• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

lame prizes

DeletedUser8420

Enough with the lame prizes...fragments of items...upgrades to items not offered yet...boosts that actually boost the opposition and not our own troops....are you kidding me? What lamebrain thinks these are great prizes? Fragments those are the worse...if you don't want to give something out then don't , but fragments (sigh) get real.

Super Catanian

Defense Boosts boost your assigned defending army, if you even have one. Attack Boosts boost your army that you use to attack, if you even attack.
Yes, many of us don't like fragments, but something is better than nothing, so...
Since when have we received upgrades to items not offered yet? You probably missed said item while it was still a daily special, and only managed to snag the upgrade. Anyways, keep it, you might need it later on.

DeletedUser8420

I used the attack boosts only to find that my troops got hammered worse with then without it. This happened more then once and was confirmed. Activating an attack boost in a GE battle will increase the number of opponents defense troops. Defense boosts are only for your city's defense and if you have a solid defense the boosts are useless. Besides why spend on a boost when you can use a shield.

DeletedUser8428

Enough with the lame prizes...fragments of items...upgrades to items not offered yet...boosts that actually boost the opposition and not our own troops....are you kidding me? What lamebrain thinks these are great prizes? Fragments those are the worse...if you don't want to give something out then don't , but fragments (sigh) get real.
Events aren't required. If you don't want what they're handing out, then don't waste your time.

Super Catanian

Activating an attack boost in a GE battle will increase the number of opponents defense troops.
Wrong; the more encounters you solve, the stronger the armies become. That's what makes the GE challenging.

Besides why spend on a boost when you can use a shield.
Because last time I checked, a city shield is more expensive than a defense boost. Plus, if the attacker has great boosts, having a solid defense is not enough. You're going to need all the boosts you can get.

DeletedUser

I used the attack boosts only to find that my troops got hammered worse with then without it. This happened more then once and was confirmed. Activating an attack boost in a GE battle will increase the number of opponents defense troops. Defense boosts are only for your city's defense and if you have a solid defense the boosts are useless. Besides why spend on a boost when you can use a shield.
None of this is true.
A) No one with Inno has ever confirmed that your troops fared better without an attack boost than with one.
B) Activating an attack boost for GE (or any other battle, for that matter) has no effect on what type/strength/size army you will face.
C) And finally, you can't have a solid city defense without defense boost. Any, and I do mean any city defense without a significant defense boost (way more than what the Tavern can provide) can not be considered "solid" in any way, shape or form. That's just a reality of the game.

DeletedUser33179

You dislike fragments of anything. Got it. Thanks for sharing.

Super Catanian

None of this is true.
A) No one with Inno has ever confirmed that your troops fared better without an attack boost than with one.
B) Activating an attack boost for GE (or any other battle, for that matter) has no effect on what type/strength/size army you will face.
C) And finally, you can't have a solid city defense without defense boost. Any, and I do mean any city defense without a significant defense boost (way more than what the Tavern can provide) can not be considered "solid" in any way, shape or form. That's just a reality of the game.
Thank you!! You explained it better than I did! :p

RaveWolf

I'm not sure if this still applies as I don't use Inventory Boosts anymore, but I must be honest, I did notice the same issue a few times before.
I must try them again to see for myself.

The only way I can think of testing this theory out is on the continent map, and checking first for two spots that have identical unit layouts.

I have also noticed from time to time that I do better without Infiltrating than with.

It's not a major issue, so haven't really worried about it.

DeletedUser

I'm not sure if this still applies as I don't use Inventory Boosts anymore, but I must be honest, I did notice the same issue a few times before.
I must try them again to see for myself.

The only way I can think of testing this theory out is on the continent map, and checking first for two spots that have identical unit layouts.

I have also noticed from time to time that I do better without Infiltrating than with.

It's not a major issue, so haven't really worried about it.
I fight GE all the way through on Vingrid, and I have done it in the same era for months. I have also done it all with and without the Tavern boost and with an ever-increasing boost from GBs and special/event buildings, and the defense makeup and boost strength never changes.

DeletedUser8420

None of this is true.

EXCUSE YOU!!! It was confirmed by game support ...Part of message when I asked and got this reply

"Next, if you check your opponents defense numbers before activating an attack boost, especially for GE, you will find that the opponents defense numbers increase after activation"
Hiram
Ingame Moderator
Forge of Empires, U.S.

