• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is FOE going to fix gaming problem???

The Lady Redneck

I have a windows 10 laptop and Firefox. Do not have that much trouble with the game. I did go through a bad patch with a lot of lag and getting booted which made the game virtually unplayable. Eventually decided to ask my IP to run a test on the router. Guy on their end looked up my account to see what I had and said he would not even bother as it was outdated and apologized for not having replaced it before now. Sent out a new one which I set up. And what a difference!! OK I still get the odd Lag in GvG. Also get booted from the game occasionally in GvG with a message from Firefox saying FoE server not responding. with the new router But overall the improvement with the new router are really great.

So do not be to quick to lay all the problems with the game at INNOs door. Plus given the type of game it is nothing will ever work at the superfast speeds of other types of games. FoE is FoE Not Assassins Creed (love that game)

Last edited:

stooge52

I have a windows 10 laptop and Firefox. Do not have that much trouble with the game. I did go through a bad patch with a lot of lag and getting booted which made the game virtually unplayable. Eventually decided to ask my IP to run a test on the router. Guy on their end looked up my account to see what I had and said he would not even bother as it was outdated and apologized for not having replaced it before now. Sent out a new one which I set up. And what a difference!! OK I still get the odd Lag in GvG. Also get booted from the game occasionally in GvG with a message from Firefox saying FoE server not responding. with the new router But overall the improvement with the new router are really great.

So do not be to quick to lay all the problems with the game at INNOs door. Plus given the type of game it is nothing will ever work at the superfast speeds of other types of games. FoE is FoE Not Assassins Creed (love that game)

UP ONLINE

stop using apps or Software to run the game
use your WEB Browser it works great

Last edited:

stooge52

No apps running only FOE. I didn't have the problem until a couple of updates ago. I'm not the only one with this problem. Of all the on-line games I play FOE is the ONLY one I have the problem with. Maybe cause I don't by diamonds.:D

stooge52

Now, yesterdays update cause me to have to restart the game 4 time before the mouse arrow showed up. I have talked to a lot of people who play FOE that are having the same problem. So, this has nothing to do with members setup,computers or connection. My thought is in the game itself or maybe the HTML5.
Thanks for all your help.

Dominator - X

I have read many threads about slow gaming on FOE. I have tried everything there is to fix the problem at my end. I have yet to see a fix for the game from FOE and it is the only online game that does it. I'm I missing something?????
Are you referring to lag? Try different browsers. Make sure they are all updated. If that does not work, it is INNO. They have been known to slow things down in GBG to punish all players due to the cheaters. That is how they roll.

Dominator - X

Or maybe just Hanlon's razor...
Or, in line with other means that INNO uses, such as limiting the number of RQ's, slowing down (lagging) the speed of RQ's and adjusting the size of the Battle Results box, they use lag to punish many who are highly active, due to the actions of the cheaters. In my experience, it only happens at various times when fighting in GBG and only to select people at intermittent times. When I experience it, I have done everything they suggest, to no avail. I quit even trying to resolve it, a long time ago. Yet, it miraculously vanishes, on its own, with no assistance from me. Making no changes, it comes and goes on its own. And... suspiciously, it never starts nor ends while in progress of a GBG rotation. It always starts from the beginning and lasts the duration of. IE, each rotation is either lag free or lag full. It never gets progressively worse nor progressively better. It is consistent from start to finish of each rotation.

I do believe some have issues with lag, due to settings, software, hardware, etc., which can be resolved locally. This is not the case for the great majority who have suffered through it as it ebbs and flows at will and at random times for various amounts of time. Doing nothing, it does eventually correct. For a time, we were trading off between lag and the shrinking of the Battle Results box. Several days of off and on lag. Then, all of a sudden, the lag goes away, only to be replaced by the smaller Battle Results box. Coincidence? If that is what you want to believe, fine. I just do no believe that. Checking speed, refreshing browsers, resetting computers, routers and modems, emptying caches, changing from Wi-Fi to hardwired, and even swapping browsers and or computers, cables and the like does nothing to resolve it. That is what I am referring to. It is real for a great number of people, which lead some to conclude INNO is using it, just like other means, which I mentioned, as a wide net to punish, even those of us who do not cheat.

Furthermore, some conclude it is just because the vast amount of players fighting at the same time, especially at the start of each season. Seems logical to me. However, strange as it may seem, I have never experienced lag at the launch of a new season. I did get booted a few times and had to refresh my browser to get back in. Many others have mentioned the same thing. Still, lag has never been an issue at the launch. Even when I come back from being booted out. I would think if it were server overload, there would be more crashes and widespread lag. I have also never noticed maps struggling to get filled in a 1000 LP DL guild on day 1, which would be expected if server lag were the issue. Again, I am not saying others have not experienced lag at the onset of a season. I am only referring to my experience. And I have never ever experienced it. Though, seemingly, I should.

