• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Jubilee

DeletedUser

Anyone in England for the Jubilee?
If so, doing anything for it? :)

N

DeletedUser34

hahaha, I have been asking the british that I know, and they have informed me they are partying, and drinking, and then sleeping:p
I wonder what the rest of the commonwealth will be doing. Do they have it off as well?

DeletedUser

I think so...

I'm off to London to watch the flotilla go along the Thames. Other then that, its the street parties that i'm looking forward to! :D

DeletedUser34

From what I understand, Tuesday...but as I am some kooky american, I don't know much more than that. Does the commonewealth offer celebrations for the Jubilee as well?

DeletedUser

It is actually being celebrated from tomorrow for 4 days.
The actual event is on Sunday with monday being a bank-holiday and so there are lots of street parties happening aorund the country.

Given that the queen is the sovereign of the commonwealth countries also, i would say that it is likely that they will also be celebrating it.

DeletedUser

Silly British and their monarchs.

Hell i couldn't care less about the actual jubilee! Its the street parties that i'm looking forward to! :D :D

Ohh,and I was wondering about what is he talking.
haha :L well now you know :)

Also can i just say that millions and millions of people watched some 'silly british monarch' getting married only a few months ago :p

DeletedUser

It will be great. :)
My local one involves people from the community buying a spot at a table for £20 (wow... i typed a pound sign and then 20 and it keeps displaying that! hah), they can do whatever they want with it! Some sell food, some try to clear their attics and just sell stuff and others, like me, try to sell rickshaw rides. :)

There's also free pims which is always a bonus :D

All-in-all it is always a great event, we hold one every year (it just happy to fall on the holiday following the jubilee which will only make it bigger and better! :D)

DeletedUser

It will be great. :)
My local one involves people from the community buying a spot at a table for £20 (wow... i typed a pound sign and then 20 and it keeps displaying that! hah), they can do whatever they want with it! Some sell food, some try to clear their attics and just sell stuff and others, like me, try to sell rickshaw rides. :)

There's also free pims which is always a bonus :D

All-in-all it is always a great event, we hold one every year (it just happy to fall on the holiday following the jubilee which will only make it bigger and better! :D)

The first symbol on every post is always messed up. Don't worry, Diggo will fix it.

DeletedUser

Given that the queen is the sovereign of the commonwealth countries also, i would say that it is likely that they will also be celebrating it.

Not over here. I think there might have been something in Ottawa back in January, but that's about it. For all that we're a part of the Commonwealth, you won't find many monarchists in Canada. So, the Queen's 60th year of reign is kind of a non-event.
Although we don't mind when Royals come to visit. ;)

DeletedUser34

Well I am not anywhere :D
And I am celebrating it. But then I celebrate everyone's birthdays, graduations etc etc....Any excuse to shop and hang out, I am all for :D

DeletedUser

Hahaha, well, i'm off out for the day so we'll see how you guys cope without me... :p
Enjoy. :)