• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Kicking members during the expedition

DeletedUser34761

Is it better to kick a member from a guild during or after the expedition

Lannister the Rich

Depends on whether you care about the GE championship. If a member leaves or is kicked after GE starts, their progress, wherever it was, will still count and it won't increase anymore. In that case, it would be better to let them be in the guild until after the expedition is over.

Vger

Is it better to kick a member from a guild during or after the expedition
The worst time to be booted from a guild would be minutes before the start of next weeks GE. That would sideline the player for the week.
If you are just getting rid of a deadbeat, then it doesn't matter. If you are trying to spank a troublemaker that is active in GE, then...well, there is that option.

Lancer

This is another scenario that sometimes happens as well. If the member is a good loyal member that contributes a good bit with GE, and they are going away for a week or two, and plan on returning; it's best to do it before the start of the next GE, that way he/she won't hurt the guild's combined ratio.
Then anytime after the first new GE that is prior to the returning week that said member is planning on being active again, you may send them a invitation.

DeletedUser

This is another scenario that sometimes happens as well. If the member is a good loyal member that contributes a good bit with GE, and they are going away for a week or two, and plan on returning; it's best to do it before the start of the next GE, that way he/she won't hurt the guild's combined ratio.
Then anytime after the first new GE that is prior to the returning week that said member is planning on being active again, you may send them a invitation.
I've had this policy in a few guilds I've led since GE started. I have them leave on Monday after GE ends, preferably in the morning/early afternoon. Then I immediately send them an invite. They can't accept it until the mandatory 7 day wait is up, but they know that they don't have to depend on my mood or memory when they see the invite is already there. Having them leave as soon after GE ends as possible gives a bigger window for them to get back in the next Monday before GE starts on Tuesday morning, because RL can sometimes interfere, you know. :)

Lancer

I've had this policy in a few guilds I've led since GE started. I have them leave on Monday after GE ends, preferably in the morning/early afternoon. Then I immediately send them an invite. They can't accept it until the mandatory 7 day wait is up, but they know that they don't have to depend on my mood or memory when they see the invite is already there. Having them leave as soon after GE ends as possible gives a bigger window for them to get back in the next Monday before GE starts on Tuesday morning, because RL can sometimes interfere, you know. :)

Exactly! This is the best way of doing it by far.