• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

[Question] Lexical ambiguity

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmagirl2

I have no idea what lexical means, but if you're in doubt maybe err on the side of caution and don't?
Lexical ambiguity= word causing a sentence or phrase too have two meanings

In my case I said something that i thought was acceptable but to others it was messed up

Emberguard

Really would depend on context, but if it's messed up to others due to double meaning it's better to find a clearer way to say it that can't be taken the wrong way

Algona

People have been sending insults to me
Since

If you can use the phrase 'lexical ambiguity' with confidence then you have the ability to foresee and avoid potential blowback from poor phrasing or craft an appropriate apology for making such a mistake.

That you're here instead of working on that apology says a lot more about you then the folks upset with you.

emmagirl2

If you can use the phrase 'lexical ambiguity' with confidence then you have the ability to foresee and avoid potential blowback from poor phrasing or craft an appropriate apology for making such a mistake.

That you're here instead of working on that apology says a lot more about you then the folks upset with you.
I've been told to stay away from global

Lady Gato

I think her question boils down to - if she said something "bad" in global chat (even though she didn't mean it to be "bad") can she be banned from FOE?

Agent327

Forum rules

Just as it is not permitted to discuss the actions of moderators from this server, It is also not permitted to discuss the actions of moderators from other FoE servers here. To do so serves no purpose whatsoever, as the support teams are also entirely separate from one another. If you have a problem with the moderation team on another server, please raise a ticket on that server.

Locking this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.