• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is Babel a Waste of Space?

• Thread starter DeletedUser15633
  • Start date

DeletedUser31918

Anything that gives you an advantage will be ignored...you know this right?

DeletedUser30312

I concur. ND is a total waste of space, and IMO so is Hagia. Which builds do yoi feel you would put at or near the bottom of any "lists?"

The bad GBs that are never or at best seldom good in any city:

Colosseum
Notre Dame
Capitol
Space Needle
Lotus Temple

Limited use for specific strategies:

Deal Castle
Voyager V1
Gaea Statue
Atlantis Museum

Luxuries:

Hagia Sophia
Saint Basil's Cathedral
Habitat
Rain Forest Project
Seed Vault

Oracle of Delphi possibly belongs near the bottom, it's basically a smaller ND, but it's only 3x3, the happiness isn't too bad, and some people like it for the aesthetics. Once the dust settles over the whole recent exploit problems, and people start using it more, we'll get a better picture of how it performs, but I doubt it will ever rank among the best.

DeletedUser29404

The bad GBs that are never or at best seldom good in any city:

Colosseum
Notre Dame
Capitol
Space Needle
Lotus Temple

Limited use for specific strategies:

Deal Castle
Voyager V1
Gaea Statue
Atlantis Museum

Luxuries:

Hagia Sophia
Saint Basil's Cathedral
Habitat
Rain Forest Project
Seed Vault

Oracle of Delphi possibly belongs near the bottom, it's basically a smaller ND, but it's only 3x3, the happiness isn't too bad, and some people like it for the aesthetics. Once the dust settles over the whole recent exploit problems, and people start using it more, we'll get a better picture of how it performs, but I doubt it will ever rank among the best.
I dont find eithet Deal or Basils, to be "luxuries", rather "necessities" for solid City Defense. That 2 Level 10 Builds add 60% (more when leveled higher) is fairly tough to meet with just Rituals/Watchfires.

DeletedUser32137

I dont find eithet Deal or Basils, to be "luxuries", rather "necessities" for solid City Defense. That 2 Level 10 Builds add 60% (more when leveled higher) is fairly tough to meet with just Rituals/Watchfires.
I disagree on Capitol. The population boost it gives saves a lot of housing space. Of course it may depend on the Age you're in and/or what special event bldgs you have. While I do agree on Colloseum & TOB in general (I had both then eventually tore them down) they can help a new person get started. Personally I'd caution against any generalities. Everyone has different priorites & should plan accordingly

ODragon

I disagree on Capitol. The population boost it gives saves a lot of housing space. Of course it may depend on the Age you're in and/or what special event bldgs you have. While I do agree on Colloseum & TOB in general (I had both then eventually tore them down) they can help a new person get started. Personally I'd caution against any generalities. Everyone has different priorites & should plan accordingly
Skip the Capitol and work towards the InnoTower. IMHO, it is the best of the 3 major housing GBs.

Last edited:

DeletedUser32137

Ship the Capitol and work towards the InnoTower. IMHO, it is the best of the 3 major housing GBs.
Like I said it depends on your Age. I'm a long way from getting
Ship the Capitol and work towards the InnoTower. IMHO, it is the best of the 3 major housing GBs.
Like I said, it depends on one's Age & resources. I'm a long way from getting BPs for Inno much less the Goods

Volodya

I've debated deleting my Deal since the medals no longer matter to me, but I haven't done it yet. Its "Fierce Defense" boost does something that no other building great or otherwise can do: increase the attack of your defending units. That's very worthwhile.