• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Lets Dance!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RazorbackPirate

Oh yes, I get the strategy but you are neglecting the camps that are not lost when the sector is flipped. Reinvestment cost in reduced. On non-contested sectors there is no need to rush camp building as the sector can still be run up to 150 after the camps are built using time instead of diamonds. If the pigs can't wait for the camps to build themselves then it isn't maximizing the strategy.
I'm not neglecting that, you're not fully reading what I wrote. I've said multiple times that 50% of the Siege Camps are lost with every flip. Those are the ones that need to be rebuilt. And no, the pigs often can't wait, so they speed build. And that's my point. They're spending diamonds throughout the day, throughout the round, needed or not. It works for them, it certainly works for Inno, it just doesn't work for you.

Oh yes, I get the strategy but you are neglecting the camps that are not lost when the sector is flipped. Reinvestment cost in reduced. On non-contested sectors there is no need to rush camp building as the sector can still be run up to 150 after the camps are built using time instead of diamonds. If the pigs can't wait for the camps to build themselves then it isn't maximizing the strategy.
It’s apparent you aren’t in a competitive league because you have to flip and using proper timing maximize everything you do in GBG. Keep doing you.

mamboking053

There may be a reduction in how many diamonds are spent, but it might not be that much of a reduction that Inno would be concerned if diamond-spending is the primary reason for GbG.

And, no, they often will not wait for camps to be built. Maybe low-tier guilds hug their resources, but top-tier guilds do not fear using resources as much. The advantage of earning thousands of fp's is massive.

DeletedUser28819

There may be a reduction in how many diamonds are spent, but it might not be that much of a reduction that Inno would be concerned if diamond-spending is the primary reason for GbG.

And, no, they often will not wait for camps to be built. Maybe low-tier guilds hug their resources, but top-tier guilds do not fear using resources as much. The advantage of earning thousands of fp's is massive.
I have been reading your posts and the main point seemed to be that it was a dead issue with Inno as it had been discussed in beta. My point is that the market is different in the rest of the worlds than beta. If Inno sees a reduction in diamond spend in worlds where this is happening they may very well take another look at it. Successful strategies spread from world to world so it may not have a large impact now but as it spreads it could. The sooner the issue is raised the sooner Inno can look at solutions.

RazorbackPirate

That's a big if. You think Inno's not already monitoring it? They monitor everything, all the time.

While you're correct, there are different economies between the Beta server and the live servers, it's likely not in the way that you hope. On Beta, there's more pressure to buy diamonds as diamonds in Beta can only be spent in Beta. No diamond farm/diamond mine worlds on Beta as is common on the live servers.

Algona

If Inno sees a reduction in diamond spend in worlds where this is happening they may very well take another look at it.
You got it

If you don't mind a a completely off topic question: What did you think of Green Bay picking Jordan Love?

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
I think the facts he stated do impact the merits of the proposal. Makes the difference between what might be a true problem for a lot of guilds, and somebody simply complaining that his guild is being out-maneuvered. With a tactic his own guild used before. That tends to reduce the merits of the proposal to close to zero.
Merits were close to zero anyhow. Him justifying his guilds actions does not change that.

DeletedUser35612

I vote it stays the same. The guild's that dominate are more aggressive, each member plays more, and we spend more diamonds on camps. We each share the cost for the rewards. I think the problem is a lack of participation in some guilds. We have no problem competing. There will always be a dominate guild, that is why the top guilds recruit the best players. It is fair in my opinion.

DeletedUser38845

Just FYI for the forum to know. Shroomy is crying in this forum about this and most of his guild because the guild I am in is doing it to them. The validity of his argument is sound. They are cornered with no movement and no remorse given to them because they did this to the guild I am in first. They teamed up on us and has us trapped for 11 days with absolutely zero chance of getting out... And now the tide has turned and for three seasons in a row they have been beat like ugly red headed step children. Sorry not sorry. They can’t ally with anyone in our world because they have shown they are untrustworthy. Also, they are number 1 in world via GVG rankings but they are against the best GBG guilds and getting smacked around. You did this to yourselves.
You should want this fixed too. You say in the same post that you are the best GBG guilds but could not defeat the "strategy" either. We stopped after 1 season of it because your leader said it was killing morale and making players want to quit the game. Because we thought it was overkill and unnecessary. We were winning just fine without it. You guys are good dedicated players but when the tables turn you would be right back in the corner. Is that really the game you want to play? Why not push to make the game actually competitive? Not just one really lame way to win.

