• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Let’s talk about GE

DeletedUser28655

Edit: have received good points, I would like to point you too a thread that may excite some of you. Over in beta it may have been “spoiled” that ge buildings may be getting upgrades.

————————————————————

I just want to hear people out, and see where GE stands for others. I hope to make you think critically to genuinely see how creative Ge could be. If you love it, hate it or just deal with it.

It’s been a while since a major change has happened in GE. Aside from level 4 being a challenge, and the rewards remaining unchanged. I would like to know what everyone thinks about GE in its current state.

I personally love farming diamonds from level 4

Also food for thought, with all of these event buildings coming out, new innovations in the game, mechanics, and features. Do you believe that GE will only ever amount to a lucrative diamond farm or will the past would be reward buildings see a level 2?

Let me know down below what your thoughts and feelings are about GE.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Lady Redneck

I do GE mainly for level 4 for diamonds and FPs. Although the BPs and troops are be handy in a new city. The reward buildings (Tribal Square for instance) were good when it first started. but the game has moved on. Might be good if those were updated.

DeletedUser31397

Most likely GE will stay as it is. But thanks to the antiques dealer, GE is still relevant because all those buildings you can get from encounters and the ToR are more fodder to sell to the AD.

If anything, GE is AD farming more than diamond farming these days.

DeletedUser28655

I
Most likely GE will stay as it is. But thanks to the antiques dealer, GE is still relevant because all those buildings you can get from encounters and the ToR are more fodder to sell to the AD.

If anything, GE is AD farming more than diamond farming these days.

I do find my self scrapping the buildings, and piling up my coins for certain rewards. So I agree with you on that point.

DeletedUser28655

I do GE mainly for level 4 for diamonds and FPs. Although the BPs and troops are be handy in a new city. The reward buildings (Tribal Square for instance) were good when it first started. but the game has moved on. Might be good if those were updated.

The troops are exceptionally nice! Especially when your tor procs, and allows you to get more rogues on it.

RazorbackPirate

GE is my sole source of regular units, and the majority of my rogue supply. I continue to complete level 4 each week primarily for diamonds, FPs are always useful, and extra goods now help with GBG.

The buildings, while once useful, now just go to the AD. While the AD has given some value back to the GE specific buildings, their usefulness has long been eclipsed by a plethora of Event buildings past and present.

I think the current mechanics of GE is fine, 4 levels are more than enough, and I'm satisfied with what I get out of it for the effort I put in, and will continue to farm it for diamonds. I can always use extra FPs and goods, selling the rest to the AD.

With the buildings having long since past any usefulness in my city, I would like to see upgrades and shrink kits introduced to restore their value beyond just AD fodder. Same with the prizes from the Daily Challenge.

I'd hate to see either go away, but both need their prizes refreshed to deal with the power creep of event buildings since their introduction.

Make Terrace Farms Great Again!

DeletedUser31397

I'm still waiting for them to remove small medals from the gold relics...not sure how that prize got in there to begin with LOL

And as RazorbackPirate said, both GE and DC could use a good refresher in prizes. The sad thing is when I get a jade relic in GE I'm hoping it's a FoY or TF...just so I can sell it in the AD.

Algona

Good thread.

I'm bored with GE. If it weren't for the Diamonds, I wouldn't do it. I can generate hella more Guild Power from 4 HoFs.

Contrariwise, while I'm bored with GE, I don't understand folk who don't work at being able to do 64 each week. It's not overwhelmingly difficult, the same city capabilities that lend themselves to 64 GE are also useful in other aspects of sustained rapid city advancement.

I don't want GE to be tougher for the purely selfish reason that it is a Diamond ATM. I don't need the prizes to be better, my city is already crammed full of stuff and INNO is sending me better stuff every Event.

I don;t want it to be easier, I gain a nice advantage over the folk who don't / can't do 64 GE. As well noted, I'm a selfish bastard.

Pretty sure there is no upside for INNO redesigning GE structure or Prizes. Happy to elaborate, but not sure anyone would be interested.

Jern2017

I usually complete all 64 encounters. As mentioned, the last difficulty is a great source of Diamonds if you don't buy them. If one has a ToR, the FP Relics are nice and special/premium buildings you can win from the Jade Relic and chests can be sold to the AD.

