• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Less Stupid events

• Thread starter DeletedUser38432
  • Start date

DeletedUser38432

The last few events just sucked. The Archeology one was awful. This last soccer event that broke up rewards into 4 weeks simply screwed players by not giving them back leftover energy drinks. Also, the first week reward for Bronze did not match the subsequent weeks for Bronze which, once again, SCREWS players with inconsistent rewards. I missed maxing a second altar because of this lame/unfair practice. These events are just idiotic. IF you want my money, stop the unfair stupidity.

barra370804

The last few events just sucked. The Archeology one was awful. This last soccer event that broke up rewards into 4 weeks simply screwed players by not giving them back leftover energy drinks. Also, the first week reward for Bronze did not match the subsequent weeks for Bronze which, once again, SCREWS players with inconsistent rewards. I missed maxing a second altar because of this lame/unfair practice. These events are just idiotic. IF you want my money, stop the unfair stupidity.
woah there tiger, no need to get upset. I don't think that the proposals section is the place for this complaint. Maybe start a thread in the debate hall about which event was the best? If you want events to be "better," at least be more specific about what you want them to do not just, "this was awful , that was awful, make it all better! I'm telling you I didn't like it, but I'm not suggesting a solution just FIND one or my measly funds will go to some other game!"

Agent327

Steps of a Proposal

1. Go to the Proposals section
  2. Check the Do Not Suggest List
  3. If your proposal is not on the DNSL check the Frequently Proposed Ideas and do a forum Search to see if it’s already been suggested
  4. If you can’t find a similar proposal then Properly Format your proposal
  5. Submit Proposal
  6. Wait at least two weeks
  7. If multiple people support your Proposal you can at this point Submit it for Nomination
  8. At this point “moderators will review it and decide if a poll will be created or if it needs further discussion first”
  9. If successful your Proposal will be Submitted for Vote
  10. If successful it should be Submitted to Inno
  11. For various reasons a Proposal may end up in the Closed/Archived section, if that happens they state “...try re working the text and create a new proposal thread for it.”
  12. If a Proposal goes through to Inno I’m not exactly sure what happens at that point
  13. Never add a Poll to your own Proposal
  14. If you get slushpuppy responses try to ignore it
  15. Disclaimer: I am not a mod. Just a very helpful person

DeletedUser8428

No one is forced to play them, just opt out .

DeletedUser40495

The last few events just sucked.
How? The prizes have been better than ever! And for all events this year anyone who finished the quest line and logged in every day could get the grand prize in each one without spending a single diamond. (Provided they played the event properly ex: not focusing too heavily on vases in the archeology event)

Once again, how does that suck?

The Archeology one was awful
The Worlds Fair at level 10 gives 10 FP for a 4 by 6 space. Even at levels 8 and 9 the FP production is incredible. How could an event with a grand prize like that be awful?

This last soccer event that broke up rewards into 4 weeks simply screwed players by not giving them back leftover energy drinks.
You mean the ones they already spent? Suddenly you want double credit for your event currency?

Also, the first week reward for Bronze did not match the subsequent weeks for Bronze which, once again, SCREWS players with inconsistent rewards.
Well are you complaining that Inno made the rewards better for the remaining weeks? Would you rather have the bronze rewards not have gotten any better?

I doubt it.

Complaining about something Inno did for the players in response to their complaints isn’t really mature or necessary is it?

I missed maxing a second altar because of this lame/unfair practice.
I’m truly sorry about that, but this hardly gives you reason to complain. Plenty of players had no issue getting 2 maxed altars. There will unfortunately always be a few unlucky people.

These events are just idiotic.
Then you don’t have to play them. Nobody is forcing you.

IF you want my money, stop the unfair stupidity.
Then you don’t have to buy diamonds. Once again, nobody is forcing you.

This doesn’t seem like much of a proposal to me. This seems like an excuse to make an entitled rant at Inno and whine about an online game that you apparently play to have fun. But since this is in the proposal section I will give my feedback:

Last edited by a moderator:

Freshmeboy

For every event there will be those that complain...prizes suck, quests too hard or "impossible", "unfair" demands on time or playing style, having to (GASP) delete items from their city, etc. Playing up the positives rarely changes anybody's mind about an event..best to just tell them to find another game or play a different event...free stuff is free stuff if the hoops are too high to jump through, stay grounded....

Darth Mole

Some people really should face up to the fact that whether or not they spend money to play the game, they actually suck at it.
It's not the games fault that you cannot play well and fail to take advantage of the events and prizes on offer.

DeletedUser31540

Sounds like you are bad at events and angry about it

Fair enough ... i would be angry too if i sucked at events ;)

I got 2 and 1/4 max altars without spending diamonds ... in fact all my 27 months of playing i got max prize every time without spending diamonds ! (Other than Grand Bridge which i could only get to lv 6 but with the antiques dealer i hope to get it to 7 soon!

They told us this event will have 4 leagues ... i spent all my energy drinks in the 1st and 4th and i got silver hobby hobby and silver

Instead of bashing inno how about you bash the tactics you use during these events !

Triopoly Champion

Grand Bridge really needs a level 8 stage - best if there are 3 upgrading choices, it's the least valuable event building of this specific type.

Bountiful Cider Mill got the Prosperous Cider Mill enhancement last year, so it's possible.

DeletedUser29623

I was hoping that the final daily special would be something I wanted, but I fell asleep and didn’t even spend my last 600 or so drinks in each city and yet I still have enough for two fully leveled altars in each world, so: wow.

-Athena-

Less events period (stupid or otherwise) would be nice. I remember having only like 4 events per year and you would look forward to them. Now we are over-saturated with them and I groan when I see the next one coming. The game has so much going on it already it really doesn't need what has become virtually back to back events. Game also runs much smoother during the few days we have non-event times. I would vote for a proposal like this but let's be honest it will never get passed. Inno wants their $$$. Unless you get server wide boycotts of events (which I would wholeheartedly support) I don't see it changing.

mamboking053

Less events period (stupid or otherwise) would be nice. I remember having only like 4 events per year and you would look forward to them. Now we are over-saturated with them and I groan when I see the next one coming. The game has so much going on it already it really doesn't need what has become virtually back to back events. Game also runs much smoother during the few days we have non-event times. I would vote for a proposal like this but let's be honest it will never get passed. Inno wants their $$$. Unless you get server wide boycotts of events (which I would wholeheartedly support) I don't see it changing.

I guess it's a matter of perspective...

I like when there's more to do because there's more opportunities to get items of all kinds. I think my biggest dislikes are the way the Viking Settlement is played because there's little variation and no combat, but the prizes is awesome. I think my worst experience with events is the 2019 Carnival, but in retrospect I realized it just wasn't as easy as everything else I was used to and I was sulking because a fully-leveled prize wasn't guaranteed. (I'm beginning to not like set-piece events though because they are very difficult to pull along through the ages since they require a lot of renovation kits)

I actually am excited the both GvG and GBG will be available at the same time- giving people two things to do at once which will be interesting. It's a two-path approach to guild progression and I'm not sure which one will benefit the guild more in the long run but it might fill out the doldrums in between activity pretty well.

If anything, I'm looking for even better ways to engage the player from this game. And if they required me to make a $20 contribution to that end I'd toss an NYC lunch at them in a heartbeat.