• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Layout/strategy for Diamond farm

DeletedUser31440

Capture.PNG
This the one I'm building on Y.
OoD - 8
Obs - 4
ToB - 4
LoA - 2
Ebony x 4
Cloth x 4
Marble x 3
Wine x 3

I'm going to level the ToB to get rid of houses. I'm making more coins in aid events than I use, so I could get rid of all the houses. I want to put down a ToR when I get the full set of prints. If I decide to increase goods production higher I can level up the LoA to bring supply production up to meet it, but with the supplies from GE I think I might be fine already. Houses will disappear from the bottom left up opening an avenue for Fountains of Youth as I get them.

I don't actually need to do any of the above I could stop leveling GB's and be able to do GE4 indefinitely, but I want to build a row of FoY's in and muck around with it more from there. I suppose I'll eventually get a Chateau so I can make the most of the events that have diamonds for rewards, I'm happy with it for now though.

Algona

Best Diamond mine seems to be a city that can go through GE lvl 4 each week.

Earns a couple hundred Diamonds from GE per week and has a shot at FoY (I'm at 10 and counting). With the introduction of the new Autobattle from Army Management, my CE city completes all 64 Encounters in 1.5 fays and about 1 hour of game time.

Of course it took nearly 3 years to set this city up...

DeletedUser29563

Lots of discussion, and rightly so!, on strategy. But unless it's just stupidly obvious, how should I set up my diamond farm?

Today is wishing well day for winter event, so that seems great? and other than that just get goods to negotiate GE?
Glad you asked....I have recently started setting up a couple for myself. And was wondering the same things

DeletedUser31498

Right so in general, whatever strategy (fighting for some, negotiating for others) best allows you to beat GE4, and then as many wishing wells as you can get?

What's the expected diamond intake for a week in GE? And are the prizes always the same (with the exception of the 64th 50/50)?

And question for the negotiators: How often do you need to use the boost. 8 choices seems to be where it's really tough to win with 3 guesses?

DeletedUser31498

View attachment 9012
This the one I'm building on Y.
OoD - 8
Obs - 4
ToB - 4
LoA - 2
Ebony x 4
Cloth x 4
Marble x 3
Wine x 3

I'm going to level the ToB to get rid of houses. I'm making more coins in aid events than I use, so I could get rid of all the houses. I want to put down a ToR when I get the full set of prints. If I decide to increase goods production higher I can level up the LoA to bring supply production up to meet it, but with the supplies from GE I think I might be fine already. Houses will disappear from the bottom left up opening an avenue for Fountains of Youth as I get them.

I don't actually need to do any of the above I could stop leveling GB's and be able to do GE4 indefinitely, but I want to build a row of FoY's in and muck around with it more from there. I suppose I'll eventually get a Chateau so I can make the most of the events that have diamonds for rewards, I'm happy with it for now though.
So the two butchers with level 2 LoA are enough to fuel the goods buildings? What production time do you set? 4 hours to jive with housing?

I was thinking of investing in a capitol, but getting BPs is super annoying and just clear all the housing, but if your setup allows plenty of goods then no need I suppose.

DeletedUser31440

So the two butchers with level 2 LoA are enough to fuel the goods buildings? What production time do you set? 4 hours to jive with housing?

I was thinking of investing in a capitol, but getting BPs is super annoying and just clear all the housing, but if your setup allows plenty of goods then no need I suppose.

With the OoD and the 2 butchers I'm making about 2000 extra a day. The extra supplies may be coming from GE rewards though, as long as my supplies keep going up I don't investigate deep into where they're coming from. I'm keeping the butchers on 24 hour productions and running 8-8-4 on the goods buildings.

I was initially thinking about the Capital but I'm producing fine without it.
Right so in general, whatever strategy (fighting for some, negotiating for others) best allows you to beat GE4, and then as many wishing wells as you can get?

What's the expected diamond intake for a week in GE? And are the prizes always the same (with the exception of the 64th 50/50)?

And question for the negotiators: How often do you need to use the boost. 8 choices seems to be where it's really tough to win with 3 guesses?

I only use the extra turn boost from the tavern, so I use it throughout all stages of GE, let's me minimize goods losses on lower levels as well.

DeletedUser30312

This is how my Wishing Well farm over on Parkog is set up:

wishingwells.jpg

8 wells and a Hedge Maze, ToR to capitalize on the GE. Chateau for RQ exploitation, collected the EMA diamonds and now boosting goods rewards. ToB, LoA, Kiosk and 8 Tribal Squares generating goods. Trading for the goods to build a FoD which will replace the small cluster of blacksmiths near the Town Hall, and the 2 Tribal Squares near the Chat will be replaced with a Seed Vault eventually. Possibly I could dump some of those barracks for more WWs since I don't fight with the city, and I have a decent number of units from the GE.

