• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is this rumour or truth

DeletedUser

one of my guild members sent this an just want to check on it , ty " please remove your stone age buildings and decorations as soon as possible when you reach the bronze age as there are no Great Buildings from the stone age. When people visit your city to mo/po they hope for BP's ( Blueprints ). Ever wonder why your oblesk or tree dont get polished??? This is just an FYI to help younger members. Yes there is a penalty for polishing or motivating stone age items it will reset your counter taking you longer to aquire a BP. "

DeletedUser4074

The only penalty for supporting Stone Age items is you cannot get a blueprint from them. There is no 'counter' for blueprint drops; each drop chance is completely independent of any other, but the chance of a Stone Age building dropping a blueprint is 0 rather than very low.

DeletedUser6172

It's such a common misunderstanding, that I even have a boilerplate document set up.

>>> CE_SAD <<<
Campaign for the Eradication of Stone Age Decorations.

The following players still need to eradicate some Stone Age decorations:
* Suzie1
* Suzie2
Nine means the city is very SAD.

The reasons for CE_SAD are threefold:
1. Inexperienced players may not realize that you are cheating them out of a blueprint
2. Fake stars are a nuisance when visitors are hunting for a Cultural Building to polish
3. You can undoubtedly use the space more effectively for supplies and housing

A Colosseum is easily the most important Great Building for the early development of your city.
· A Colosseum generates 9-32 medals every day. Very much to the point, there are 15 expansions that can ONLY be purchased using medals, so medals will actually end up saving you several million coins. While you can get medals from PvP tournaments, Great Buildings are easily the more reliable source.
· While a Colosseum is large, at 6x7, the 1100-4000 happiness bonus will allow you to dramatically reduce the amount of space that you’d otherwise need for decorations and cultural buildings.

As expeditiously as you can manage, you should LOCK IN the Enthusiasm bonus, which adds 20% to the productivity of your supply buildings and housing. You should also include SCP (Supplies, Coins, Polishing) in your city name, to make things simple for your visitors. Once you have several million each of coins and supplies, then you'll want to flip back to depending on polishing, so you can add more manufacturing and military buildings.

The “secret formula” for rapid city growth is:
· Build for 120% Production. NEVER ask for Polishing
· Build long cycle housing that just barely provides enough workers
· Use LARGE supply buildings, on a 4 hour cycle
· Visit/Motivate/Polish everybody you can reach, every day, and then reap the benefits from supply buildings that deliver 240% of their base cycle production, nearly every cycle, because their workers are both Enthusiastic and Motivated.
· You probably have some unusable single rows on the edge of your city, and that’s a perfect location for pairs of Age related decorations. Folks who are shopping for early age blueprints will appreciate your support of their needs, and they will continue to visit your city, and motivate your supply buildings, long after they have found the blueprints that they were seeking.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser9433

It's such a common misunderstanding, that I even have a boilerplate document set up.

>>> CE_SAD <<<
Campaign for the Eradication of Stone Age Decorations.

The following players still need to eradicate some Stone Age decorations:
* Suzie1
* Suzie2
Nine means the city is very SAD.

The reasons for CE_SAD are threefold:
1. Inexperienced players may not realize that you are cheating them out of a blueprint
2. Fake stars are a nuisance when visitors are hunting for a Cultural Building to polish
3. You can undoubtedly use the space more effectively for supplies and housing

A Colosseum is easily the most important Great Building for the early development of your city.
· A Colosseum generates 9-32 medals every day. Very much to the point, there are 15 expansions that can ONLY be purchased using medals, so medals will actually end up saving you several million coins. While you can get medals from PvP tournaments, Great Buildings are easily the more reliable source.
· While a Colosseum is large, at 6x7, the 1100-4000 happiness bonus will allow you to dramatically reduce the amount of space that you’d otherwise need for decorations and cultural buildings.

As expeditiously as you can manage, you should LOCK IN the Enthusiasm bonus, which adds 20% to the productivity of your supply buildings and housing. You should also include SCP (Supplies, Coins, Polishing) in your city name, to make things simple for your visitors. Once you have several million each of coins and supplies, then you'll want to flip back to depending on polishing, so you can add more manufacturing and military buildings.

The “secret formula” for rapid city growth is:
· Build for 120% Production. NEVER ask for Polishing
· Build long cycle housing that just barely provides enough workers
· Use LARGE supply buildings, on a 4 hour cycle
· Visit/Motivate/Polish everybody you can reach, every day, and then reap the benefits from supply buildings that deliver 240% of their base cycle production, nearly every cycle, because their workers are both Enthusiastic and Motivated.
· You probably have some unusable single rows on the edge of your city, and that’s a perfect location for pairs of Age related decorations. Folks who are shopping for early age blueprints will appreciate your support of their needs, and they will continue to visit your city, and motivate your supply buildings, long after they have found the blueprints that they were seeking.

