• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is it true that FOE is going to do away with GvG?

• Thread starter DeletedUser30211
  • Start date

DeletedUser30211

GvG is my most favorite thing about this game. However, I have heard that FOE is going to do away with it. I can feature myself playing the game if that happened. GE sucks. Its only playing against an AI. GvG though, thats getting to play another player and actually test your skills. I kinda wish GE was never brought into the game play.

DeletedUser26965

People have speculated, including myself, that it would be on its way out eventually. Not without reasons either such as the change to the map in AF, introduction of GE, the inability to get it to Mobile, no development, little fixing. Just feels it's been relegated to the back burner since AF came out then when GE got introduced it was clear it was an attempt at an equivalent sort of thing, the "solution" for mobile players to do an activity as a guild for the guild. So ever since it feels like it's just hanging around for the chopping block. However IG has commented in the past on such sentiments stating they have no plans to remove it.

DeletedUser

Its only playing against an AI. GvG though, thats getting to play another player and actually test your skills.
No, actually GvG is also only playing against an AI. You might be doing it at the same time as another player is attacking your (AI) siege army, but you're still not directly playing another player.

DeletedUser30211

Its still way more fun than GE. And , I figure that is where FOE makes most of its money.

Agent327

Its still way more fun than GE. And , I figure that is where FOE makes most of its money.

How do you figure that? I am looking forward to an explanation.

They are not likely to dump GvG. They just don't work on it anymore and leave it as is.

DeletedUser29726

How do you figure that? I am looking forward to an explanation.

They are not likely to dump GvG. They just don't work on it anymore and leave it as is.

Some people get very emotional over GvG and dump diamonds to get emergency goods or troops to keep fighting. Also it's the motive for some people to optimise their cities in the first place through spending diamonds on getting more event buildings. I'm not sure it's their biggest money maker, but I know of enough people who do spend because of it that I believe it's certainly a contributing factor.

As for the original question:
I was one of the speculators that GvG was dead for sure with the coming of HTML5 and the need to port a long neglected feature over. But it was on beta's html5 client at release. Optimisations have been made to it that have made it back to the flash version and represent the first performance improvements on it in what seems like forever. It's fairly safe to say GvG is staying around in its present form for now.

Czari

No, actually GvG is also only playing against an AI. You might be doing it at the same time as another player is attacking your (AI) siege army, but you're still not directly playing another player.

Word.

I've always thought it would be great fun if there was a way to play against someone in real time. When I watch replays of some PvP fights (attacks against my city) I'm thinking, "Noooooo AI....don't move that unit right under the nose of that Rogue (or whatever)."

DeletedUser26965

Word.

I've always thought it would be great fun if there was a way to play against someone in real time. When I watch replays of some PvP fights (attacks against my city) I'm thinking, "Noooooo AI....don't move that unit right under the nose of that Rogue (or whatever)."
Well, in GvG there's still human elements involved, more so than PvP and completely so than GE.

Frank the Dude

People have speculated, including myself, that it would be on its way out eventually. Not without reasons either such as the change to the map in AF, introduction of GE, the inability to get it to Mobile, no development, little fixing. Just feels it's been relegated to the back burner since AF came out then when GE got introduced it was clear it was an attempt at an equivalent sort of thing, the "solution" for mobile players to do an activity as a guild for the guild. So ever since it feels like it's just hanging around for the chopping block. However IG has commented in the past on such sentiments stating they have no plans to remove it.

Interestingly enough, I heard GvG *is coming* to mobile. Heard that a few months ago. I came here to search out any news on progress or release dates on mobile GvG. How certain is the technical barrier against bringing it to app??

Moreover, what will they do with prestige points if what you say is true and GvG is dying a slow death?

Anyone with some credible info, I'd love to know about the prospect of mobile GvG. If it's dead in the water, I'd like to know. Vice versa.

Thanks all!

DeletedUser35325

I would be bummed if there was no GvG. Most of my tower points comes from it + GE and not so much PvP unless it's for a quest or something other. I enjoy the involvement and team effort that goes into combating and protecting territory (and sometimes the petty drama that arises between guilds - but only in secret).

DeletedUser26965

Interestingly enough, I heard GvG *is coming* to mobile. Heard that a few months ago. I came here to search out any news on progress or release dates on mobile GvG. How certain is the technical barrier against bringing it to app??

Moreover, what will they do with prestige points if what you say is true and GvG is dying a slow death?

Anyone with some credible info, I'd love to know about the prospect of mobile GvG. If it's dead in the water, I'd like to know. Vice versa.

Thanks all!
The last I saw was on the Facebook page 3 weeks ago;

Forge of Empires No plans for GvG on mobile devices.
· Reply · 3w

It also comes up in the Q&A's and they say no because it's a technical thing but who knows, I would assume if they could they would, why wouldn't they after all these years now since they say there's more mobile players than Browser players.

Frank the Dude

The last I saw was on the Facebook page 3 weeks ago;

It also comes up in the Q&A's and they say no because it's a technical thing but who knows, I would assume if they could they would, why wouldn't they after all these years now since they say there's more mobile players than Browser players.
Thanks. I checked out the FB link and you are totally correct. They unambiguously state "no plans for GvG on mobile".

I assume there's no official statements about GvG in the future? Like will they ditch the whole thing or what?