• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Largest city ?

DeletedUser28477

Just curios. has anyone found a really big city ?

- a high age
- theyve unlocked all their possible land-packages as prizes/rewards
- theyve used diamonds at each age to unlock more land.

Just curious - on how big a city can be if the maximum land areas are unlocked..

DeletedUser29933

next time you hit build, take note of the shaded area.

DeletedUser28670

I'm guessing there aren't enough expansions to cover it all but I may be wrong.
Nope, you are right.

From http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Expansion

"There is a maximum of 31 expansions unlocked through medals, 34 premium expansions unlocked by diamonds only and 81 expansions (46 by research, 35 by conquest on the campaign map) unlocked through coins/diamonds.

There are currently 207 expansion plots in the city build area, but only 162 known expansions.

The player can get expansions for their city by:

• 16 expansions from the start.
  • 46 coin (or diamond) expansions, obtained through research.
  • 35 coin (or diamond) expansions, obtained from conquests on the campaign map.
  • 31 victory (medal) expansions – medals are obtained from tower competitions, contribution rewards of Great Buildings, from medal packages during special events, and special buildings you can build in your city.
  • 34 diamond expansions (2 per age) – new expansions are available when the player reaches a new age. "

DeletedUser29933

Thank you LM! realized i didn't answer the question and was going to update..but already covered!

DeletedUser26560

Nope, you are right.

From http://forgeofempires.wikia.com/wiki/Expansion

"There is a maximum of 31 expansions unlocked through medals, 34 premium expansions unlocked by diamonds only and 81 expansions (46 by research, 35 by conquest on the campaign map) unlocked through coins/diamonds.

There are currently 207 expansion plots in the city build area, but only 162 known expansions.

The player can get expansions for their city by:

• 16 expansions from the start.
  • 46 coin (or diamond) expansions, obtained through research.
  • 35 coin (or diamond) expansions, obtained from conquests on the campaign map.
  • 31 victory (medal) expansions – medals are obtained from tower competitions, contribution rewards of Great Buildings, from medal packages during special events, and special buildings you can build in your city.
  • 34 diamond expansions (2 per age) – new expansions are available when the player reaches a new age. "

Having limited expansions in a game like this is DUM as hell and has me wondering if I should even bother to continue to play.
I find that every game online has some kind of GOTCHA built in. WHY do they do such foolishness, kinda defeats the purpose of the game altogether.
I am severely disappointed.

DeletedUser35877

I know of a monster sized IA city. Aedesia the Hunter on Xyr has most of the medals expansions and campaign map expansions in play.

DeletedUser27889

It looks like the wiki was updated for VF so assuming that's true that's 146 expansions on top of the 16 you get in game, that would bring you to this:

Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 8.31.35 AM.png

I'm pretty sure I could pinpoint several players who have every expansion possible. As an aside though, here is that amount of space with every GB currently in the game smushed in it.
Screen Shot 2018-07-29 at 8.35.17 AM.png

They would take up only about half, granted road connections would need to be considered.

I think it would be safe to assume every person at the top of the hood most likely has every available expansion for their era, and possibly the map expansions for an era or two ahead as well. If they have a high arc then it is a good chance they also have all the medal expansions. The diamond expansions do get more expensive later on but they are the most valuable thing to spend diamonds on. Even if someone is just gathering them from GE and wishing wells the expansions should be the main thing they are gathering them for.