal. If these were separated into three different proposals I would support you on the first one involving taverns. I don't see any difference between greyed out aid icons and greyed out tavern icons. Tavern icons could be greyed out if there are no seats and it's been less than 24 hours since your last visit. This would be a huge improvement imo and one I'd go to bat for.

Your other two proposals are weaker. I think the market as it is now is very strong and your third proposal is too vague. What do you mean by who has been "useful?" This is so highly dependant on the player. For example- I'd rather have friends who trade than sit in my tavern. I'd also like friends that are close in era to me so I could get a useful good from my dynamic tower when I aid. Others want people to aid daily or check taverns for seats multiple times a day. The system as it is now works fine imo.

DeletedUser26532

If you aid from your Town Hall Event History, and then go through your friend/neighbor/guild lists at the bottom, any player showing that they had not been aided from the Event History would have not aided you in at least 5 days. (PC)

I'm going to slightly disagree with Stephen on this one. I think the third proposal is the only one with merit. Sometimes its nice to see how many times in the last 5 days someone has aided. If its three in a row, then missed the last two you can keep an eye on that player to see if they've stopped playing or its an anomoly. Or if they aid 4 of 5 days and miss one ever few then that's ok, vs. someone who aids 2 of 5 and happens to have aided 6 hours ago.

Being able to sort alphabetically by player rather than having to type into search each player on your friend list would be a nice time-saver.

DeletedUser34366

The original response was so strongly geared toward the errors, and with absolutely no support for what may have been good. If anyone sees any good in the original, please take it forward. I do quit. Real life has been so bad, that I am both emotionally and physically crippled and unable to work. An "emotionally disturbed disabled veteran" as some would put it. Fortunately, I've found a quality guild. This is my 2nd and last post. I have fought my way past obstacles long enough ... and suffer for it too much.

DeletedUser31440

The original response was so strongly geared toward the errors, and with absolutely no support for what may have been good. If anyone sees any good in the original, please take it forward. I do quit. Real life has been so bad, that I am both emotionally and physically crippled and unable to work. An "emotionally disturbed disabled veteran" as some would put it. Fortunately, I've found a quality guild. This is my 2nd and last post. I have fought my way past obstacles long enough ... and suffer for it too much.

If that's your attitude then goodbye.