• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Deleted

Algona

If some mundane (buildings on the build menu) buildings are allowed, sure. You need them to gather the needed Goods for your first GBs.

No advice, just a warning and a request.

Bootstrapping a city without Special Buildings is gonna be a slow process.

If you do this, I'd appreciate if you created a thread tracking your progress, ala Tiny Town, I think it would be educational no end.

Good luck and have fun!

Agent327

It is possible, but you need to work towards it. Right now if I were to take out all events buildings, I would have a city like that.

UBERhelp1

Could someone please write us a guide on how to write a guide?. that would be awesome!! Thanks.
Here ya go. UBER's Six Steps to a Successful Guide:
  1. Use the best info you can. Know the topic inside and out. Look for where other people have written about it. Research.
  2. Write as clearly as possible. You may have a breakthrough strategy that would change the game, but if no one can understand it there is no point in writing it.
  3. Use screenshots, tables, graphs, charts, etc. wherever possible to communicate or explain your point better. Also, hide these in spoilers when you can so the "main" guide doesn't get cluttered with lots of images.
  4. Have an awesome editor :p
  5. Listen to community feedback. View any criticism as constructive and use it to better your writing and the guide.
  6. Experiment. Try new things, never be afraid to do something no one else has done before.

Super Catanian

1. Use the best info you can. Know the topic inside and out. Look for where other people have written about it. Research.
  2. Write as clearly as possible. You may have a breakthrough strategy that would change the game, but if no one can understand it there is no point in writing it.
  3. Use screenshots, tables, graphs, charts, etc. wherever possible to communicate or explain your point better. Also, hide these in spoilers when you can so the "main" guide doesn't get cluttered with lots of images.
  5. Listen to community feedback. View any criticism as constructive and use it to better your writing and the guide.
  6. Experiment. Try new things, never be afraid to do something no one else has done before.
1585764174631.png

Agent327

You just crushed Winner's heart :(

hahaha....just to be clear, i was joking about that. but there may as well be a guide on writing a guide. we got one for everything else. how about a guide on how to clean my house without getting off the couch?

UBERhelp1

hahaha....just to be clear, i was joking about that. but there may as well be a guide on writing a guide. we got one for everything else. how about a guide on how to clean my house without getting off the couch?
  1. Go to [online shopping site]
  2. Find the robotic vacuum you want.
  3. Give me your credit card info, SSN, and address.
  4. I get it for you and ship it to your house.
If you see any suspicious charges on your card, it is nothing. Just test purchases to verify it. Nothing else..........