• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is this spam?

WinnerGR

It appears as if you Forum account and game account are no one and you need to link them , this is not spam , I sugest you read and follow the instrocutions that are given in the link. From looking at the URL data I can observe that you have not yet read it .

Last edited:

Agent327

After "MORE INFO" you go to the login page. All you need to do is log in to one of your worlds.

WinnerGR

Why is this happening to loades of people , I thought the accounts where automicaly linked unless you registered here which is now closed down.

Last edited:

ODragon

Read the mail you got and you know.

I did and it didn't help. It had a false message that they contacted me a year ago, they didn't.

@Emberguard explains things much better than both the email and the page. Neither really explain why this happened all of a sudden. Seems like someone at Inno was bored and added something new OR, they fixed something they didn't realize was broken.

Agent327

Mine tells me this

Hi Agent327,

We contacted you earlier this year about linking your forum account to your in-game account name.
Due to feedback, we've decided to make this process more explicit to safeguard the privacy and security of your account.
As such, we now require you to confirm ownership of your forum account.

Doing so is easy: Click on the following link, log in with your in-game account, and follow the instructions provided.

ACTION HERE: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

If you do not link your account via this process by August 20th, your forum account will be deleted.

If you run into any problems, please do not hesitate to contact our Support Team

qaccy

Seems like it's something everyone got. I know I wasn't contacted 'earlier this year' (at least not in a way that's immediately noticeable), but they did put out an announcement here on the forums over two years ago on this subject.

https://forum.us.forgeofempires.com/index.php?threads/automatic-account-deletion.23287/

I wonder if this is related? In any case, the messages are from Inno so it should be legit? Just seems odd to get it out of the blue like this, especially since I've been both in-game and here on the forums fairly regularly to not trigger any automatic deletion process (that was mentioned in the linked forum announcement, anyway).