But, again, if you are playing a strategy game and everyone winning is using the exact same strategy, then there is no strategy, just a singular way to win.

DeletedUser38860

Hi, I'm in two top 10 guilds and have 3 worlds. I enjoy playing and most of the time I agree that GBG, in most leagues, is more dependent on the number of fighters you have that can fight, time of day, what kind of goods your guild has stockpiled for buildings, etc.. and there is rarely an issue with map control on this magnitude, but this is clearly a problem and as more people figure out how to do the pattern to accomplish this, it will become more common.
The problem is a bit more complicated than straight out 2 guilds acting as one to dominate the map.
1.) There is an advantage to an all mobile guild over a pc guild or a mixed guild. If you haven't seen this, it's crazy, I've seen fast captures but nothing like going up against an almost all mobile guild. You've got 10 or 20 fighters and it's lagging, you get to your second fight and it's 40 to 10 and that's on auto.
2.) Realistically, any fight where you can ignore supply lines is unrealistic but in GBG, you can fight all the way across the map and have no sectors owned between you and your headquarters and just continue to fight because the sectors on the opposite side of the map might as well be next to you. Think of it like GVG support pool. Why would you make a battlegrounds to include mobile players but take away a key component in prior combats?
3.) Yes, the team up requires a lot of trust and good communication. It's very painful on the receiving end. The best scenario would be for everyone to farm the Battlegrounds but watching 2 guilds do it where half their players have 1000's of fights is a bit ridiculous.

Anyways, I thought 2 of the solutions proposed were good.
1.) Reducing the siege camp %, sure
2.) Increasing attrition gain the further you get from your base (this makes a lot of sense, ex. support pool, etc... should be an obvious change.)
3.) I had proposed in private conversations a long time ago changing the timer for a held sector to 1 hour. It requires a lot of effort to exploit on this magnitude at 4 hours, changing it to one hour would make burnout ridiculous. It won't make GBG not enjoyable but it would make it unrealistic for guilds to dominate when you have to defend every hour

