• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is Statue of Zeus worth bothering with?

Lancer

Zeus and the cathedral are definitely a good idea to have as long as you level up. They both help you offensively and defensively when ATTACKING ONLY. They do not help if you are the one being attacked though. I have both and are only at levels 5 or 6 and even that helps a lot. Although to really get the best effects try to get to at least level 9 or 10 on all GBs.. I would definitely build.

Last edited:

DeletedUser31631

i just got mine. I took Muggle's advice and had joined a helpful, large guild. They really pitch in on the GB's etc. So it wasn't hard to get and level. Mine of course is still new, but they keep donating. I think they had it to level 1 in a couple of hours. Make sure you help others too though. Im camping in IA for a while, so donating FPs to others is easy. You get medals too if you are in top 3 on donations.
Teamwork is helpful for the GB's.
It seems to give rather paltry return for the effort.

Mustapha00

Zeus and the cathedral are definitely a good idea to have as long as you level up. They both help you offensively and defensively when ATTACKING ONLY. They do not help if you are the one being attacked though. I have both and are only at levels 5 or 6 and even that helps a lot. Although to really get the best effects try to get to at least level 9 or 10 on all GBs.. I would definitely build.

Add Castel del Monte to that list as well.

And just to open (or re-open, actually) a can of worms here, frankly I never understood why the defensive bonuses for Zeus, Aachen and del Monte did not add to city defense when being attacked by another player. Using historical accounts as a guide, the advantage in combat almost always lies with the defender, so it would make sense (to me, if not to Inno) that a player would have access to more GBs that boost defense than to those which boost offense.

DeletedUser26154

Lancer

And just to open (or re-open, actually) a can of worms here, frankly I never understood why the defensive bonuses for Zeus, Aachen and del Monte did not add to city defense when being attacked by another player. Using historical accounts as a guide, the advantage in combat almost always lies with the defender, so it would make sense (to me, if not to Inno) that a player would have access to more GBs that boost defense than to those which boost offense.

Yes I don't personally have

Yes Castel del Monte is another one. I also would like for them GBs to work the same way on defending the city as well as going on the offensive, and vice versa.

blueskydwg

Help me understand. I have Aachen - and every level up adds 3%. Adding Zeus would add 3%. Why not just continue to level up Aachen. Why have three buildings (Aachen, Zeus, del Monte) that all essentially do the same thing?

DeletedUser31440

Help me understand. I have Aachen - and every level up adds 3%. Adding Zeus would add 3%. Why not just continue to level up Aachen. Why have three buildings (Aachen, Zeus, del Monte) that all essentially do the same thing?

More attack boost means easier battles with less losses. Also as you age up fighting becomes more difficult without the extra boost.

Falconwing

having one at level 10 is a +30% attack bonus, having all three at level 10 is a +90% attack bonus and 90% is better than 30%, all only give you a +1% after level 10 and FP costs continue to increase so it's best to have all three and level them equally

blueskydwg

More attack boost means easier battles with less losses. Also as you age up fighting becomes more difficult without the extra boost.

Yeah, I got that. But why do I need three separate GBs that do the same thing? Isn't an Aachen with an 18% boost just as good as an Aachen and a Zeus each with a 9% boost?

blueskydwg

having one at level 10 is a +30% attack bonus, having all three at level 10 is a +90% attack bonus and 90% is better than 30%, all only give you a +1% after level 10 and FP costs continue to increase so it's best to have all three and level them equally

Ah, OK. That makes sense. I've got a ways to go before anything is at level 10 though. :)

DeletedUser31592

Plus adding a Zeus is WAAYYY cheaper than the FPs required to level the CoA. First level is only 60 FPs, if I am not mistaken. (Too lazy to look, but I'm almost positive.)

blueskydwg

Plus adding a Zeus is WAAYYY cheaper than the FPs required to level the CoA. First level is only 60 FPs, if I am not mistaken. (Too lazy to look, but I'm almost positive.)

OK - here's an analysis in FanBlog:

+ Certainly the advantage of this GB is low construction cost. To achieve a 30% bonus to attack it costs 2500 fp in total, and for comparison Cathedral of Aachen costs 2950 with the second extra bonus in the form of coins (not very useful) and a much larger space requirements. Castel del Monte takes already 3410 fp, so nearly 1000 fp more (though with much better second bonus), and also much larger surface needed.

So Aachen is only a total of 450 FP to get to level 10, and since I already have the Cathedral of Aachen, I think I'll just continue to level that up until I get near the 10 level. Then add Zeus for more attack power.