• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Browser] LAG (particularly in relation to GvG)

DeletedUser4770

Dear Players:

Some of you wrote to me but I wanted to make sure you all had the same information. We apologize for the lag you have experienced. I wanted to give you all an update on what's been happening here at Forge.

As you may know, on Wednesday evening October 9th, we had a number of players report to us that game lag was to the point of being "unplayable". The game technicians were able to trace the lag issue. It was corrected quickly which we appreciated however, it did affect players at recalc time making it more pronounced than normal. We put in place procedures where we could respond more quickly should something like this happen again (lag on a larger scale to where the game is "unusable"). *

*A point to make, this affected all players equally. We don't have a way to target one guild over another.

On Thursday October 10th, some worlds were much improved but some still saw significant lag and the game technicians got to work immediately on this issue. It was corrected as quickly as possible and items were put in place to improve this even further for upcoming days.

Again, while we understand that lag is something that is present more than any of us would like, should you see "worse than normal" lag, please let us know as soon as possible (place it in capital letters to grab our attention, if need be) as we work to correct this as quickly as possible.

For the past week, the tech team have worked hard to improve lag and have made special provisions for tonight. We are hoping you see marked improvement. Should you experience profound lag (and oh, I hope you do not), this information might help.

IN AN INGAME TICKET ONLY
- Which world were you playing when you experienced this specifically?
- When did it begin and end?
- Which specific action is slow? Specific ones or all actions? Did this occur more than once?
- Which browser or mobile device were you using?
- Which internet provider do you use?​

Thank you for working with us on this. We appreciate your dedication to the game! Forge on!

Panacea
Community Manager
Forge of Empires, U.S.

P.S.- I will ask that if you respond to this open letter that you remain civil and also, DO NOT place any personal information, like the answers to the questions I posed. This thread should be for general conversation about this issue and not the specifics of your account. Thank you.