Apart from that, however, I think the rewards have become stale. I will always participate in the GE because of the reasons I mentioned above and to help my guild, but I hope they redesign some of the rewards at some point in the future. I'd be happy with the last chest having a chance of containing FPs.

I wouldn't mind if Inno makes GE tougher in proportion to rewards. If I can't do it, I miss those rewards. If they are worth it, I will improve my city to match the requirements.
Currently I do auto battle through level 4 in GE (PE era), and I will continue fueling my GBs to increase a/d boost. If there is an extra incentive to do so, maybe more players will be willing to put more juice in their GBs or cities for that matter?
From Inno's perspective, if not a good % of players are completing the current level 3 or 4 of GE currently, increasing the difficulty will not help. Improving the rewards for same effort may not fly well with some/most, but at the end of the day if Inno do decide to launch a revamp, they will have the data which we lack to identify what permutation will get most traction and revenue.
If they won't, I will assume they want to push GBG as main activity for guilds. It potentially brings more revenue for them, so why not spend more effort and resources there.

RazorbackPirate

Genuinely curious about this, how many folk out there are willing to have GE be made the same amount tougher as the same amount the prizes are improved?
That's hardly necessary.

Did they make stuff harder when they gave us the WW shrink kit? Did they make things harder when they added new levels to the Cider Mill? Did they make things harder when they bumped the stats of the Mad Scientist's Lab? No. They just gave them to us to re-invigorate those prizes, and extend their usefulness.

This is what I'm talking about anyway. I'm not asking them to give us more FPs or diamonds, I'd just like them to make Terrace Farms, Fountains of Youth, Sacred Sky Watches, and Tribal Squares, relevant again. A couple of shrink kits, a couple of level 2 upgrades is all it would take. While the prizes as they exist now are still fine for start-up cities, it doesn't take long before even a new city outgrows them having no other use than AD fodder.

I'm sure no would would miss having a few less Faces or Gates in exchange for the chance of a shrink kit or upgrade. We're not talking bank breaking power creep, just something that would make me want to keep some of those items in my city beyond LMA.

Algona

That's hardly necessary.

Did they make stuff harder when they gave us the WW shrink kit? Did they make things harder when they added new levels to the Cider Mill? Did they make things harder when they bumped the stats of the Mad Scientist's Lab?

You mean those items that were introduced and won through Events and are not GE Prizes?

Why yes, INNO did make it harder to get those by putting them in Events where folk had to do a little extra then just grinding another week of GE like choosing between those and other potential prizes.

Is that what you want? Upgrades for GE sruff won as prizes in Events? Do you want them as Dailys or Main Event Prizes or maybe sold in the AD?

DeletedUser31499

I complete all 64 GE encounters each week. At one time it was a real challenge. I’m at the point now where even level 4 is auto fight no problems. I enjoy it, it’s my main source of diamonds, second is diamonds from GBG. I set a goal early on to improve my fighting ability so I could fight all the way through. It’s a good tool to use to see if your military is good enough to go up an era.

RazorbackPirate

You mean those items that were introduced and won through Events and are not GE Prizes?

Why yes, INNO did make it harder to get those by putting them in Events where folk had to do a little extra then just grinding another week of GE like choosing between those and other potential prizes.

Is that what you want? Upgrades for GE sruff won as prizes in Events? Do you want them as Dailys or Main Event Prizes or maybe sold in the AD?
You make it sound like you're guaranteed one of each those GE buildings each and every week. The reality, as the percentages show, is they're quite rare to get. In fact, much more rare and much less powerful than the Statue of Honor which I'm able to add an additional level to every round of GB with a moderate amount of effort.

I get you're against the idea, and you disagree, but what I'm suggesting is far from a game changing, bank breaking, power creep.

Take the Tribal Square for instance. There are two potential chances to win it, if it should be one of the random choices that show up in the 2 chests it can possibly appear in. When it does appear as a possible prize, the chances of actually winning it are 10-15% in one chest, if it shows up at all, and 50% chance in the other, again, if it shows up at all. I've gone months and months completing all 4 levels each week without even seeing one as a possible prize, months and months without actually winning one.

Or how about a Sacred Sky Watch? One of 5 random choices that might appear in chest 64, with a 50% chance of winning one when it does appear. Again I've gone months without even seeing one as a possible prize from the chest, even longer without ever actually winning one. I could go on, but the buildings I'm suggesting get another level or a shrink kit are fairly rare to obtain as it is, a shrinky dink, or 2nd level would be even more rare.

Inno could easily manipulate the %s so that, on average you'd get an upgrade to the base building at about half the rate of obtaining the base building. Something that would be much more rare and much less powerful than the Statue of Honor which I easily add a level to every 2 weeks without even breaking a sweat.

Those GE buildings are already rare, and already take a significant amount of effort to obtain. Any shrinks or upgrades, would be even more rare. While you're certainly free to disagree, I think your objections are a bit overblown compared to the current realities.

Algona

You make it sound like
I get you're against the idea
I think your objections

I asked questions because you made the comparison of GE Prizes to Event Prizes You didn't answer them.

The only statement I made was to answer your question.

I didn't make anything sound like anything, I didn't say I was against the idea, I didn't object to anything.

So back to the question you ignored, how do you want the upgraded GE Prizes distributed?

----------

Pretty much everything you say about the chances of winning TS, SSW, TF are true, but you kinda obscured things by using the subjective term ;rare' and not mentioning that any player over time will win a lot of these items.

Sp let's cut through your fog with a simple declaration and question.

Since I started doing 64 GE in Jan 2018 I've won 32 TFs that I can account for in one city. 12 in Inventorey, 12 deployed, 8 sold.

How many TFs have you won and how long has it been since you started doing 64 GE regularly?

----------

I do have one more question, what does rarity have to do with the question I asked:

Genuinely curious about this, how many folk out there are willing to have GE be made the same amount tougher as the same amount the prizes are improved?

RazorbackPirate

So back to the question you ignored, how do you want the upgraded GE Prizes distributed?
As prizes in GE, just like the base buildings.
Pretty much everything you say about the chances of winning TS, SSW, TF are true, but you kinda obscured things by using the subjective term ;rare' and not mentioning that any player over time will win a lot of these items.
Just like the prizes from DC and GBG. Point?
Sp let's cut through your fog with a simple declaration and question.

Since I started doing 64 GE in Jan 2018 I've won 32 TFs that I can account for in one city. 12 in Inventory, 12 deployed, 8 sold.

How many TFs have you won and how long has it been since you started doing 64 GE regularly?
Since about April 2018. In one city I've earned about 14, the other one about 18. 6 - 8 of them have come since the introduction of the AD, when I finally built a ToR in each city and rushed them to level 25. Prior to the AD, nothing from GE was worth winning at a higher rate.

I've never had more than 6 TFs out in any one city, in LMA and HMA. I've only ever used them to produce FPs. Now, in CA and LMA, I only have 2 out, the rest replaced by event buildings that have come along in the last two years. Given the power creep, TFs are simply not worth the space, which is my point.

Every building awarded in GE has no value other than selling to the AD, even if just to buy a Pillar of Heroes and the upgrades. It's a sad state of affairs when an event building from 2+ years ago is more valuable than anything earned from GE.
I do have one more question, what does rarity have to do with the question I asked:

The rarity of them is why I disagree with the entire premise of your question. There is no reason to make GE tougher to add a level 2 or shrink kit to the mix. The base building would stay exactly the way it is, you would need to get a shrink kit or upgrade in addition to the base building, to bump the value per square.

You might have had a point if I was asking for a straight up boost to the GE buildings, but that's not what I'm suggesting. There's no reason why GE needs to get harder to add a second level or shrink kit to the mix, to improve the base buildings.

You think it does, I think it doesn't. No other answer needed.

Last edited:

Algona

You think it does,

Quote? You keep attributing statements to me that I haven't said. I'd appreciate it if you quit doing that.

If you do insist on arguing about things I didn't say, please quit using quotes from me that have nothing to do with what you want to argue about.

----------

Every building awarded in GE has no value other than selling to the AD,

Eye of the beholder. Aside from what I already said, I could give examples, but why? You already have. Behold!

I only have 2 out,

----------

The point was already stated clearly in what you quoted, that you are obscuring things.

----------

As prizes in GE, just like the base buildings.

Outstanding. What are you replac... Heh. Massive deja vu. Got it! Funny no end. :D

I plead nolo contendere. There really is no reason to continue. Thanks for the good laugh!

DeletedUser28655

Good points! I appreciate everyones thoughts, input, and opinions.