Algona

EXCUSE YOU!!! It was confirmed by game support ...Part of message when I asked and got this reply

"Next, if you check your opponents defense numbers before activating an attack boost, especially for GE, you will find that the opponents defense numbers increase after activation"
Hiram
Ingame Moderator
Forge of Empires, U.S.

You're wrong as usual. The in-game mod is wrong, that's not unusual.

Stepehen Longshanks is right. That's not unusual either.

I've fought 18 months of CE GE 64. The boosts and armies haven't changed. I just started CE GE in my second city a few weeks ago. Same armies and boosts.

I just opened an Encounter, noted the defense boost, 65. Activated one of my Attack Boosts, the DA boost was still 65. Backed out of game, came back in and checked and the defensive boost was

95?

No, just kidding, it was still 65.

DeletedUser

Hiram
Ingame Moderator
Forge of Empires, U.S.
Well, I don't know where he got that, but he's wrong. It doesn't change. I now have 2 worlds in CE and fight through all 4 levels of GE on both of them. They each have different boost levels, and I sometimes use the Tavern boost and sometimes don't. And the defense army boost/makeup/size stays the same regardless.

Jern2017

Insulting the developers. Classy. I'm sure they'll listen to you. Stay put for an apology for offering "lame" prizes and a letter thanking you for your insight soon.

Freshmeboy

Well, Cass has a point...some of the prizes are pretty lame..like having just a sip of morning coffee or one lick of an ice cream cone or one potato chip..tasty but not quite satisfying. That being said, I view some of the prizes as lame, or low value, because I'm an ensconced player with a relatively powerful fp city. But my newer city loves all that schlock, bring it on, bring it all and bring it now.....it's a matter of perspective and while I'm a veteran player, the events and their prizes are geared towards upwardly mobile cities. Besides, I have been given a great power...the power of DELETE if I so choose....Amazing how these threads seem to tie together during major events...

Agent327

I used the attack boosts only to find that my troops got hammered worse with then without it. This happened more then once and was confirmed. Activating an attack boost in a GE battle will increase the number of opponents defense troops.

OMG. Another one complaining cause they do not understand the game.

RazorbackPirate

What exactly are you expecting? These are the same prizes they offer in every event. It's all about the main prizes or featured buildings, the rest is schlock, as always.
I view some of the prizes as lame, or low value, because I'm an ensconced player with a relatively powerful fp city. But my newer city loves all that schlock, bring it on, bring it all and bring it now.....it's a matter of perspective and while I'm a veteran player, the events and their prizes are geared towards upwardly mobile cities.
Same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ...

DeletedUser37581

What exactly are you expecting? These are the same prizes they offer in every event. It's all about the main prizes or featured buildings, the rest is schlock, as always.

Same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ... same as it ever was ...
And the complaints are the prizes are the "same as it ever was" also.

mamboking053

Well...I do think there are a lot of lame prizes in the game for sure. I haven't really cared much for the fragments since it generally will take as much time to piece one together as it would to win one whole one, and both take a fairly long time. The only time I get real good fragment drops is during the event, but during the event I get whole SoK's. That goes for WW's as well. I think the fragments are Inno's way of giving you something to fiddle with while you wait.

I actually went for a while without realizing that the defense boosts from tavern only apply to city defense. It actually gave me the confidence to fight into GE4 since it was the only reason I even tried fighting in it at all. I don't bother with them anyway. The only people who get through my defense have outrageous offense- the kind where the types of boosts I can get in the tavern mean little and because the highest boost will last three days...not a good option at all.

The Dailies are full of bum prizes, and it sort of pisses me off when you spend resources to consistently land on the worst option (especially when the event items are concerned). The GE items were infamous and the ToR solution is controversial.

The only thing I can say is that if you keep playing you will eventually reach a point in the game where you don't really care about dailies or the randomized items. Your resources are such that you can complete the requirements offhand while you focus on more interesting aspects of the game. I've said it before, this game is half slot machine. Play the randomized aspects and expect to lose more often than not. But also realize that they can't increase the frequency of these item drops or it would allow people to grow to quickly and become bored that much faster.

The value of the experience is all in the chase, I suppose.

Last edited: