• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

leaving a guild to join another one inquiry

• Thread starter DeletedUser40061
  • Start date

DeletedUser40061

silly question i know but...
if one decides to leave a guild to join another one on his own accord, would that "friend" who invited the person be offended?

DeletedUser40061

ah good tip. thx. love your avatar, im an avid cat lover btw. meow!

Lancer

That depends on the friend. My opinion: let the friend who invited you know that you are leaving and explain to them why you are doing so, whether the guild just wasn't what you thought it would be or if you are looking for a guild that has something specific.

I second this response.

DeletedUser40061

mind you iam thinking out loud here. not really going to change guilds just yet.

DeletedUser27889

Not all guilds fit with all people. While I do know some people who would take such a thing as the highest of offenses those aren't really people you'd want to be playing with anyway.

Emberguard

Yeah there are some that take people leaving a guild personally because they view that as them failing to build up the guild, but you can't control a guild because you don't own the people. (guess that's also why people don't like being plundered?)

Most people won't take it personally though it doesn't hurt to left them know beforehand.

DeletedUser40061

i have already hinted to my buddy about leaving guild, havent heard from him yet outside of foe. i just feel like trying out new one..i call it guild hopping. he's a nice bloke and im sure he wont take offence to me leaving..why because so far, i havent really contributed in anything to help fellow guild members is why

RazorbackPirate

Finding the right guild is like finding the right girlfriend. It takes a while to find the right one and no matter what you do, some are going to take offense, simply because it wasn't them you finally settled in with. No point settling in with the wrong guild just to be nice, it only leads to resentment.

DeletedUser40061

ok thx. i will take that to heart and stick with my buddy's guild. its good to pick up helpful tips from people who know all there is to know about playing this game. someday soon, i too will become knowledgable and pass it on to new members. for now, expect a multitutude of questions, ranging from simple to complex:eek: