• We are looking for you!
    Always wanted to join our Supporting Team? We are looking for enthusiastic moderators!
    Take a look at our recruitement page for more information and how you can apply:
    Apply

Lighthouse of Alexandria use count doesn't make sense!

Salsuero

Why, if the special buildings aren't increased by the Lighthouse of Alexandria, are the uses affected by them when collected?

According to the official wiki for the Royal Ship (just as an example), my base supply output should be:
Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 11.06.57 PM.png
(https://en.wiki.forgeofempires.com/index.php?title=The_Royal_Ship)

According my actual Royal Ship, the supply output is indeed:
Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 11.07.17 PM.png

And yet, I still have uses remaining for my Lighthouse of Alexandria, which should show a boosted output if it is indeed supposed to do so:
Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 11.07.52 PM.png

Now, for each collection cycle, I have 17 collections of supplies that I do, not counting GBs... and when I refresh the Lighthouse of Alexandria, I have 40 total uses. The math thus indicates that I'm losing a use for each supply building I collect, regardless of whether it is boosted or not. This seems quite unfair, considering there is a limited number of uses based on an increased supply output. Why is this the case... is this an intended bug or one that just hasn't yet been pointed out? I posted this here first because I don't want to post it as a bug report if it isn't an actual bug. Not for nothing, these special buildings are also unaffected by other boosts, such as the 60% Tavern boost I have active and the 9% boost from the new Piazza set, nor does the happiness boost, which adds to the impression that this in intentional.

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 11.18.36 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 11.19.06 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 11.21.21 PM.png

The Lighthouse of Alexandria should not be counting uses when not actually used.

Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 11.20.38 PM.png

Last edited:

RazorbackPirate

Special Buildings are affected, but it doesn't show the boosted amount on the tool tip. When you collect, watch the number of Supplies that are actually added to the total, you will see it is the base amount plus all the associated boosts like Enthusiasm, LoA, etc.

Salsuero

Special Buildings are affected, but it doesn't show the boosted amount on the tool tip. When you collect, watch the number of Supplies that are actually added to the total, you will see it is the base amount plus all the associated boosts like Enthusiasm, LoA, etc.

Ok, so then perhaps it should actually show how much you will receive like every other boosted item shows. The set buildings are able to show the correct amount. If not, this now seems more like a bug than intentional. I'll check during tomorrow's collection.

To a moderator: if this thread needs to be moved to the bug reports folder to be more accurately-placed now that my question has been addressed, please do so.

RazorbackPirate

I don't disagree that it would be nice to have the full boosted amount shown. However, technically it's not a bug. When a building like The Ship is motivated, it activates all the extra productions, which is the action that shows in the info box.

Salsuero

I don't disagree that it would be nice to have the full boosted amount shown. However, technically it's not a bug. When a building like The Ship is motivated, it activates all the extra productions, which is the action that shows in the info box.

But it doesn't "show" the accurate amount. Even when motivated, the tooltips still show the base amount of supplies. For example:
Screen Shot 2019-03-02 at 11.43.42 PM.png

That's still the base amount. If the set buildings can show the correct amount (it changes if the Tavern boost expires or you run out of LoA uses, for example), the special buildings should be able to do the same thing. Even the coin amount has the ability to change within the special building tooltip based on being motivated, so it's not like the special buildings are incapable of change. I think they're just poorly coded in this case. That to me seems like a bug.

RazorbackPirate

I understand. It shows is all of the motivational bonuses are now active, including the base amount of Supplies which will get all applicable boosts applied at collection. The reason the coin amount shows doubled, is that is the action a motivation applies.

Before the building is motivated, it shows the base coin amount and the 'available' bonuses below the 'When motivated:' line. After motivation, the building shows the doubled coins and activated bonuses, both the action of the motivation. It works the same way with every building whose motivation activates Supplies. It shows the base amount as available or activated, all applicable boosts applied at collection.

Since this is the way it's been intentionally programmed, initiating this change would require a proposal. I'd support it. The question is, would Inno?

Emberguard

But it doesn't "show" the accurate amount. Even when motivated, the tooltips still show the base amount of supplies. For example:
View attachment 12004
Maybe "uses remaining" sources aren't counted as bonuses because it won't be applied to every building. It'll only work at the time of clicking until clicking runs out.

So if it did show the boost it'd have to show it on everything until the uses run out and then revert back

Salsuero

Since this is the way it's been intentionally programmed, initiating this change would require a proposal. I'd support it. The question is, would Inno?

Thanks for your feedback. Personally, I don't believe it's intentional as Inno isn't fond of misleading people. They correct issues like this all the time without the need for a proposal. I'd like to see this sent to the bug reports folder and perhaps Inno will address it. I don't think a proposal is what is required here.

