• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

level playing field in GBG

Marbles the Sassy

I don't think reducing the guild down to 60 members would help. The 20 that would be kicked out would just start another guild and boom, another super guild. So now instead of 20 super guilds now you have 26 to 27 super guilds. You haven't spread the top 1% down to the lower guilds....you just created more super guilds.

The ability to coordinate with other guilds has taken the strategy from the game. The point was for every guild to fight against ALL the other guilds not team up with them. The bot and scripts, if they still exist and people are using them, cause issues as well. Not sure if the top 1% are using bots or scripts cause if found out I believe they are kicked and banned from the game. So if the 1% do use them and they are paying to play, INNO may look the other way and let it go. Not saying that they do that cause I cannot confirm it. But it does make one wonder why bots and scripts are still running rampant in the game, if they are at all. Again, cannot confirm bots and scripts are present or INNO looking the other way but one cannot also think of that scenario happening.

This would never happen but I want to see a GBG where there is one super guild that holds the map right from the beginning. Takes all tiles where the other guilds are stuck on their home base. Then all those guilds do not play....for 11 days. Then the super guild will get super antsy cause they can't fight and they have to wait for another guild to take a tile. Wonder how the super guild would like it if they can't play either for 10 and a half days waiting for a tile to swap but never happens cause the other guilds went on strike to prove a point. You have to have all the guilds fighting each other to promote the taking of tiles.

Now this leads to another question. If the super guild takes all tiles and the rest of the guilds do not play at all.....then all points go to the super guild and everyone else sits a 0 points. Do all those guilds with 0 points and 0 negotiations and 0 fights all get 2nd place rewards?? If so, then why would anyone want to fight at all? Just let one guild take the map and never play. Then you would always get 2nd place and stay in the league you are in.
I do understand that it will likely create more super guilds and even that would be better. It would stop the need for cake walk season with slow moving teams, it would give better match ups (we sometimes get the same guilds repeatedly, and I am talking 4 out of 6 seasons kinda of thing) better distribution of top players making it more competitive. 60 players even top players will struggle with attrition if they don't manage it better which means they wont just take a tile because they can, it will be more strategic so the smaller guilds will actually have something to hit and less stuffing. I am not saying 60 members is the holy grail but its a really good start to make things competitive again.

Marbles the Sassy

The point about attrition and smaller Guilds does seem like it could make a difference.. maybe.
But the other side of that is a few Guilds could have all players who can reach 200+ attrition. fighting against Guilds players that can manage 50 attrition?
There are real players that can hit 400 Attrition.

So limit the size of Gilds to 20? 30? All to appease a few players needing a bigger participation trophy?
The attrition limits are being exceeded by players every day..

Any change will be met and gotten past by the best players. With new complaining from those who can't
The point is it will become a more competitive playing field and it will make it a bit better for the littles. will there be complaints sure there will if they reduce the guild size but in my opinion the whole point is to keep it competitive ... competitive on the playing field and in the guild. not just a show of brute force and speed, but something that requires strategy. For thought of attrition management. Do you go all out at reset and then can't compete later in the day on a race, do you hold back and at what attrition? do you put the breaks on incase your needed later for a race? Do you grab that ring 4 or 5 tile even tho its not necessary? Do you do that 40% tile or leave it sit? these are the things that will make the difference if you are forced to play strategically

Marbles the Sassy

You can't regulate how human nature is. I think the past 4 years should have taught you that. The entire planet is revolting against a bunch of nonsensical garbage introduced into law as the FOE community would revolt against your nonsense if ever implemented. The world doesn't revolve around you.
LMFAO, you obviously are a brute force and speed kind of of person and that's ok some of us can't thing strategically. I am competitor and most who play games/sports are. Then there are the ones that want to ride others coat tails to the top. The coat tail people they are the botters the ones that don't care how the win comes. The competitors they care about earning the win and fighting the good fight, its about strategy, teamwork and sportsmanship to them. The 60 limit wont help the coat tailers only the competitors. as far as the world revolving around me, no it doesn't and i never claimed it did HOWEVER i do live in the world and want to leave it a better place by my actions which include but are not limited to acts of kindness, speaking for those who can't speak for themselves, by making a measurable difference, by impacting others, volunteer work etc...

