Keep inventory page open while using inventory boosts.

Discussion in 'Proposals' started by DreadfulCadillac, Aug 26, 2019.

1. DreadfulCadillac

DreadfulCadillac Well-Known Member

Proposal:
    W
    hile using inventory boosts currently , after you use a boost you have to open up the inventory page again and find the boost, as the inventory page shuts. I propose that when using a boost , the page doesn't shut, so you don't have to open up the inventory page and find the boost again. This proposal does not apply to attack or defense boosts, as those can not stack.

Current System:
    C
    urrently, when you use a inventory boost you have to reopen the page if you want to use the boost again after using it. Lets say you want 100% extra supply boost, and all you have is 10 10%supply boost items. having to reopen the inventory page and find the boost 10 times can be annoying.

Details:
    W
    ith this addition to the game, after you use the boost the inventory page will stay right where is was before you used the boost so if you want to use it again you can do so with ease!

Abuse Prevention:
    T
    here is no way i can see this being abused, if you guys find one please let me know and i will add it here if it makes sense.

Visual Aids:
    N
    one provided.

Conclusion:
    T
    his is a good and important feature to add to the game, as it will save the time of many people without making things too easy. You dont want to have to open the page 10, 100, 1000 times depending on how many inventory boosts you are using of the same type. This should be easy to code n as all you have to do is remove the part that makes the page close after a inventory boost is used.

Duke of Upshur likes this.
  2. Agent327

Agent327 Well-Known Member

Would be a lot easier if boosts and anything else in the inventory would work the same way as selfaid kits. This will only work for boosts. What if I want to place 10 SoK's from my inventory. Could not do it he way you suggest.

If it is just about the boosts -1
    Selling those to the AD anyhow.

3. dontwannaname

dontwannaname Well-Known Member

Perhaps you could clarify what you are proposing. How could you use a boost if the window stays open, hiding your city?

4. DreadfulCadillac

you don't need to see your to to use a supply or coin boost?

5. Agent327

He is only talking about supply or coin boosts. He is presenting the idea of someone else in a poor way. Never considered the bigger picture.

6. barra370804

barra370804 Well-Known Member

you would have my yes vote if it was applied to everything like agent said, maybe the window disappears and once you complete the action it comes back?

7. DreadfulCadillac

What do you mean by complete the action? as i said it is for coin and suppyl boosts ONLY. i said that in my proposal!

8. DreadfulCadillac

DISCLAIMER FOR THE FUTURE: this proposal is ONLY about coin and supply boosts, nothing else applies!

9. Godly Luke

Godly Luke Well-Known Member

Sorry DC, nothing personal -1

10. Agent327

That makes it a really bad proposal

Salsuero likes this.
  11. freshmeboy

freshmeboy Well-Known Member

Keeping the menu open doesn't help..it blocks your city, Dread. Instead, I'd amend your proposal so the stackable boosts act like the upgrades for event buildings or the self aid kits. One selected the boosts will appear with their total number at top ceter of screen . That way you can view your boost total and keep track of how many are left...Just a suggestion.

12. Duke of Upshur

Duke of Upshur New Member

I understand DC'd proposal completely and it does make since. You don't need to see your city for the coin or supply boosts. And it is rather inconvenient when you are stacking multiple coin/supply boosts at one time. The inventory screen closes after every single activation and you have to go and open it again to activate another. Even though I wouldn't vote for a proposal simply for personal convenience, I see his point.

DreadfulCadillac likes this.
  13. RazorbackPirate

RazorbackPirate Well-Known Member

Why not just deal with everything at the same time? Make the proposal apply to everything in inventory there are multiples of. Once you select to use the first one, you get the multiples button and can use as many items as you want. I'd like to see it apply to buildings, etc. Anything with multiples.

The only items it would not apply to are Attack Bottle Boosts. It's my understanding that those cannot be stacked as coin/supply boosts can.

barra370804 and Jern2017 like this.
  14. Emberguard

Emberguard Well-Known Member

Exactly. When you put proposals for one thing only it results in only one thing being applied.

If we’re doing might as well go all the way

15. IngeJones

IngeJones Active Member

Well as a compromise let's modify the proposal to apply to all, but only, those items that don't need placement in the city.

A more complicated to implement idea would be to have the inventory come up in the same way as the build menu, so if you open it, it stays open in the corner till you close it - BUT you can scroll around your city and place stuff while the inventory is open. As I say this alternative idea does mean more work for the devs and therefore may not stand as great a chance of being accepted.

16. Agent327

That would not make it any better. If I have to do a happiness quest I just place a lot of Faces or Gates. So there is a need for items that need placement in the city. An open inventory would not work for that.

17. Jern2017

Jern2017 Well-Known Member

Exactly. It would come in handy for the quests that require you to build a certain number of buildings (if you chose to use the ones in your inventory) or when you have to gain happiness. Opening the inventory, selecting a GotSG/FotA, building it and then repeating this process multiple times is no fun. I believe I made a similar proposal a while ago.

I'm all for proposals that reduce the amount of clicks/taps to get something done.