• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Jordan Peele...Legit

mamboking053

I watched both movies- "Get Out" and "Us"

"Get Out" was alright. It wasn't anything as great as it was made out to be, but it was decent and entertaining, but still confusing. It seemed to rely on the notion that I'm supposed to take my confusion as a testament to it's complexity and depth, but I really didn't understand the actions of some of the characters in that movie except as things to try and create an air of bizarre creepiness.

"Us"...was garbage. Pretentious, certainly. But garbage. All those little nagging signs I saw in the first movie were magnified in this one. It's trying to be something it's not. And the music choice was horrendous. There's times a song will play that's just...off...from the scene. The volume is off and the theme of the song is jarring.

And then there's the plot. The movie begins decent enough, but then I started to scratch my head 20 minutes in. 2 hours later I left the theater bald and confused. This movie makes absolutely no sense, but, oh, that's just a sign that Peele is working in 4D.

I don't buy it. I think Peele is just over-hyped the same way Star Wars and a lot of these super hero movies are over-hyped. His movies function under the implication of being horror, of being socially meaningful and intelligent and deep, but...no. It's just a bad movie. Just a bunch of pieces thrown together.

But that's my opinion. What do you think?

mamboking053

Who's Jordan Peele?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jordan_Peele

He started with skit-comedy...

http://www.cc.com/shows/key-and-peele

And then went into movies. Get Out...

and Us...

DeletedUser36572

“Get Out” is like “Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner” with completely messed up twist.

But as far as Jordan Peele being legit, the screenplay often has more influence than the acting in a good movie. Look how popular “Con Air” was, and Nicholas Cage’s acting was horrible in that one.

mamboking053

“Get Out” is like “Guess Who’s Coming To Dinner” with completely messed up twist.

But as far as Jordan Peele being legit, the screenplay often has more influence than the acting in a good movie. Look how popular “Con Air” was, and Nicholas Cage’s acting was horrible in that one.

Con Air was awesome, dammit :mad: So was Waterworld.

DeletedUser36572

Con Air was awesome, dammit :mad: So was Waterworld.

I like some of Jordan Peele's stuff too ... :p

Edit:
For clarification on Cage in “Con Air”, being from the South, he absolutely could not do the accent. It was disturbing they even let him try.

Last edited by a moderator: