• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is City Defense at all possible?

Mustapha00

I said exactly what I meant, no interpretation, translation, nor extrapolation necessary. Sorry you still don't get it.

You and I will never agree of this, so, in the spirit of the Holidays, I'll let it go.

Until, of course, the next time the issue is raised.

Super Catanian

I have never seen this in over 5 1/2 years of playing. Terrain has never made it impossible for units to move. For either my units or the enemy units. Please attach a screen shot of this extraordinary phenomenon.
I know I'm late to this, but I've personally experienced two occasions did the terrain mess with Units regarding their movement.

One was when a Rogue of mine was attacked and transformed into a Champion while standing on some rocks. As we all know, those horseback Units cannot stand on them; thankfully I was able to move it out since there was clear terrain around, but if that Champion had been surrounded entirely by rocks, who knows what would've happened.

The second time was during a battle with my PE Units and the enemy's Indy Units (can't remember if it was on the C-Map or PvP, but probably the former). Basically, a massive trench (well, it was more than one, but you get the idea) split the field in two parts. Trenches, just like the rocks, don't allow horseback Units to walk over them, and the AI made those enemy Lancers stay put throughout the entire battle. Literal sitting ducks for my Artillery.

Tharkunn

I've been attacked by armies with 500-600 attack boost (my city defense is 143 with 49 attack) and I wonder if it's actually possible to build a city defense capable to repelling those. Looking for city defense boosts, I find very few ... Castel del Monte, special evetn buildings, etc. and I'm beginning to suspect that it's impossible to build a successful city defense, to encourage attacks. I've ceased building a city defense army and let the 2 spear throwers have their day. If my thinking is incorrect, I'd like to know.
City defense is a fool's errand. Even if you have twice the att/defense as an attacking army anyone controlling the army manually not just hitting auto will beat you. The AI running city defense just is not very good.
Plus you will spend more resources building deal then will ever get plundered, not to mention the space all your defensive items will take up.
Just work on your attacking armies att/def and if someone attacks you attack them back. I actually typically give people 3 freebies, before I retaliate. After 3rd attack I attack back as long as I have the free time. Especially if they have plundered. Most people quit once I have plundered them a couple of times.

Sharmon the Impaler

When you get up in the eras you will not worry about it. My current hood attacks but doesn’t plunder , we all are in the 2500+ attack and about 400 defense so plundering would not be good lol. Attacking ? Who cares.