• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is this spam?

Algona

I just got one of these also.

Just as qaccy, and I suspect most everyone else, I haven't been recently contacted. Unlike qaccy, I did not search far enough back to find the 2 year old Announcement. Is 2 years ago recent?

Dunno who is managing this, but it's being handled in a piss poor manner.

At a time when sophisticated phishing scams abound, getting something like the message received sends up red flags. It even reads like a phish. 'Action required' Highlighted text. ALL CAPS TEXT. Poorly typed. A link to do an action. From an Account I've never heard of. Reference to previous contact which never took place. No recent official Announcement in game or on this forum of this taking place.

A few minutes thought and effort put towards crafting a professional PM, an in game message, and a forum Announcement a few days before sending out these PMS would have saved some of the Community angst and confusion.

More importantly It would demonstrate the CM Team cares enough to put in the effort.

Sloppy work, poorly thought out, poorly executed. I'd say inexcusable but I realized over the last few months that 'Community Management' does not imply Community Building.

If CM were interested in Building this Community there would have started from the time they took over months ago with a steady stream of communications to the community inviting discussion on ways to build the community, followed up with actions to build the community.

Instead, we have months of arbitrary decisions, unfinished actions, and zero substantive discussion. If there's been any building, there's no foundation or structure to show for it.

But I guess we are a well managed community?

Sigh.

Agent327

More importantly It would demonstrate the CM Team cares enough to put in the effort.

Sloppy work, poorly thought out, poorly executed. I'd say inexcusable but I realized over the last few months that 'Community Management' does not imply Community Building.

While I agree wth most you are saying, I do not agree with this part. This is not coming from the CM team. The same message has been send on all forums and play worlds. It comes directly from Inno.

Henuses

Was a bit of work via mobile and email. 1st looked at source of email. After clicking on link it took me to Google Play store which in turn opened FOE app. and logged into game. Returned to email and clicked on link again which took me back to Play store. So instead of going in a circle again I returned to Browser and turned on Desktop viewing. Clicked on Email Link again and was back at forums where I noticed the message waiting for me. Still in Desktop viewing mode clicked on link and was finally able to link account.

As people have said using a desktop seems to be a more direct route but it can (should be able to) be done via mobile.

If nothing else direct route I assume:
1) Check forum PM and click on link
2) Log into game account
3) Click on link again.
After game account name is linked to the forum user name (which is funny because mine was already the same) it will have a small sentence at the bottom of the box that mentions that The link is only valid when you link your account for the first time.

(Recalling steps may not be quite perfectly recalled but did the best I could).

Good luck Forgers,
Henuses

Agent327

Why is it that some players did not get this message? I got no email or forum message or any in game message.

They are looking in to that, but if I have to take a lucky guess, I would say it is because you joined after the initial contact about account deletion.

Falconwing

It had a false message that they contacted me a year ago, they didn't.
Mine as well. I would have remembered if they did send me a message, they did not.
I just looked at my Inbox history. I have 4 items there. The oldest is from Jan '18 and the next oldest is Feb '20.

Why does Inno feel the need to lie about this?

RazorbackPirate

What's with the hair on fire, and clutching of pearls. Simple instructions, clearly explained. Just follow them. Drama queens, I swear.