Is GvG Going Soon To Be A Thing Of The Past??

mcribar

I have been asking myself this question recently. With the introduction of the Expedition and now the Expedition tournaments, is GvG soon to be a thing of the past? All that's left for INNO to do is work prestige in to the Expedition and then let time take care of the migration.

The fact is more and more players are only using mobile to play FOE. This trend is going to continue. INNO has already stated they are not going to be investing the resources required to update GvG for mobile. This combined with all the focus on the Expedition leads me to believe INNO is going to abandon GvG and let time run it's course until nobody is playing it anymore.

I personally would be very disappointed to see this happen but the fact is if INNO doesn't update GvG for mobile it's going to sooner than later. I know some have already mentioned that ever since the Temple of Relics was introduced GvG play has nearly come to a complete stop. I play in Langendorn and there has been no activity in over 2 weeks. All I have been seeing is the standard battle point hunting and an occasional siege on the few NPC sectors that are left. Of course there is a guild vs. guild battle on a VERY rare occasion but that's really been it.

I'm curious as to what others think. Anybody who is reading this is most likely a serious player and I would love to hear your thoughts.

Thanks!!

Glarg

The guilds that hold territory on the GvG maps will continue to do so, as it is an easy source of power for them for leveling up. The only migration to GE exclusively is by the guilds that couldn't measure up in GvG, as GE is a very easy source of power for leveling up compared to trying to take on the powerful guilds that hold most of the GvG turf.

mcribar

Yes, I agree. But the fact is nobody uses computers anymore so as time moves on fewer and fewer people will be able to access GvG. A year from now I suspect the percentage of people who can or want to access GvG will be less than 40%. And 2 years from now? Probably less than 20%. GvG will go the way of the compact disc, there's no doubt about that. It's just a matter of when.

Glarg

the fact is nobody uses computers anymore
I've yet to see the advantage of paying through the nose for a data plan on a device that doesn't come anywhere near the ability of my PC(s). Therefore, I still use a dumb phone for making phone calls and computers for computer stuff. I'm and old man - a dinosaur. But word is that a lot of us old folks are playing FoE, so the fact is, your fact is wrong. :)

mcribar

I'll rephrase the fact then...LOL. People grow old and die. These are the people who are using computers. Every baby born today and in the future will not be using computers by the time they reach 18 years old. They will be doing all of their game playing on their personal hand held interface (I don't call them phones anymore since very few people use them to "speak" to other parties. It's all texting , streaming, music and net surfing). So the fact remains that computers are going to be a thing of the past and each day we move forward fewer and fewer people are using them. GvG is not going to be upgraded so it's nothing more than a terminal cancer patient. Ask your grand kids about computers and they will soon be having kids who won't even know what a computer WAS.

mcribar

I have a guild in Langendorn and of 78 members 40 of them only play on their phones and cannot access GvG. Of the remaining 38 most of them prefer to play on their phones but can access a computer for GvG if it's planned. We have 9 members who only play on a computer and nothing else.

wolfhoundtoo

There are still plenty of players that play via PCs still. If those players want to continue in GVG then it will continue.....assuming they want to invest the time and resources to obtain and hold territory on the maps. GE is meant to provide a team format for those who play on mobile devices. As for those of us who are old, we aren't so old that most of us will be dying in the next few days unless of course something takes out the planet. So while GVG might go away it is still a valid game aspect and will continue to be so for as long as players want to spend their time on such activities. Not all players utilize all aspects of the game which is the primary advantage of FOE: You can play the game how you want to play the game.

Oh you might want to compare the amount of guild power you can get from GE versus the GVG maps. For those guild who have significant holdings the maps still give a lot more power.

honey55

I just got back from vacation and could only play on my phone and I wasn't even doing gvg and I so dislike it. Perhaps the phones you people are talking about are large and mine is small. But, I do not want to lug a huge phone around. In fact, I would really prefer a little flip phone. If I couldn't play this game on my laptop, I would quit.

cbalto1927

I'll rephrase the fact then...LOL. People grow old and die. These are the people who are using computers. Every baby born today and in the future will not be using computers by the time they reach 18 years old. They will be doing all of their game playing on their personal hand held interface (I don't call them phones anymore since very few people use them to "speak" to other parties. It's all texting , streaming, music and net surfing). So the fact remains that computers are going to be a thing of the past and each day we move forward fewer and fewer people are using them. GvG is not going to be upgraded so it's nothing more than a terminal cancer patient. Ask your grand kids about computers and they will soon be having kids who won't even know what a computer WAS.

Very True, I would say by 18 years later there would be more " Evolved" FOE-like game. With all VR and high tech Holo-windows Which projects images from your PC monitor. Cell phones in general are becoming if not already rival a standard Desktop PC's. It would be cool to see 3D gaming on FOE. As a young generation i would say this game is kinda "dated" compared to Today's Graphics computering power.

bptexas

Several previously high ranked guilds are now on the second page or even further back. Their level tells how much they used to do in GvG. GvG is losing popularity

txrose4ever

I've yet to see the advantage of paying through the nose for a data plan on a device that doesn't come anywhere near the ability of my PC(s). Therefore, I still use a dumb phone for making phone calls and computers for computer stuff. I'm and old man - a dinosaur. But word is that a lot of us old folks are playing FoE, so the fact is, your fact is wrong. :)
I have absolutely no desire to play the game on my phone, and much prefer my computers.