• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

lets see a show of hands

DeletedUser40061

well...i cant see any hands on screen but...just how many of you have viking city up and running? i see a lot dont have it setup yet. is viking city worth my time and resources? its hard to tell. unlocking certain needed buildings like a hut for instance, i need certain amount of mead...but usually it all goes to getting a new lot opened up. i fear in the near future, my v-city will declare bankruptcy, the citizens would take up arms and besiege the town hall and taking control. luckily the waters surrounding the city is ice cold...any attempt to get to my main city will be met with hungry killer whales and voracious seals

RazorbackPirate

well...i cant see any hands on screen but...just how many of you have viking city up and running? i see a lot dont have it setup yet. is viking city worth my time and resources? its hard to tell. unlocking certain needed buildings like a hut for instance, i need certain amount of mead...but usually it all goes to getting a new lot opened up. i fear in the near future, my v-city will declare bankruptcy, the citizens would take up arms and besiege the town hall and taking control. luckily the waters surrounding the city is ice cold...any attempt to get to my main city will be met with hungry killer whales and voracious seals
My advice remains the same. Worth doing when your city is ready, but your city is not ready.

I'm on settlement 14 in 2 cities.

DeletedUser40495

It is totally worth it. The Yggdrasil is amazing.

DeletedUser40197

I play the settlement but with zero urgency. I don't care about the runestone, I just want Yggdrasil. I play it when I feel like it.
That's exactly how I go about it. Not efficient at all in my approach, but the Ygg is worth the time invested, and resources if your city is established enough not to miss them. I've never met a deadline for the runestones.

DreadfulCadillac

That's exactly how I go about it. Not efficient at all in my approach, but the Ygg is worth the time invested, and resources if your city is established enough not to miss them. I've never met a deadline for the runestones.
wait it costs coins/supplies for the viking settlement?
i never noticed it before cause the amount they need is so trivial

DeletedUser40197

wait it costs coins/supplies for the viking settlement?
i never noticed it before cause the amount they need is so trivial
Yes, you use coins and supplies to build. And there is quite a bit of building and deleting being done... and they are small amounts, but for a newer player who is still trying to keep a steady supply coming in, idk that the viking settlement would be the most beneficial way to spend your resources needed in the main game.

DeletedUser40061

My viking city is still active! Got lots of shrines and runestones to keep the gods happy as clams. I really would like to see reconstruction mode so i can rearrange stuff. Its still a struggle, the marketplace for instance...but noone is complaining since i have 2 breweries. Happy drunken citizens