• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is it ever worth to "Produce 2 saltpeter and 2 carrots"?

MOAGLEE

Is it ever worth to do the "Produce 2 saltpeter and 2 carrots" RQ in HMA when you can just abort and use the productions to satisfy "Produce 2 saltpeter" and "Produce 2 carrots" separately to get twice the reward?

For that matter is it even worth having a farm, when alchemists perform more RQs in less space and are also provide more supplies per unit population?

Yes. If you are a non-diamond spender, it would be worth it to run the recurring quest until you get your diamonds. After that you can switch away from farms and fill up the empty space with alchemists since RQ rewards are the same between the two and alchemists are smaller. If you’re more active and want to participate more in GBG, you might want to instead replace your alchemists with an Inno Tower and barracks.

Pickleweasel

It depends on how much you care about the diamond reward from doing the quest. Eventually the reward will (once) be 20 diamonds (more if you have a Chateau Frontenac). I personally do all of the recurring quests in every era until I get the diamond reward, with the exception of the research 2 technologies one (I usually run out of technologies before I finish that one) and the recruit units ones (I never have any barracks of any kind).