Last edited by a moderator:

DeletedUser26120

Very nice. I have 10 wishing wells and about 16 fountains of youth in V world. Didn't intend it to be a diamond farm, just like those buildings. But now that I'm more active in Z, it is indeed a diamond farm and I've definitely got my eye on removing some things to place more.

I'd say I get diamonds about 6 to 8 times a month off them. With residuals from GE that starts to add up a bit.

DeletedUser30312

Yeah, I had three cities that I set up to hit the RQs over and over for diamonds, then I found out that the diamonds only get rewarded once. However, since I'd won 2 WWs in the 2016 Fall Event on Parkog, I decided to salvage it into a WW farm and do the GE on it to win more. It's about a year's worth of work in that one. I don't really worry too much about events in the city, though I did push hard for that Hedge Maze since it went well with the overall strategy, and I just go for WWs on the big seasonal events. Haven't gotten any FoYs out of the GE yet, nor WW from before the introduction of the FoYs.

Salsuero

Best Diamond mine seems to be a city that can go through GE lvl 4 each week.

Except, for the first time, I got exactly ZERO diamonds from completing level 4 this week... oh and a Store Building to rub salt in the wound.

DeletedUser31592

Except, for the first time, I got exactly ZERO diamonds from completing level 4 this week... oh and a Store Building to rub salt in the wound.

I didn't get any diamonds in two cites- one through Level 4 and one (Y) through level 3. Very disappointing. Luckily another city got 335 on its own. Still a disappointing 685 for 6 cities. This was my first time doing the GE in Y. I usually get at least that with just the 5 cities.

Salsuero

I didn't get any diamonds in two cites- one through Level 4 and one (Y) through level 3. Very disappointing. Luckily another city got 335 on its own. Still a disappointing 685 for 6 cities. This was my first time doing the GE in Y. I usually get at least that with just the 5 cities.

Yeah, it wasn't a very Merry Christmas from Inno this week for diamonds in GE.

DeletedUser31498

View attachment 9015

8 wells and a Hedge Maze, ToR to capitalize on the GE. Chateau for RQ exploitation, collected the EMA diamonds and now boosting goods rewards. ToB, LoA, Kiosk and 8 Tribal Squares generating goods. Trading for the goods to build a FoD which will replace the small cluster of blacksmiths near the Town Hall, and the 2 Tribal Squares near the Chat will be replaced with a Seed Vault eventually. Possibly I could dump some of those barracks for more WWs since I don't fight with the city, and I have a decent number of units from the GE.

I don't even think I have room for a ToR. I have LoA, Babel, OoD, and thats it for the GBs. I can fight most of way through level 3 with no attack boost, so not sure worth building zeus. I really need more medal expansions.

What do you RQ? doesnt seem set up for many.

DeletedUser30312

I do Excellent Boots x2 three times, Coins about 4-5 times, and of course the Unbirthday. Fnord for EMA is 15000 coins; the Chateau makes a bit over 14000, so I hit that, a house, and 2 guild mates for one. The second Fnord is easily accomplished with 4 Tribal Squares and a WW if it makes coins. Then I still have enough for 2 or 3 more. I'm not doing Heavy Questing here, but is a supplement to the strategy.

DeletedUser35439

I would love to get some directions on starting up a farm. I set one up already, but it was a yr ago and based on old info. Additionally, I see farms with different setups. A lot still have blacksmiths, even though they're LMA. Others stay in IA perpetually w/o unlocking fighting, so there is never a possibility of getting plundered. Others build several GBs, while others build no GBs. Some farms are heavy on army, while others are heavy on goods. I understand most of the logic, but some isn't clear to me. Is there a guide on setting up a farm somewhere?

wolfhoundtoo

I would love to get some directions on starting up a farm. I set one up already, but it was a yr ago and based on old info. Additionally, I see farms with different setups. A lot still have blacksmiths, even though they're LMA. Others stay in IA perpetually w/o unlocking fighting, so there is never a possibility of getting plundered. Others build several GBs, while others build no GBs. Some farms are heavy on army, while others are heavy on goods. I understand most of the logic, but some isn't clear to me. Is there a guide on setting up a farm somewhere?

A lot of 'farms' these days are working GE as you can win a lot of diamonds from the level IV of GE. Others are likely using the black smiths for the Daily challenges. Why you aren't winning diamonds you can win event buildings that can be utilized to improve your city. I don't think anyone's provided a comprehension view of 'diamond farms' to account for the various goals of the individual farms.

My advice is simple: Don't over think it. You want to win diamonds there are 2 basic paths. GE and completing level IV GE (whether by fighting or negotiating or a combination of both) or having a ton of wishing wells. GE is much better if you can do GE IV than the wishing wells as the chances of getting diamonds is much better than relying on the wishing well to provide diamonds.