• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is this game cheating on expedition map??

Korgull

That's not true. It's actually quite the opposite. Every time you advance everything gets harder. You're more prone to plunder. Everything gets more expensive, tech tree, quests, GB, GE etc.
Doesn't this happen with just about any game (browser, pc or console)? I thought it was natural.

ahsay

Doesn't this happen with just about any game (browser, pc or console)? I thought it was natural.
Wha...natural? Not sure what "natural" has to do with China's tea prices? Having a choice is also, "natural". This is not Super Mario. The goal is to kick some ass, not to get to the next level.

Emberguard

I wonder why ages beyond LMA exist....
The game was designed for ageing up and does need players to age up if advanced GBs are to exist. But like any game being well prepared will make things easier than being underprepared. It’s all a balancing act between going slow enough you’re able to handle the challenges presented and fast enough you’re actually advancing through the game at some point

This game does not even hint owards this way. All it does is constantly pushing you towards new ages as fast as you can afford.
I think this really comes down to how the player observes and responds to the challenges presented. Often in games it’s only once in a multiplayer situation it becomes clear whether that pace needs to speed up or slow down based on your opponents progress and who’s strategy is working best

Yes. Pretty much. And I know of games that if you don’t level up your characters before advancing would be very difficult. I also know of games that would be better at a faster pace because being overly cautious holds you back or prevents you from ever moving forward. All depends on the game as to what’s the best approach.

FoE does favour building a solid enough foundation in a age before ageing up. You don’t have to, but it’d be way harder if you don’t build the foundation