• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Knight's Pavilion?

Cyrus the Adequate

What is everyone's opinion of the Knight's Pavilion? It seems to me to be incredibly efficient as a unit generator - 2 per day in 4 squares! I just scored 10 of them in my primary word, and now trying to decide if I should start tossing some defense towers or even SoKs overboard to make room for them.
what do you all think?

Pericles the Lion

What is everyone's opinion of the Knight's Pavilion? It seems to me to be incredibly efficient as a unit generator - 2 per day in 4 squares! I just scored 10 of them in my primary word, and now trying to decide if I should start tossing some defense towers or even SoKs overboard to make room for them.
what do you all think?
I think that they're best suited for early era cities with no Traz or a very low level Traz.

Pericles the Lion

How do you define "low level"? It seems that you have to be above level 37 before the units/square balances out
You ask a good question. I think my answer is "it is situational". If a player is working on levelling up their Traz and frequently runs out of units then the KP seems a good idea, perhaps a temporary solution to a unit shortage caused by a lot of fighting and/or low attack/defense boosts. I have a bunch of them in the inventories of my 5 cities but doubt that I will build them. They produce random units and there are a lot of units that I don't use which means 2 units per 4 squares really means 2/5 units per 4 squares in my IA towns where I use Ballistas over 90% of the time. Same thing in my main SAAB city where I only use Nail Storms.

Cyrus the Adequate

You ask a good question. I think my answer is "it is situational". If a player is working on levelling up their Traz and frequently runs out of units then the KP seems a good idea, perhaps a temporary solution to a unit shortage caused by a lot of fighting and/or low attack/defense boosts. I have a bunch of them in the inventories of my 5 cities but doubt that I will build them. They produce random units and there are a lot of units that I don't use which means 2 units per 4 squares really means 2/5 units per 4 squares in my IA towns where I use Ballistas over 90% of the time. Same thing in my main SAAB city where I only use Nail Storms.
Got it- a breech loader from the KP isn't equal to guaranteed howitzers.

Ironrooster

In addition to units they also produce 5 goods. This can be helpful when aging up. The downside is having to use 1up kits every time you age up for each one of them.

I see them as a stopgap until you can get a Royal Bathhouse and/or Alcatraz producing enough units for your needs plus other event buildings producing the goods you need.

I am only using them in my cities in the Iron Age and High Middle Age - these don't have Alcatraz or Royal Bathhouse.

Emberguard

It’s a good building, *BUT* probably wouldn’t be something you’d want to take with you across the ages.

* It’d be a fantastic growth starter for new cities: they can never have enough troops.
* It’s fantastic if you want troops for a specific Age/Era, without tying up your Alcatraz
* It’s fantastic if you‘re a camper and will therefore not have to worry about aging up the building
* It’s fantastic as a temporary building for your immediate growth if you’re struggling with troop production and are willing to tear it down later on once you‘ve outgrown the building

Most players that have well developed cities likely won’t bother with it. But it would help newer cities or those that find Alcatraz isn’t enough for their current needs

Johnny B. Goode

Just to add my two cents worth (overvalued, in some people's opinions), I built one in my Bronze Age city and my two Iron Age cities (none have Traz) but won't even bother trying to win one in my Future Era city that has a Traz. Even a low level Traz trumps an event building that produces only 2 random units, no matter how small the space it takes up. I'd much rather use that space for attack or defense boost for my attacking army. A Traz along with doing GE64 every week should provide enough troops for most players'* needs.

*Not those that are heavily into GvG or GBG maybe, but everybody else.

mineseA

The only reason I use it is because my traz isn't producing any troops from my age other than rogues because I'm using the tech tree for quests. I did research Percussion Fuse but my Rapid Fire Cannon is kinda bad.

The Lady Redneck

I still had a few SOKs, so have replaced them with KPs, I do have a highish level Traz in my main world. (SAV) where we do GvG so the random troops are good for that. In my Diamond farm (FE) I still need to build more strength and level my Traz, so KPs are handy for now.

DevaCat

I can see an edge case for the KPs, but even a low level Traz blows the 2 random units production away. Brand new city, yeah grab it if you can but otherwise no thanks. I’m a little confused by the comment about Rapid Fire Cannon being “kinda bad.” My experience going through that era was that it was a pretty good unit. In another city I aged up last gbg season, so I had to be a bit conservative, but I found myself able to go at least twice the number of encounters before having to replace dead/damaged units. That’s a big positive to me. Ymmv.

Emberguard

I’m a little confused by the comment about Rapid Fire Cannon being “kinda bad.” My experience going through that era was that it was a pretty good unit.
Yeah, there are definitely units that are considered "bad" but are actually pretty good *if* you use them in a particular combination

The Lady Redneck

I’m a little confused by the comment about Rapid Fire Cannon being “kinda bad.”
Me too. In PE my 2 standard troop combos were 2 tanks and 6 rogues, or 3 snipers and 5 RFC Those 2 combos also saw me all the way through ME and PME where the troops really are crap. Conscripts and Armored Cars I kept for fill armies in GvG. I actually recommend PE as an age to camp in to build up GBs and strength and to stock up enough ME and PME goods to get through both those ages fast. Simply because the troops are good.

Agaselle

The Knights Pavillon is the latest addition in my main city. Five are build and produce together ten random units every day .That equals the royal Bathhouse at its full capacity. When in need of more , just got some in my inventory. Thank you Inno , another game piece well done....//