• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is there a way to turn off these constant stupid notifications?

DeletedUser

I'm getting tired of the event notifications. I DO NOT need a pop-up EVERY time someone polishes or motivates something, or accepts a trade. Having the pop-up literally like every 3 minutes, is honestly irritating me. It's making me want to stop M/Ping again because then I won't have as much return traffic.

I'm trying to put up trades, collect or set productions, unlock research or sectors, and the stupid thing pops up.

Sorry but i'm getting very freaking irritated, I can check the event log on my own time.

DeletedUser8152

I think that if you dismiss the general's window by x'ing it out, rather than clicking through to the events screen, then no more announcements will pop up during that game session.

DeletedUser

I always click the X, and it always pops up again.

I will seriously click it out after being interrupted mid-Tech FP deposit, check production time and it's like 4 minutes away, do random stuff, and partway through pickup it pops up again. It is literally like every 5 minutes. It is driving me insane.

DeletedUser8152

Yes, that has been confusing for me. I feel certain that sometimes x'ing the window works, but clearly sometimes it doesn't. I have no idea why.

DeletedUser1862

I think that if you dismiss the general's window by x'ing it out, rather than clicking through to the events screen, then no more announcements will pop up during that game session.

I did that when I was using the game continuously and it seemed to work to stop it until the game refreshed. Don't know if it's changed in the last few months, but there has been cries for something like this to happen. Don't know if anything's come of it or going to at some point though.

DeletedUser

I am on FoE literally from waking til sleeping, therefore it's gotten completely obnoxious. And the idea of closing out between pickup times isn't viable as i'm in messaging CONSTANTLY. I have strict guidelines I set for myself on FP donation, trading, and the like, I enjoy when I have stats such as this:

10376930_10154211935555004_9188216627715313989_n.jpg

It takes quite a bit of time for me xD

My friend on facebook finds it impressive, especially as I do not have even a defensive army and i've had people attempting to poach me from basically my second week here.