1. Changelog 1.161

Hello Queens and Kings,
    The update to 1.161 will take place on Wed, Sept 18, 2019. There will be a short period of downtime during the update, we apologize for any inconvenience caused during this time.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GvG Improvements Update

Hello Queens and Kings,
    First up, we wanted to thank you once again for taking the time to continue to contribute your feedback on the upcoming changes to Forge of Empires, especially in relation to Guild Battlegrounds.
    For the detailed description of the upcoming changes, please see the details here.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Kracken level dropped from 75 to 1 this morning. Others reporting similar issue.

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Rynath, Nov 8, 2017.

1. Rynath

Rynath New Member

Yesterday my kracken was around level 75 and had 600+ fps of donators on it. When i logged in this morning it was level 1. I confirmed others with high level krackens on O world have experienced a similar issue. There was also a report of an inno tower losing 20 levels.

Ticket has been opened. Please resolve this asap!

2. Firefighter1466

Firefighter1466 New Member

Worlds:
    Vingrid
    Vingrid is experiencing this as well, though it seems to be only select buildings. Only the two highest Krakens that I've been able to confirm, one being mine the other being my buddy - mine was high 20s his was low 30s - If this is related to the Oracle of Delphi issue you guys posted about, you've royally messed up because none of us even know anyone with one in V..

3. Rynath

Rynath New Member

Same here with oracle. I dont own one, nor have I dontated to one. All fps on my kracken were from my fp inventory earned by my arc and/or arc partners.

4. Firefighter1466

Worlds:
    Vingrid
    Same here, I generally have between 15-25k FP on hand to spend, and me and a buddy have been taking 1st on each other for some time now and spreading out 2nd-5th through our guilds to have a guarantee 1st and not run out of prints.

5. ODragon

ODragon Well-Known Member

Maybe your Arc partners were exploiting it?

6. Firefighter1466

Worlds:
    Vingrid
    Not a helpful comment, even if there were someone exploiting it, it wouldn't explain 75 levels of a GB being removed or in Vingrid 20+ levels being removed.. They would only remove FP from the people who were exploiting, not from the entire GB just because someone who exploited was on it.

Toppcatt likes this.
  7. Rynath

Rynath New Member

I’ve been working with these guys for a year now. None of them have an oracle. As far as I know there is only 1 person on O that has one and it was level 3. Dont think that 60k+ of fps on my kracken came from that.

More likely this is a screw up from the devs and they need to resolve it asap.

Big Baloney likes this.
  8. ODragon

ODragon Well-Known Member

Sorry you feel that way, not my intent. I am trying to be helpful. The announcement said GBs would lose levels.

I'm not saying that they didn't mess up how they did it, just that that is why some are losing levels.

9. psyrox2k

psyrox2k Member

10. psyrox2k

psyrox2k Member

The exploit he's talking about is specific to Oracle of Delphi building. They raised the FP price for leveling that specific GB. Not saying it didn't adversely cause the effect of the other GBs, but I think it was a seperate issue resolved in a seperate way.

11. belgawrath

belgawrath New Member

Same thing happening in Tuulech - a whole bunch of high level Krakens, mine included were reset to either level 1 or 0.

12. stritzj

stritzj New Member

The Announcement regarding Oracle of Delphi might be why they have lowered GB levels for many players. this is ridiculous by the way as I have seen lots of GBs with 20 to 50 to even 70+ levels below where they were. Not to mention I know no one who even has an Oracle of Delphi nor have I even seen one so if this is the reason Inno has done this and according to the Announcement was done by Inno on purpose then they are hugely mistaken and I dont think I will play this game anymore. Anyway the announcement below.

"We are very aware that, for a short time, the design of the Oracle allowed for a higher generation of Forge Points than the amounts invested in the building.

This was obviously not the intended functionality, which is why we have now adjusted the level up requirements of the Great Building.

As this has introduced a huge amount of unintended Forge Points into the game which would have long-term consequences for the balance of the game and as we don’t want to reward the exploitation of design flaws, we will remove those forge points from the game in the coming days, even if they have been invested in Great Buildings.

As a result, some players will see some of their Great Buildings lose levels, however we don’t currently intend to suspend players for the use of this.

Please be aware that our support will not be able to assist you in re-gaining Forge Points or other items you may have lost due to this. This step was not an easy one for us to decide on, but we think it is crucial for the future and health of the game that this kind of thing cannot be abused, and we will endeavour to pay closer attention to the balance for future content updates.

We would also like to remind you that the abuse of game design flaws – as outlined in our game rules – is not allowed in the game.

Thank you for your understanding while we work on solving this in a manner that is best for a balanced game environment."

I think this is ridiculous...I haven't even seen an Oracle of Delphi nor do I know anyone with one?

13. stritzj

stritzj New Member

Oh and on U world it isn't just Kraken it is Arc and others also.

14. belgawrath

belgawrath New Member

I complained to Inno - this is response I received:
    Thank You for contacting the U.S Forge Of Empires Support Team.

You have broken the game rule #7

7. BugsEach player is required to report serious errors immediately to the Forge of Empires Team. A player is not allowed to knowingly take advantage of bugs.If you notice that a player is abusing a bug in the game you must report him.If you notice a spelling error or typo, you are not obligated to report it, however you are encouraged to do so for the improvement of the game

You have been exploiting the wrong balancing of Oracle of Delphi and as a punishment your Kraken has been downgraded to lv1

15. OmegaLee

OmegaLee Member

I've never seen anyone with an Oracle. I will be watching my GB closely the next few days.

If I get screwed with a building going down in levels, it may be the end of the game for me. I better not get shafted if someone else abusing this put stuff on my GB.

Toppcatt likes this.
  16. belgawrath

belgawrath New Member

End of the game for me if they don't fix, plus I want any money I have spent back.

Toppcatt likes this.
  17. Firefighter1466

Worlds:
    Vingrid
  18. Stephen Longshanks

Stephen Longshanks Forum Moderator

Possibly they are finally addressing the Arc issue. It would be kind of hypocritical to address an imbalance with the lowly new Oracle, yet leave the long-standing imbalance with the lofty Arc untouched. Unfortunately, Inno's communication skills on what they are doing in various areas have been rather lacking lately.:(

InfamousChan likes this.
  19. OmegaLee

OmegaLee Member

I'm seeing people that got hit using the word "quit". I hope this mess gets resolved quickly.

Big Baloney likes this.
  20. Tiger - the emperor

Tiger - the emperor New Member

So developers introduce bug. Some random player exploit the bug to make a few FPs. Then several players who never knew about the bug, has got nothing to do with this new GB gets their GBs nerfed because INNO messed up!
    I have never seen a oracle GB. This is the first time I hearing one exists. I got my GBs nerfed. Why!