You are entitled to believe and cling to whatever philosophical Razor you choose to. And, for the record, I do give many the benefit of the doubt, as it were. However, INNO's history paints a bit of a different story which leads me to at least wonder if they might be purposely using lag (and other means) as a tactic or at least not fixing it, for the same reason. Again, history... track record... lead me to that conclusion. Not: "I do not like this, therefore it must be ...".

RazorbackPirate

Not: "I do not like this, therefore it must be ...".
Yet your complaint sounds very much like that. Especially when you attribute deliberate motivation behind the bug.

A bug that appears to be very intermittent in nature, for no apparent reason. No wonder it's taking so long to fix. Given what you describe, I wonder if they even have an accurate diagnosis on the issue.

But sure, let's go with your conclusion. Inno is deliberately screwing with it's user base because of cheaters. I'm dumber for just writing that.

Ebeondi Asi

I have to say I have never seen so many conspiracy theory sort of beliefs as their are about Forge Of Empires.
There are dozens of different beliefs about Foe and different stuff happening.
I just had to say I find it all rather odd and slightly funny-sad.
That some stuff might be happening may be true. That it is deliberate? I doubt it.

Last edited:

Johnny B. Goode

Or, in line with other means that INNO uses, such as limiting the number of RQ's, slowing down (lagging) the speed of RQ's and adjusting the size of the Battle Results box, they use lag to punish many who are highly active, due to the actions of the cheaters. In my experience, it only happens at various times when fighting in GBG and only to select people at intermittent times. When I experience it, I have done everything they suggest, to no avail. I quit even trying to resolve it, a long time ago. Yet, it miraculously vanishes, on its own, with no assistance from me. Making no changes, it comes and goes on its own. And... suspiciously, it never starts nor ends while in progress of a GBG rotation. It always starts from the beginning and lasts the duration of. IE, each rotation is either lag free or lag full. It never gets progressively worse nor progressively better. It is consistent from start to finish of each rotation.

I do believe some have issues with lag, due to settings, software, hardware, etc., which can be resolved locally. This is not the case for the great majority who have suffered through it as it ebbs and flows at will and at random times for various amounts of time. Doing nothing, it does eventually correct. For a time, we were trading off between lag and the shrinking of the Battle Results box. Several days of off and on lag. Then, all of a sudden, the lag goes away, only to be replaced by the smaller Battle Results box. Coincidence? If that is what you want to believe, fine. I just do no believe that. Checking speed, refreshing browsers, resetting computers, routers and modems, emptying caches, changing from Wi-Fi to hardwired, and even swapping browsers and or computers, cables and the like does nothing to resolve it. That is what I am referring to. It is real for a great number of people, which lead some to conclude INNO is using it, just like other means, which I mentioned, as a wide net to punish, even those of us who do not cheat.

Furthermore, some conclude it is just because the vast amount of players fighting at the same time, especially at the start of each season. Seems logical to me. However, strange as it may seem, I have never experienced lag at the launch of a new season. I did get booted a few times and had to refresh my browser to get back in. Many others have mentioned the same thing. Still, lag has never been an issue at the launch. Even when I come back from being booted out. I would think if it were server overload, there would be more crashes and widespread lag. I have also never noticed maps struggling to get filled in a 1000 LP DL guild on day 1, which would be expected if server lag were the issue. Again, I am not saying others have not experienced lag at the onset of a season. I am only referring to my experience. And I have never ever experienced it. Though, seemingly, I should.

You are entitled to believe and cling to whatever philosophical Razor you choose to. And, for the record, I do give many the benefit of the doubt, as it were. However, INNO's history paints a bit of a different story which leads me to at least wonder if they might be purposely using lag (and other means) as a tactic or at least not fixing it, for the same reason. Again, history... track record... lead me to that conclusion. Not: "I do not like this, therefore it must be ...".
IF Inno were deliberately slowing down GBG, don't you think that all the top guilds would be here in droves screaming for justice? The mere fact that the complaints about lag in GBG are few and far between serves as proof that it is at the very least unintentional. Why are so many players who are heavily into a certain game mechanic (GBG, GvG, heavy RQing, etc.) always so certain that "cheaters" are a huge problem that Inno is constantly trying to solve, to the detriment of themselves, the "honest" players? It's bordering on the ridiculous at this point. So you get intermittent lag. So what. Who doesn't? Get over it. It's not like someone's actually screwing with your real life. IT'S A COMPUTER GAME! If it's too stressful for you, find another one. Good luck finding any part of the Internet (or the real world, for that matter) without cheaters to blame problems on. Sheesh.

stooge52

THANK YOU Dominator-X for your reply. Right now the only thing that's seems to halfway work is ubuntu with chromium and running a cleaner in the background. I'm going to hang in there but, I have lost a lot friends to this issue and maybe more. the cheating is a whole different issue. Thanks again.