Marbles the Sassy

You having Founder rights in your guild has nothing to do with my logic. You've repeated that limiting guild membership to 60 will "increase competition" and will force a more "strategic" approach to managing attrition. Honestly, I don't think that you have really thought this through. In my Guild, all 80 members can battle to at least 100 attrition. Most to 120. Some over 150. But, let's use 100 max for an illustration. If my guild was forced to drop to 60 members, each of those 60 will be able to battle 500 fights daily (to 100 attrition on 20% sectors). That's a total of 30,000 fights, which is enough to capture over 100 sectors each day - more than enough to swap the entire board, let alone FFA with any comers. Dropping from 80, to 60, isn't going to make attrition management much more challenging than it is now for the top guilds. One thing that you have not mentioned is the impact a reduction from 80, to 60, will have on the guild treasury. For sure, having 25% fewer members will make treasury management more difficult. However, the increased difficulty will not be equally felt. The top guilds will have a relatively easier time simply because they tend to have a higher percentage of well developed cities (especially so if they went to 60 members).
I am in a top guild and all our players can hit over 100 attrition a good amount are over 150 some to 200. however, when you hit every tile at different attrition rates it makes a difference, we hit them no matter what the rate and we hit the ring 4 and 5s so attrition management becomes a thing ... lose 20 players will impact the treasury and it will impact the number of players making manual donations. it will also impact the number of players willing to diamond camps, it will also impact the number of people to be on to cover each opening time, players can't be on 24/7 people sleep and work and have lives or at least ours do. so 60 players will have an impact on all of those things ... even more importantly it will create more upper diamond guilds and those new guilds will have to deal with treasury and diamond issues. if they spread among existing guilds you get a better distribution of players among the teams, if they create new guilds the hurdles are even larger when it comes to the treasury. There are countless ways where it creates a more competitive environment.

Pericles the Lion

LMFAO, you obviously are a brute force and speed kind of of person and that's ok some of us can't thing strategically. I am competitor and most who play games/sports are. Then there are the ones that want to ride others coat tails to the top. The coat tail people they are the botters the ones that don't care how the win comes. The competitors they care about earning the win and fighting the good fight, its about strategy, teamwork and sportsmanship to them. The 60 limit wont help the coat tailers only the competitors. as far as the world revolving around me, no it doesn't and i never claimed it did HOWEVER i do live in the world and want to leave it a better place by my actions which include but are not limited to acts of kindness, speaking for those who can't speak for themselves, by making a measurable difference, by impacting others, volunteer work etc...
"Brute force and speed" is the strategy that wins Championships. Implying that there is a separation between "brute force and speed" and "strategy, teamwork, and sportsmanship" reveals how little you know about winning championships in GBG.

Last edited:

Disgruntled Veteran

It overwhelmingly sounds like there’s people that don’t know how to max their guilds numbers with people that understand how to coordinate. Coordinating is the key. Use discord to call races. Have lower aged/weaker players take non-race sectors and stronger players take races. If needed call everyone to races. Most importantly, if you want your guild to be a top contender, set high standards/requirements and enforce them. These days top guilds need requirements such as 1,000 hits in GBG minimum, 100 hits per day. GE 64/80 by Friday, 76/80 by Sunday. Completely finish GE as fast as possible during competitive seasons. QI also needs minimums such as x-amount of progress points per season. I’d recommend a minimum of 100 per season to start as 100 points gives players two free chests. If you have players in your guild that can’t meet these requirements, then they’re the weak links holding you back. If you have casual players who only play a few days a week then they’re the weak links holding you back. Stop complaining about top guilds with like-minded players who strive to compete when your guild fails to set and maintain standards.

If you have weak link players, replace them. If you need more players, merge with another like-minded guild. Top players go to the competitive guild and lower/weaker players go to a sister guild. Players that strengthen can move up to the top guild as others leave the top guild. It’s not rocket science, just FoE.

Marbles the Sassy

"Brute force and speed" is the strategy that wins Championships. Implying that there is a separation between "brute force and speed" and "strategy, teamwork, and sportsmanship" reveals how little you know about winning championships in GBG.
LOOOOL no brute force and speed isn't strategic ... its the current way we play because we are forced not to be strategic. so it is currently boring and redundant.

Pericles the Lion

LOOOOL no brute force and speed isn't strategic ... its the current way we play because we are forced not to be strategic. so it is currently boring and redundant.
It is the current way that we play (and by "we" I refer to my Guild) because it is effective.

I suggest that you refresh your memory on the definition of either "strategy" or "strategic". Using force and speed most certainly is a strategy and, therefore, is strategic. You want to use a scalpel, we prefer a broadaxe because it gets the job done.

Sharmon the Impaler

It is the current way that we play (and by "we" I refer to my Guild) because it is effective.

I suggest that you refresh your memory on the definition of either "strategy" or "strategic". Using force and speed most certainly is a strategy and, therefore, is strategic. You want to use a scalpel, we prefer a broadaxe because it gets the job done.
This has to be a shill account for Jaymoney , two people can't be exactly the same level of dumb like this.

Podling

Brute force and speed are the baseline minimum needed to compete in top diamond. Diamonds and bots are what win championships.

