• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Layout/strategy for Diamond farm

DeletedUser30312

Which would probably be the column layout she's talking about.

Cleavus

When I first started doing diamond farms from scratch I decided to set up my towns with rows instead of columns. Now that I have more Wishing Wells than I can fit on all my farms, my focus has shifted to getting WW shrink kits. As they are 3x2, a column layout is more efficient and I am slowly changing my layout on all diamond farming worlds.

Cool! can you post a pic bud? cheers

Jern2017

Alright, I figured out how to use the city planner.

Here's my diamond farm. I didn't place the expansions in the best way, but I did my best to effectively use the space I have available.

I use three Sleigh Builders to produce goods.

I also have the Tower of Babel, but I'm thinking about deleting it since I don't really need population (thoughts?).

I have the Contestants Estate, Statue of Zeus and Pirate Ship to help with my offensive boosts as I fight when a quest or DC requires me to win a certain amount of battles or defeat units. I also get some extra FP from the Ship.

I use some Watchfires as space fillers.

I have some Aqueducts to keep my population enthusiastic.

I have some Blacksmiths for completing quests that require me to finish a certain amount of various production times.

I currently have 56 WWs/FoYs built and four more WWs in my inventory.

Attachments

• diamond farm.PNG
    diamond farm.PNG
    724.7 KB · Views: 40

Emberguard

What about HC or the SV? Those give diamonds too.
HC would fit 6 Small WWs (not looking at road connections). Fan wiki says lvl 91 HC is nearing 50% success rate and 10 hits

Assuming the fan wiki is reasonably accurate about WW diamond drop rates a hyper lvl'd HC is equivalent of 5 Small WWs taking up the space of 6 Small WWs or 4 normal sized WWs

So what about them? If you need the goods and rogues I'd get the HC. If you don't I'd base the decision on how far and fast you can lvl it. If you're leaving it at a low lvl then whether it's worth getting for a diamond farm would be determined by whether you need the non-diamond aspects to complete GE. Assuming of course you're using the diamond farm with the sole goal of maximising diamond output for time put in and not playing the city as a normal city

Also keep in mind HC and SV give refined goods while WWs give unrefined. So the age of the city would play a big part in the worth of those GBs for a diamond farm that does GE

Last edited:

DeletedUser40467

Forgive the ignorance of a newbie, but what is the benefit of having a diamond farm?

Jern2017

Diamonds are shared across all worlds. That means that if you get 50 diamonds in world A, you also get them in world B. The same goes if you spend them.

You can spend the diamonds you get from your diamond farm in your main world.