• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Is this the most boring game ever?

• Thread starter DeletedUser10806
  • Start date

DeletedUser10806

I log on and play in 5 worlds daily. God only knows why! I'm not part of an active GvG guild. The new messaging system has got me wondering - why bother?
So here's a couple of lists of pros and cons - just stuff that pops into my head as I write:
Pros - or reasons why I still log on
- I love the look of my city. The artwork and design is great.
- I love the challenge of getting the most out of my available space. I'm Post modern in my most advanced city with about 16 Gbs and sitting on 60 m coin and 20m supplies
- There's the hope that something exciting will happen that day. Someone new and fun might have joined the guild. One of my GBs might have levelled. I might get some decent plunder.

Cons:
- There's no way to get a foothold on the GvG map (in E world) without a lot of help. My guild members aren't interested in this aspect of the game. I could join a more active GvG guild, but I founded my guild 16 months ago. It's my baby. I haven't been able to recruit the right people.
- There's nothing to spend coin and supplies on - they just accrue.
- The messaging system was OK before. Now it's terrible. I've just had my inbox filled with 'so n so has left the conversation'
- Nothing happens in the game. I don't get attacked. I run through those in my hood that don't aid me and only plunder crowns and goods if they're left lying around. If I only had one city it would take 5 mins a day to service.
- Events are fun but now they too are boring and predictable. Motivate 40 buildings. Build 3 residential from the age you're in etc etc. The rewards are usually worthwhile but only I'll ever see them as no one visits anyone elses city anymore (I exaggerate of course) as AID takes care of it.
- The Devs don't give a stuff about the players. Blind people and monkeys are hired to make major changes with little or no empathy with those who actually play it.
Thank God I don't buy diamonds - for those of you that do I sympathise. I'd be really questioning whether I'm getting my money's worth!

That's it. Just having a bad day. A Year ago I'd have given this game 8/10 - nowadays it'd be more like 2/10. I really should find something better to do with my time!!

DeletedUser10415

Before leaving the conversation, Glarg approves of this message in it's entirety.

ahsay

I'm not close to where you are but I can see all that you say headed my way. To me the next step is to shape up your guild. Get them motivated or get them out.

I can see how the personalities of the game may not be what you're here for but what else is left? You'll certainly piss some people off but what do you care? They need to leave anyway.

The new messaging is soooooooo bad that more then any other single reason you listed is a reason to leave this game and stop buying diamonds for me. GOOD LUCK