I would make a few changes to your document, particularly the part about 4 hour production cycles. that is so wrong I'm surprised you haven't deleted it. The polish portion is OK for advanced players but a beginner needs production buildings and residential buildings more than worrying about requesting polish now and again. one more thing, you aren't "cheating" anyone out of anything by having stone age decorations.

DeletedUser6172

... particularly the part about 4 hour production cycles ...
Long production cycles increase the benefit provided by EACH visitor. DOUBLING a large number, and allowing 4 hours for the Motivate visit, overwhelms the supplies that you can get by babysitting a short production cycle.

Manufacturing buildings and the more advanced Military buildings all take around 4 hours per cycle, and the game works very well indeed when you optimize everything else for that same 4 hour cycle.

DeletedUser9433

Long production cycles increase the benefit provided by EACH visitor. DOUBLING a large number, and allowing 4 hours for the Motivate visit, overwhelms the supplies that you can get by babysitting a short production cycle.

Manufacturing buildings and the more advanced Military buildings all take around 4 hours per cycle, and the game works very well indeed when you optimize everything else for that same 4 hour cycle.

I agree doubling a large number is better than doubling a small number but it certainly doesn't (overwhelm) the benefit of hourly production if you are able to collect that often particularly if you get one of those motivated as well. (math is funny like that) It all depends on the players schedule, nothing else. I can say I almost never use the 4 hour production cycle, I use 8 for overnight or at work and collect hourly otherwise, YMMV.

DeletedUser6172

The really nice part about Supply Buildings is that you CAN accelerate them if you're falling behind. But if you're using Farms, for example, or any of the large supply buildings AND you have a Lighthouse of Alexandria, the 4 hour cycle yield gets pretty impressive.

You only get 40 phantom cycles per day, from the Lighthouse of Alexandria, and it would be foolish to waste them on short cycle supply building. 40 cycles = 8 buildings * 5ish 4 hour cycles per day. I attract 50-60 visitors on most days, so I consistently get

384% to 588% of base = (100% base + 60% to 145% of base) * 120% enthusiastic * 200% motivated

* fewer supply buildings are needed
* fewer workers are needed
* fewer houses are needed
* fewer cultural buildings are needed
OR ELSE
* more manufacturing building can be supported
* more military buildings can be supported

Attracting reliable visitors always has been important, and the ability to use full sets of blueprints, to level a Great Building, will make a good thing even better.

DeletedUser8155

yes this is very true, so get rid of all stone age items as soon as possible because if players come to your city and if nothing but stone age items need polishing they will skip you and do nothing

DeletedUser9433

The really nice part about Supply Buildings is that you CAN accelerate them if you're falling behind. But if you're using Farms, for example, or any of the large supply buildings AND you have a Lighthouse of Alexandria, the 4 hour cycle yield gets pretty impressive.

You only get 40 phantom cycles per day, from the Lighthouse of Alexandria, and it would be foolish to waste them on short cycle supply building. 40 cycles = 8 buildings * 5ish 4 hour cycles per day. I attract 50-60 visitors on most days, so I consistently get

384% to 588% of base = (100% base + 60% to 145% of base) * 120% enthusiastic * 200% motivated

* fewer supply buildings are needed
* fewer workers are needed
* fewer houses are needed
* fewer cultural buildings are needed
OR ELSE
* more manufacturing building can be supported
* more military buildings can be supported

Attracting reliable visitors always has been important, and the ability to use full sets of blueprints, to level a Great Building, will make a good thing even better.

All true but you implied you were speaking of new or inexperienced players still using stone age Decorations. You can't all of a sudden magically grant a player a LoA just to prove your point whereas I specifically addressed beginning players. Not to mention you stated "A Colosseum is easily the most important Great Building for the early development of your city."

DeletedUser6172

"you implied you were speaking of new or inexperienced players still using stone age Decorations. You can't all of a sudden magically grant a player a LoA just to prove your point"
We were actually talking about left over Stone Age Decorations, in a middle aged city.

At any rate, the Lighthouse of Alexandria is only Iron Age, as is the Colosseum, so both will be available once you've played a few weeks, and the phantom cycles really makes a difference in how you think about supply buildings, and visitors.

I was going to complain about the "efficiency" column in http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Production_Buildings, but it looks like they are in the process of eliminating it. That's good, because it took me quite a while to understand that building a lot of Blacksmiths is NOT efficient.