Marbles the Sassy

Maybe if I say this differently you can try to wrap your head around it. Playing a war game a REAL war game requires planning/plotting, understanding of battle mechanics, timing and more. The strategy needed is different then lets throw all my troops at a wall and see what's left, and oh look i click faster then you / my macro mouse is programmed better then yours, my bot is faster then yours. Team work is actually planning on what tiles need to be taken in what order if at all to maximize attrition, maintaining longevity of your attrition, planning for upcoming races, and determining who will be on and when in order to cover the clock with attrition left to fight ... none of those things are needed with 80 members if you are a top guild ... why because everyone can hit to over 100 attrition and some to 200. So if its open hit it is how things are currently played and its BORING. It requires no planning no for thought on a map with 3 top guilds the littles are pretty much benched. The limited number of diamond top guilds means that you are either always on the map with the same guilds or you're sitting there giving hold tiles/ base camps to the littles in hopes they flip enough to give you some fights ... 60 members changes all of that for a ton of reasons many have been voiced through out these threads. If you really are a part of a top guild you shouldn't be afraid of a 60 member team you should welcome the challenge unless you don't think your team has what it takes to win if it requires them doing more then point and click fast.

CDmark

Nobody play at all so everyone gets 1st place lol. The Championship Tower would then become a seat warmer award just like in grade school :D
Nice way for everyone to take a 2 week vacation from GBG. Do it during an event, you still have QI, so there are things to do. The event will have rivals. i wondered about the season end reward. We currently have 2 guilds with 0 points, a dead heat for last. I will see how it plays out for final chest and LP. Then we can can take it a step further if rewards are given, 2 - 7th place, one would assume the same for all guilds at 0, all get 1st place. We could also use this on the whole world as a method to go on strike, Inno keeps handing out L2 championship buildings to everyone, we spend no resources until our demands are met.

WORKERS UNITE - take down the diamond thiefs, goods robbers, time barons

Ebeondi Asi

Good luck trying to get the cats to all dance to your tune.

As for "level playing Field" Lets think of another game. baseball. Is there a level playing field there? no. One team with it all. So do the high school teams raise heck because they did not get a World series pennant too?
Same thing for Soccer, Tennis, Golf, Football, Cricket. Olympics.. Not one of those sports is handing out endless trophies to all. Only the very best win them. Just as it should be. Same thing with Playing Foe GbG.

WillyTwoShoes

As for "level playing Field" Lets think of another game. baseball. Is there a level playing field there? no. One team with it all. So do the high school teams raise heck because they did not get a World series pennant too?
Same thing for Soccer, Tennis, Golf, Football, Cricket. Olympics.. Not one of those sports is handing out endless trophies to all. Only the very best win them. Just as it should be. Same thing with Playing Foe GbG.
Unless it's some sort of charity event I've never seen a high school or college team get scheduled to play in the pro leagues. How relevant are the rankings when you have a couple of alpha guilds competing against guilds that they outclass in every respect? It may be a good way to mark who is getting the best rewards but -to me- it's not an accurate reflection of how well a guild plays in any given season.

I don't go to the kid's T-Ball games, win, and call myself a better player/guild.

Pericles the Lion

Unless it's some sort of charity event I've never seen a high school or college team get scheduled to play in the pro leagues. How relevant are the rankings when you have a couple of alpha guilds competing against guilds that they outclass in every respect? It may be a good way to mark who is getting the best rewards but -to me- it's not an accurate reflection of how well a guild plays in any given season.

I don't go to the kid's T-Ball games, win, and call myself a better player/guild.
No matter what a kid's T-Ball team does, they will not build a team that can match the performance of adult players. On the other hand, there is nothing about GBG that prevents guilds from building the strength necessary to compete at the upper level. Certainly, there is nothing preventing an individual player from building their city to the point where they become attractive to the top guilds. Not being able to win at GBG is a choice, not fate or conspiracy.

Marbles the Sassy

no one is asking for participation trophies

NWWolverine

In my opinion the emergence of new battlegrounds has led to the consolidation of top players into super-guilds, concentrating power and creating barriers for other guilds to compete effectively. I think reducing the guild size to 60 players would enhance the fairness and competitiveness of GBG. Currently, the dominance of super-guilds with 80 players undermines true competition, as these guilds consolidate top players and control the game from the outset. This situation stifles opportunities for non-super guilds (regardless of size) to compete effectively.

By adopting a smaller guild size of 60 players, it would promote a level playing field forcing a more even distribution of top players where success hinges on strategy and teamwork rather than sheer numbers. I think this adjustment aims to foster fairer competition and ensure a more balanced distribution of players across guilds, thereby enriching the overall GBG experience for all participants.

What do you all think?
Reduction in Guild size would at least create more top guilds to compete against each other instead of just a half dozen or so....I like the idea. Not going to happen, but I like it