• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Answered] Is it possible to choose what units you want from Alcatraz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Graviton

You can, by planting barracks for the units you want. Traz produces only those units that you've got barracks for. If you have more than one type of barracks it will produce some from each but I think the ratio is a bit random.

Emberguard

Technically yes.

The output is a random mix of whatever units you currently have the military buildings for present in your city. If you only have rogue hideouts you'll only get rogues. If you have rogue hideouts, archers and heavies you'll get a mix between them. As it's random you may occasionally have days where you only get rogues or only archers. Having multiple of the same building will cause the Alcatraz to favour giving larger amounts of that unit more often.

BruteForceAttack

Been trying to get Alcatraz, so I'm wondering you can choose the units.

There is no option directly in traz to say produce this type of unit. However you can kind of influence what Traz produces.

E.g. if you have only one type of barracks/special military building, traz will only produce that one unit. Lets say you have only rouge hideout and nothing else then traz produces only rouges. or Let's say you have only one heavy unit barracks and nothing else traz will produces only heavy units.
if you have more number of an type of barracks traz will produce more of that type of units. Lets say you have 2 rouge hide outs and 1 heavy barrack, you will get more rouges and heavy units.

RetiredGuy

When does Traz choose which bldgs to include in the randomization.. Immediately after collection.. or just prior to it being ready for collection? Yes, trying to manipulate it's choices.. eg disconnect everything but rogues on temp basis..

Nicholas002

When does Traz choose which bldgs to include in the randomization.. Immediately after collection.. or just prior to it being ready for collection? Yes, trying to manipulate it's choices.. eg disconnect everything but rogues on temp basis..
I think just prior to collection. Also, road connection of the barracks doesn’t make a difference. If the barracks is placed in your city, it will be included regardless of road connection.

Agent327

Never.

Even militairy buildings under construction count for collection.

Ericness

Also, road connection of the barracks doesn’t make a difference. If the barracks is placed in your city, it will be included regardless of road connection.
An important point to keep in mind for those that don't want to put down two lane roads. I've been in ME for a few months now without them and am doing just fine. It does bother me a bit having a barrack constantly in the mud but my Traz don't care.

Joeyjojojo

Having multiple of the same building will cause the Alcatraz to favour giving larger amounts of that unit more often.
Sorry about the necro, but I heard this again recently and trying to find if it's actually true (and this is as good as I could find from search). My understanding was that Traz randomizes based on types of troop buildings and the # of each is irrelevant.

Tytan the Great

An important point to keep in mind for those that don't want to put down two lane roads. I've been in ME for a few months now without them and am doing just fine. It does bother me a bit having a barrack constantly in the mud but my Traz don't care.
You can build one two lane road and let the barrack finished, then delete the road. At least you got a fully built barrack. It would drive me crazy looking at a construction zone everyday.

Agent327

Sorry about the necro, but I heard this again recently and trying to find if it's actually true (and this is as good as I could find from search). My understanding was that Traz randomizes based on types of troop buildings and the # of each is irrelevant.

The # is relevant. Units are randomly chosen from ALL militairy buildings in your city.

wolfhoundtoo

I haven't really written down the results of my traz to be sure, but from the mix of units that I get it does seem to provide me with more units based on the number of barracks (as evidenced by the change in the total number of each troop type each GBG). So I'd say yes the number matters (can't provide it though :p).

Plain Red Justice

It does bother me a bit having a barrack constantly in the mud but my Traz don't care.
It's the result of powercreep in favor of autobattlers. One would normally think a game dev would hotfix this bug because it's being abused by everyone and their dog

Last edited by a moderator:

Plain Red Justice

That's a waste of effort emma. Bugs that stick out like a sore thumb and not being removed for extended periods of time means it's here to stay even if it's a bug

Emberguard

I’ve tested it through fast levelling a traz, that was the results. Take it or leave it

Status
Not open for further replies.