DeletedUser27330

Hi Everyone,
I am founder of the best guild in GBG - The Fire.
We have used this strategy of teaming up, right from the start of the GBG and we are ruling the maps.
Let me tell you few things, especially for those who are being a cry babies instead of taking up the challenge.
1. It took a tons of hard work, dedication and sacrifice to take my guild where it is. We are comparatively new guild and started from scratch with 3-4 random new players. Players who excelled in my guild went on to become founders and leaders.
2. I know many players who joined my guild and left it just because of selfish reasons. Few also started their own guild. They are doing good but get beaten badly by us in GBG. Then they cry saying we are friends and then they again cheat on us.
3. Why such players cant accept a leader? Because they just want to be a Founder or leader even when they are not capable. This creates weaker guilds.
4. A guild is strong not because INNO gave us special privileges but rather we took on challenge and played an excellent game.
5. So when its an equal platform for everyone, why LOOSERS wants to spoil the game when anyway they will still be LOOSERS.
6. Even when teaming up, the kind of dedication and coordination efforts are required, only those 2 guilds understands which have teamed up. So its not as simple story of saying that - "TWO STRONG GUILDS HAVE TEAMED UP AND NOW WE ARE LOOSING IT". This is not the whole picture or story. It means "TWO GUILDS ARE PLAYING THIS GAME DELICATELY EVERYDAY OF GBG" .
7. NO ONE IS STOPPING OTHER GUILDS TO TEAM UP. OR TO WORK IN DIRECTION OF GETTING STRONG. This is a game of patience and strategy and it takes time to get there. Few guilds understand this. They will reach there sooner or later. But most of the loosing guilds, just want that game should be spoiled so that even good players and guilds do not get benefit what those lazy loosers are not getting.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Hi Everyone,
I am founder of the best guild in GBG - The Fire.
We have used this strategy of teaming up, right from the start of the GBG and we are ruling the maps.
Let me tell you few things, especially for those who are being a cry babies instead of taking up the challenge.
1. It took a tons of hard work, dedication and sacrifice to take my guild where it is. We are comparatively new guild and started from scratch with 3-4 random new players. Players who excelled in my guild went on to become founders and leaders.
2. I know many players who joined my guild and left it just because of selfish reasons. Few also started their own guild. They are doing good but get beaten badly by us in GBG. Then they cry saying we are friends and then they again cheat on us.
3. Why such players cant accept a leader? Because they just want to be a Founder or leader even when they are not capable. This creates weaker guilds.
4. A guild is strong not because INNO gave us special privileges but rather we took on challenge and played an excellent game.
5. So when its an equal platform for everyone, why LOOSERS wants to spoil the game when anyway they will still be LOOSERS.
6. Even when teaming up, the kind of dedication and coordination efforts are required, only those 2 guilds understands which have teamed up. So its not as simple story of saying that - "TWO STRONG GUILDS HAVE TEAMED UP AND NOW WE ARE LOOSING IT". This is not the whole picture or story. It means "TWO GUILDS ARE PLAYING THIS GAME DELICATELY EVERYDAY OF GBG" .
7. NO ONE IS STOPPING OTHER GUILDS TO TEAM UP. OR TO WORK IN DIRECTION OF GETTING STRONG. This is a game of patience and strategy and it takes time to get there. Few guilds understand this. They will reach there sooner or later. But most of the loosing guilds, just want that game should be spoiled so that even good players and guilds do not get benefit what those lazy loosers are not getting.
And this all is relevant to the topic because?????

DeletedUser27330

And this all is relevant to the topic because?????
Explaining the whole scenario How loosers think, and Why they want to spoil game. For example here by touching the % of SCs. Such kind of players only know making noise rather than doing any real stuff. This i know from building my guild from last 2 years.

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Explaining the whole scenario How loosers think, and Why they want to spoil game. For example here by touching the % of SCs. Such kind of players only know making noise rather than doing any real stuff. This i know from building my guild from last 2 years.
And you could not just say that and give it a -1?

Agent327

FOE Team
Forum Moderator
Few may need more explanation. I guess you like less words, so you can avoid reading the 1st and read 2nd. :) Have Fun!!
What explanation? That you are the founder of the best guild in GBG. Is that an explanation? Hate to tell you this, but it gives you as much say in this as Kermit the Frog. It does not matter who you are or what your guild is. It does not matter how you build it and how long it took. It does not matter that others left your guild. It does not matter why. In the end, all you have is 1 vote. So does Kermit.

DeletedUser27330

What explanation? That you are the founder of the best guild in GBG. Is that an explanation? Hate to tell you this, but it gives you as much say in this as Kermit the Frog. It does not matter who you are or what your guild is. It does not matter how you build it and how long it took. It does not matter that others left your guild. It does not matter why. In the end, all you have is 1 vote. So does Kermit.
[
I am not here just for voting but also to throw light what reality is and how few bad players spoil the game because of their narrow thinking. Hence i am also helping players to make better choice.
Even if i was part of worst guild, i would have told about it. Its important that people know one's credibility. Thank You! Discussion over.

RazorbackPirate

I am not here just for voting but also to throw light what reality is and how few bad players spoil the game because of their narrow thinking. Hence i am also helping players to make better choice.
Even if i was part of worst guild, i would have told about it. Its important that people know one's credibility. Thank You! Discussion over.
I don't know what's worse. The 'cry babies' crying or you screaming, "Look at me, look at me!"

Telling us how great you think you are while calling everyone else LOOSERS (losers BTW, learn to spell) adds nothing to the discussion. Nor does it add to your credibility, when you clearly have nothing of value to add.

You use the strategy, you like the strategy, you like the way things are. Got it. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.