• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is City Defense at all possible?

What Mustapha00 said.

When a Daily Challenge tells me to win x amount of fights or defeat x amount of units, I head to 1) Guild Expedition or to 2) my continent map -- or to 3) a quest that's given to me at the same time -- and get it done that way. I don't have to attack my neighbors unless I want to. (And I don't. But that's just me.)

MarktheMagnificent

I have learned that the dailies force you to attack people in your neighborhood. But it takes a special kind of creep to plunder and steal from the people around them. Being attacked and attacking is part of the game, but it doesn't leave a good feel to the game. It leaves me disturbed. When someone plunders my goods, I am done with them.

The needs of the one (me, the plunderer) outweigh the needs of the many (my victims).

ahsay

Advanced ages can not attack a much earlier age, unless they advanced during the current hood selection.
Simply not true. I've attacked many times with both advanced and lower aged troops...mostly lower. Been hit on the very first day too, by advance aged troops.

So all those players who've complained about getting hit with advanced age troops are being hit by troops created during the "selection" process. That must be one hell of a long "selection" process.

But I'll go ask CS.

ahsay

As someone with near 600% attack boost, I have broken through 1000%+ defense. It is not worth it to build up defense super high, it will just take up valuable space in your city.
Yes, towers, flames are all useless but if they take up valuable space then you're doing it wrong. They should only be place as "space fillers" in all nooks and around irregular buildings.

If you need the space then dump them. You'll always get more.

Emberguard

Yes, towers, flames are all useless but if they take up valuable space then you're doing it wrong.
This is why I like having defending army boosts included in main event buildings. Because then you can start to build up a city defense without sacrificing a lot of space in the city, then decide whether or not if it's worth taking it further with those other buildings like towers, ritual flames, st basil etc.

Agent327

Simply not true. I've attacked many times with both advanced and lower aged troops...mostly lower. Been hit on the very first day too, by advance aged troops.

So all those players who've complained about getting hit with advanced age troops are being hit by troops created during the "selection" process. That must be one hell of a long "selection" process.

But I'll go ask CS.

I am not talking about troops. I am talking about ages.

Agent327

Call me dense...I'm not sure what the difference is?

I'm not sure how one age "attacks" another age except with troops?

I responded to someone stating " that an advanced age can attack a much earlier age". That is just not the case. Players are put in a hood based on the same age they are in. So at the start of he hood there is no difference in age. That can change if someone moves up during the 14 days you are in a hood, but it will not lead to players attacking "much earlier" ages. Troops have nothing to do with it. Sure you can have troops from later ages, but that is not what this was about.

ahsay

Then you misused the word "attack". You're saying two players of a different age cannot be in the same hood.

I'm 99% that's not true either but I will pay closer attention to that now. I do remember two of us, both PME, were lamenting how half the neighborhood was CE players, that's a lot to have advanced during the "selection process". But I guess I'll have to see if I'm in a hood with players an age below me.

Last edited:

Agent327

Then you misused the word "attack". You're saying a two players of a different age cannot be in the same hood.

I'm 99% that's not true either but I will pay closer attention to that now. I do remember two of us, both PME, were lamenting how half the neighborhood was CE players, that's a lot to have advanced during the "selection process". But I guess I'll have to see if I'm in a hood with players an age below me.

Again, I responded to someone. I used his words so he would understand it.

If you are in PME and half the neighbourhood is CE, it means their were not enough CE players for the last hood, so it had to be filled with PME players.

ahsay

Again, I responded to someone. I used his words so he would understand it.

If you are in PME and half the neighbourhood is CE, it means their were not enough CE players for the last hood, so it had to be filled with PME players.
OK...we are officialy in the twilight zone. Hit the music cue Rod Serling.
Advanced ages can not attack a much earlier age, unless they advanced during the current hood selection.
Original quote. It's time for me to retire. I need a snickers...anybody else want one.

DeletedUser

The most you can be attacked in advance is 1 level up if they move up while your neighbor. Make your collection on time and it won't be a problem. I heard there is a new GB coming out that when maxed out greatly reduces the chance of plundering. Bad move Inno , your loyal base that supported you over the years has spent millions on supporting your developers building up their attack so they can plunder easier. This is a slap in the face to your bottom line.

Mustapha00

The most you can be attacked in advance is 1 level up if they move up while your neighbor. Make your collection on time and it won't be a problem. I heard there is a new GB coming out that when maxed out greatly reduces the chance of plundering. Bad move Inno , your loyal base that supported you over the years has spent millions on supporting your developers building up their attack so they can plunder easier. This is a slap in the face to your bottom line.

Or perhaps Good Move Inno because making Plundering challenging instead of almost automatic might being back players who left the game because, in their opinion, it was "broken" or who had heard that it was.

DeletedUser

Or perhaps Good Move Inno because making Plundering challenging instead of almost automatic might being back players who left the game because, in their opinion, it was "broken" or who had heard that it was.

The way games work is someone pays for them and they get better. That decade of profit that Inno made was all paid by players like me. You would have no city defense to worry about because there would be no game. How about you just collect on time ?

Last edited by a moderator:

ReserveBum

I responded to someone stating " that an advanced age can attack a much earlier age". That is just not the case.
From a newbie this is my gripe: The plunderers are in the same age (LMA) but.....they have a level 9 Arc, levelled CoA and C DelMonte, level 5 Himeji, about 20 military buildings, and no goods buildings. How do you even do that? I cant do anything with that. Cant fight back, can only try and time my goods retrieval or spend big silver on defensive shield. Same Age but a whole different level that is not competitive.

DeletedUser

From a newbie this is my gripe: The plunderers are in the same age (LMA) but.....they have a level 9 Arc, levelled CoA and C DelMonte, level 5 Himeji, about 20 military buildings, and no goods buildings. How do you even do that? I cant do anything with that. Cant fight back, can only try and time my goods retrieval or spend big silver on defensive shield. Same Age but a whole different level that is not competitive.

Your only defense is to collect on time until you get built up. If there was no attacking in the game it would fold within 1 year or 2 and have no existent up dates or improvements because there would be nobody paying for it anymore. Happiness doesn't pay the rent.

The Lady Redneck

Then you are best to do as they have done and not age up any further until you have also obtained the GBs you mention and have leveled them up at least as high. You need to take your time with this game and not rush anything. You should never age up until you are top in your hood and have the resources behind you to enable you to be in a strong position at the start of your new age.