Salsuero

Maybe "uses remaining" sources aren't counted as bonuses because it won't be applied to every building. It'll only work at the time of clicking until clicking runs out.

So if it did show the boost it'd have to show it on everything until the uses run out and then revert back

I'm not sure what you're saying here. It shows on production buildings and reverts when it runs out. It shows on set buildings and reverts when it runs out. The same happens when a supply tavern boost expires or if you lose your happiness boost. This should be how it works for all buildings that provide supplies if the LoA is going to boost them and you lose a use when collecting them.

Salsuero

After collection tonight, I can confirm that this is indeed a bug. The intended action is carried out, but not observed visually prior to collection. The supplies are indeed boosted by the multiple bonuses I have enabled, but only the base amount of supplies is shown in the tooltip. Can this thread be moved to the bug reports folder to pursue further action by the devs? Stephen Longshanks?

RazorbackPirate

After collection tonight, I can confirm that this is indeed a bug. The intended action is carried out, but not observed visually prior to collection. The supplies are indeed boosted by the multiple bonuses I have enabled, but only the base amount of supplies is shown in the tooltip.
You've confirmed that the LoA boost is being applied correctly and the tooltip displays the information 'as programmed.' Declaring it a bug doesn't make it so, but as always, Inno can weigh in on the topic with their determination, or not.

Maybe it was on the Beta forum, but I recall this topic being raised before. I also recall Inno confirming the tooltip works 'as intended'. When motivated, the tooltip shows correctly that coins have been doubled and the extra productions are enabled, the two actions motivating this type of building performs.

Since the display of supplies with boosts applied requires a change to the existing code, not fixing existing code that's not working 'as intended', this change should be submitted as a proposal. Or maybe it's not that important.

DeletedUser

After collection tonight, I can confirm that this is indeed a bug. The intended action is carried out, but not observed visually prior to collection. The supplies are indeed boosted by the multiple bonuses I have enabled, but only the base amount of supplies is shown in the tooltip. Can this thread be moved to the bug reports folder to pursue further action by the devs? Stephen Longshanks?
The surest way, I believe, to pursue this as a bug would be to report it in-game as a bug when it happens. I happen to agree with those who say that this is the way it is designed to work. I seem to remember having this discussion at one point in the past here on the Forum, although if it was in a thread specifically about this or in a thread mostly about something else related to this, I don't know.

Salsuero

The surest way, I believe, to pursue this as a bug would be to report it in-game as a bug when it happens. I happen to agree with those who say that this is the way it is designed to work. I seem to remember having this discussion at one point in the past here on the Forum, although if it was in a thread specifically about this or in a thread mostly about something else related to this, I don't know.

I believe it's wise to do both things. Because they usually tell me to report bugs in the forums when I do it that way, can we please move this to the bug reports folder and let Inno decide if this is a bug or not? I believe that it is.

DeletedUser

I believe it's wise to do both things. Because they usually tell me to report bugs in the forums when I do it that way, can we please move this to the bug reports folder and let Inno decide if this is a bug or not? I believe that it is.
If I thought that this was indeed a bug, I'd move it. It is the way it has always worked, and I believe it is the way it was intended to work. As I said there has been this discussion before. If you believe it is a bug, feel free to post about it in bug reports.

Salsuero

If I thought that this was indeed a bug, I'd move it. It is the way it has always worked, and I believe it is the way it was intended to work. As I said there has been this discussion before. If you believe it is a bug, feel free to post about it in bug reports.

Shouldn't that be up to the devs? I've already posted it here and would like to have it moved rather than recreated, which is basically redundant. You don't think there's enough open interpretation that this could be considered a bug by the devs, even if you don't think so?

RazorbackPirate

Shouldn't that be up to the devs? I've already posted it here and would like to have it moved rather than recreated, which is basically redundant. You don't think there's enough open interpretation that this could be considered a bug by the devs, even if you don't think so?
If you think it's a bug, submit a support ticket in game. If you don't think it's a bug, submit a proposal.

Lancer

I agree that this needs to be submitted as an in game ticket. If you wish, you may also link them this thread, for a more detailed description.

Salsuero

If you think it's a bug, submit a support ticket in game. If you don't think it's a bug, submit a proposal.

I agree that this needs to be submitted as an in game ticket. If you wish, you may also link them this thread, for a more detailed description.

I did that. They can't understand what I mean, despite image attachments and clear language, and after a lengthy back and forth, they ultimately told me to go to the forums... exactly what they always say. Tickets are basically useless. I still think it's a bug.