• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Knowing When To Let A Proposal Go

DeletedUser31206

I feel that some players don't know when to let their proposals go/die. If you only got 1 or 2 people that support your proposal and lots more against it then give about 3 arguments to try to get them to change their minds (without insulting anyone). If after the 3rd time you still haven't changed their mind than it's probably time to let your proposal go/die.

DeletedUser31440

I feel that some players don't know when to let their proposals go/die. If you only got 1 or 2 people that support your proposal and lots more against it then give about 3 arguments to try to get them to change their minds (without insulting anyone). If after the 3rd time you still haven't changed their mind than it's probably time to let your proposal go/die.

Why would you do that when all proposals die after the voting stage anyways? Fight tooth and nail to get your idea, however crappy, to the voting stage after that it will disappear into oblivion like all the others. So if you can get it to the voting stage it's a success? This may be a better arguement against making proposals in the first place, but I do enjoy making a good irreverant proposal...

DeletedUser31882

Or put it up for a vote.

Some people are stubborn and will refuse to change their stance. Some people are wrong. Some people like arguing. Some people are lurking and not weighing in.

As long as there is a civil discussion, there is never a reason to let a proposal go/die.

So, I'd vote no. ;)

DeletedUser31206

Or put it up for a vote.

Some people are stubborn and will refuse to change their stance. Some people are wrong. Some people like arguing. Some people are lurking and not weighing in.

As long as there is a civil discussion, there is never a reason to let a proposal go/die.

So, I'd vote no. ;)
This isn't a proposal. It's just a thought that I had.

qaccy

If a discussion ever gets to the point where people are talking in circles, I'm not much a fan of that. But a lot of the time this isn't really the 'fault' of the proposal, as people can be stubborn and it's really hard for someone to change their mind about something even when the discussion seems to indicate that their way of thinking isn't the most well-informed (an opinion can never be flat-out wrong, because an opinion isn't even fact in the first place).

I will add in though, that I've seen a lot of 'proposals' (usually the ones that end up being moved to this section) that are more just somebody ranting about a particular part of the game they had a bad experience with, rather than a traditional proposal.

However, discussion in the forums should be encouraged if the above is not happening. If you personally feel like the discussion's gone on for 'too long' and others do not, nobody's compelling you to participate any further.

Mustapha00

Let-it-Go_0.jpg